• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised that Meltan is a mythical Pokemon, not even an interesting one if I have to be honest.
It's kinda cute and tiny, but that's about the only thing it has going for it. I'm really disappointed by the lore they've given us already- its design screams "man-made" but they idiotically went the "it's an ancient pokemon" route. It has a nut for a head and a literal wire for a tail, Game Freak. Come on. It would have been better if it was made out to be a recent unidentified man-made mythical.

That is true, we have Xukitree a pokemon literally made of cable, plugs and wires, yet it wasn't man made. Pokemon are just weird
At this point, I'm starting to believe humanity's inventions are imitating Pokémon, and not people making Pokémon that look like things.

Turns out I was right: the new Pokemon is a Gen 7 mythical.

You have jumped the gun on saying you're right that it is Gen VII. Nothing at all points to it being a Gen VII Pokémon yet. As far as we know, Let's GO will have zero connections to any other Gen VII game, so there is no reason to even assume Let's GO is supposed to be part of Gen VII and not it's own thing seperate from the traditional games.

If let's GO turns into a series, we'll likely have to restart the generation numbers for the new series, and call Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee Gen I-R (Gen I Reborn).

At this point, I'm starting to believe humanity's inventions are imitating Pokémon, and not people making Pokémon that look like things.
That's sort of been my major headcanon for the series. Like, people saw a Chingling, noticed how its orb organ rings in its throat, and designed a small metal version of it. It's not much different to our world like a plane resembling a bird or baby's rattle compared to a rattlesnake's tail.

You have jumped the gun on saying you're right that it is Gen VII. Nothing at all points to it being a Gen VII Pokémon yet. As far as we know, Let's GO will have zero connections to any other Gen VII game, so there is no reason to even assume Let's GO is supposed to be part of Gen VII and not it's own thing seperate from the traditional games.

If let's GO turns into a series, we'll likely have to restart the generation numbers for the new series, and call Let's GO Pikachu/Eevee Gen I-R (Gen I Reborn).
There's also the fact that we don't know the exact number of Meltan. What if it's not 808? Wouldn't that kind of screw things?

I don't see how being an ancient mythical necessarily excludes it from being manmade. We have the Regi Trio. Plus, the ultimate weapon, a 3000 year old device was pretty advanced. Who's to say an ancient group of people could not have figured out out to make a small electromagnet and imbue it with life.

Edit: I forgot about Magearna, but I'm not completely certain on its lore.

I hope Nutty's lore is exclusive to the Let's Go games. I don't care if it's available in future games as a mystery gift or whatever, but I have no interest in it.

I don't see how being an ancient mythical necessarily excludes it from being manmade. We have the Regi Trio. Plus, the ultimate weapon, a 3000 year old device was pretty advanced. Who's to say an ancient group of people could not have figured out out to make a small electromagnet and imbue it with life.
I think people are frustrated because it's more of a modern invention-the Regis seem to be golems made out of just materials shaped into their form, while Malten's nut and wire are considerably more modern. It's probably still in the distant past for Pokemon since, as you said, they have advanced technology in the past, but I feel like it's still not quite worth putting on par with Pokemon that were just formed of raw materials like the Regis and the Baltoy line.

There's also the fact that we don't know the exact number of Meltan. What if it's not 808? Wouldn't that kind of screw things?
As much as I hate the idea of it being Gen 7 for various reasons, apparently the naming conventions for asset numbers (of which the reported 891 attached to the model seems to be) heavily implies that it is going to be Gen 7 after all. =/ Which is a darn shame, because making it part of Gen 8 would have been brilliant in making people excited for Let's Go AND Gen 8. But nope, short-sighted as ever.

What's happening, guys? I'm not sure about whether or not players will be able to transfer any Pokémon from Generation VI or VII video games to Generation VIII video games throughout the Bank app? This is because Nintendo Switch isn't compatible with any of the 3DS systems at all. You guys don't think so, do you?

What's happening, guys? I'm not sure about whether or not players will be able to transfer any Pokémon from Generation VI or VII video games to Generation VIII video games throughout the Bank app? This is because Nintendo Switch isn't compatible with any of the 3DS systems at all. You guys don't think so, do you?
Bank is a cloud system-there's no reason for it to not be able to give the data to a different console.

As much as I hate the idea of it being Gen 7 for various reasons, apparently the naming conventions for asset numbers (of which the reported 891 attached to the model seems to be) heavily implies that it is going to be Gen 7 after all. =/ Which is a darn shame, because making it part of Gen 8 would have been brilliant in making people excited for Let's Go AND Gen 8. But nope, short-sighted as ever.
I don't know. I know I shouldn't rely on patterns, but so far no first revealed Pokémon has ever followed the last Pokémon in the previous generation. I don't really count Ho-oh since it was possibly originally an anime only thing that was added later when they decided to do a sequel to Gen I, but Lucario wasn't #387, Zorua and Zoroark weren't #494 and #495 respectively, etc.

But then again, Game Freak has an habit of contradicting me, so maybe I'm just deluding myself *sigh*

EDIT:

I was really hoping for Mewthree hahaha. But still I do wonder what mewtwo strikes back evolution means?

Maybe it's Mega Mewtwo X's debut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom