• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niantic's playing it off like it was intentional, but I think that's just damage control. XD Still, this is pretty exciting.

The Pokémon appeared everywhere for me as well, for about half an hour before they disappeared again. Every single one that I captured was actually a Ditto, which seems to be the case for everyone.

Apparently the Japanese head of marketing for Niantic posted a tweet of it, but the whole thing feels too random to have been intentional. It also doesn't seem like something the Pokémon Company would agree to, which I imagine Niantic would need permission to do so in the first place, especially since this Pokémon originates in Let's GO (assuming this is the special Pokémon) and is transferred to GO. I still think some kind of bug or glitch caused them all to appear by mistake.

I don't think that's its intended mechanic, really, it's just that it's being teased with dittos.

As I said in another thread, the "transforming to Ditto after capture" also happened with the Kecleon that people caught.

It's not even an intended mechanic for the Pokemon.

Okay. Based on all of these comments, I think I got an idea of what's going on here. The Pokémon itself was accidentally uploaded to Pokémon GO a little earlier than intended, but once Niantic found out about it, they decided to not only leave it in for us to analyze and then deliberately had it randomly appear to their players as an intentional tease. In other words, Niantic took advantage of the unintentional upload of Nutty, left it in for the data-miners, and then turned it into a marketing campaign. Everything after the initial implementation of the 'mon has been planned out, but not the timing of when it was implemented.

Okay. Based on all of these comments, I think I got an idea of what's going on here. The Pokémon itself was accidentally uploaded to Pokémon GO a little earlier than intended, but once Niantic found out about it, they decided to not only leave it in for us to analyze and then deliberately had it randomly appear to their players as an intentional tease. In other words, Niantic took advantage of the unintentional upload of Nutty, left it in for the data-miners, and then turned it into a marketing campaign. Everything after the initial implementation of the 'mon has been planned out, but not the timing of when it was implemented.
Sounds about right, yeah. That's how it seems to have played out- the initial discovery appeared to have been a mix-up with Nutty uploaded in place of Kecleon's model, and then with it circling around the internet, they just turned the mistake into fantastic publicity.

Sounds about right, yeah. That's how it seems to have played out- the initial discovery appeared to have been a mix-up with Nutty uploaded in place of Kecleon's model, and then with it circling around the internet, they just turned the mistake into fantastic publicity.
Maybe GF can take a page from them instead of acting like nobody saw anything.

I wanted to like the guy, but the fact that its pupil (what I assumed was a metal ball that held everything together) can blink really bothers me.
Ditto can transform into every Pokemon, I don't see how it turning into monsters Go players haven't seen is a glitch or a mistake. It seems like a cooler way to foreshadow their inclusion than having them just run away.
It feels weird to go back to the 2010 days where new Pokemon could come from the least expected places, but it makes things more interesting.

I wanted to like the guy, but the fact that its pupil (what I assumed was a metal ball that held everything together) can blink really bothers me.
Ditto can transform into every Pokemon, I don't see how it turning into monsters Go players haven't seen is a glitch or a mistake. It seems like a cooler way to foreshadow their inclusion than having them just run away.
It feels weird to go back to the 2010 days where new Pokemon could come from the least expected places, but it makes things more interesting.
English to BackSet translation, please.

Theory. The origin of unknown? Sort of a similar design? Not that I think it would happen, but for it to be a pre-evo would be adorable.

Just saw it myself in GO. I think its a cool way to tease a new pokemon. Like ditto saw it in a far off land and copied it's appearance. Keeps everything about it a mystery, only teasing its look and cry.
Screenshot_2018-09-22-17-03-51.png

Last edited:
How great would that be if this isn't even the gift gen 8 mon from lets go and its just a random pokemon they decided to tease?
Regardless, it seems to have done a great job of hyping people up for pokemon (myself included). Id be curious to see if there was a spike in preorders of lets go as a result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom