• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's a Gen VII Pokémon because Kanto has been very influential since Gen V. If Meltan is a Gen VIII Pokémon, the forced Kanto homage will probably continue in Gen VIII.

I hope it's a Gen VII Pokémon because Kanto has been very influential since Gen V. If Meltan is a Gen VIII Pokémon, the forced Kanto homage will probably continue in Gen VIII.
It's being revealed in LGPE, so there was going to be Kanto involved regardless- if it was a Gen 8 pokemon, I don't think that would carry on into the rest of them. =/

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! | Meltan Also hey, Steel-type confirmed. Big surprise there.

One shouldn't question Joe Merrick's wisdom.
I questioned it when he thought that the Pokemon being unleashed worldwide wasn't planned.

And the correct way to refer to Meltan is as a Go/LGPE mythical that will probably be carried over to the next generation. It has nothing to do with Alola.

Come on, pure Steel. They could have done so much more with it, make it Steel/Ghost or Steel/Psychic. This Pokemon screams failed Mew clone from a mile away and it also seems the only way you can get it is via Pokemon Go.

And Meltan is a really stupid name. Prefer Nutty.

...Huh, so it was real all along. Tbh the design doesn't really look that interesting to me, the nut and wire tail just look very out of place compared to its ditto-like body. Gen VII's been weird with new mons - introduce 5 additional Pokémon in the follow-up games, then introduce another for LGPE and PoGo. Assuming Meltan's not Gen VIII, of course.

Reactions: SGD
How does a hexagon nut with a wire tail and a liquid metal body scream "failed Mew clone"???

I'm guessing if you subscribe to the ditto as failed new clone theory, and IDK, maybe saw the magnetic eye as psychic?

(I actually like the mew theory for ditto, but it's against the word of god if I remember so *shrug*)

I am wondering if Meltan will evolve or get a new form since if it stays like that then it is pretty underwhelming for the only new Pokemon for Lets Go.

So nobody's gonna question why they would go out their way to animate Willow and the environment around him for this little trailer, when this looks like this would all be perfect graphics for a switch game?
Don't forget the voice acting. I haven't heard Willow talk before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom