• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda cute and tiny, but that's about the only thing it has going for it. I'm really disappointed by the lore they've given us already- its design screams "man-made" but they idiotically went the "it's an ancient pokemon" route. It has a nut for a head and a literal wire for a tail, Game Freak. Come on. It would have been better if it was made out to be a recent unidentified man-made mythical.

That is true, we have Xukitree a pokemon literally made of cable, plugs and wires, yet it wasn't man made. Pokemon are just weird

Meltan and Xurkitree among others could be related!! It is plausible that they represent parts of a time/dimension travel machine that gained unexpected properties and liveliness by entering into, for example Ultra Space, and fell apart in multiple dimensions, scattering some parts of itself back into the traditional realm and,
as such, Meltan would be known mythologically in Kanto due to it appearing from the future in a distant past era.

Can somebody link me to the Super Pokémon leak? I want to know how bad it is.
Here it is. It's in three parts. Each part is made by a different leaker.

Part 1:
Region: Reginos
Island based on Great Britain

The region will be split into 4 "Shires" and follow the trial system like Alola and also have 4 traditional gyms. Leaders of each shire will be called 'Lords'. Expect a city based on London, castles, palaces, Stonehenge and Hadrians wall. Post game has an underwater tunnel that leads to its French counterpart...

Villain team is "Team Majestic". Their goal is to capture powerful Pokemon to use as weapons to take over the world. They will attempt to capture all 4 legendary Pokemon to summon the secret 5th legendary.

The legendary pokemon each live in a shire and are regarded as "symbols of the classic elements": Air, Earth, Fire, Water.

Scottish shire: legendary water type based on the Loch Ness Monster. Symbol of the classic water element.

N. Irish shire: legendary ground type giant (inspired by 'Giants causeway' myth). Symbol of the classic Earth element.

Welsh shire: legendary flying type based on a Wyvern. Symbol of the classic Air element.

English shire: legendary fire type based on Saint George's dragon. Symbol of the classic fire element.

5th legendary and box art for both games will a winged duel-type unicorn. One game has 'Attack form' (Ghost/Dark) and one game has 'Defense form' (Psychic/Fairy). One form makes it white while the other form makes it black. It is the symbol of the classic 'aether' element ("Void" in Japanese).

You will be able to crossbreed Mew and Mewtwo to hatch a Mewthree in the day care centre.

The exclusive feature for this game will be "Super stones". This is 1 stone that permanently evolves a pokemons type and gives it 4 new moves. Only a select handful of pokemon can "evolve type" and they will be known as "Super Pokemon".

Pikachu - Fairy (but it can not evolve into Raichu after this)
Lapras - dragon
Tauros - steel
Hitmonlee - dark
Muk - ghost
Kabutops - ground
Snorlax - fighting
Weavile - Psychic
Zangoose - ice
Flygon - bug
Ho-oh - flying
Lugia - water

Part 2:
The "super stones" translation were misinterpreted. These stones temporarily change the typing of a handful of "super pokemon" in battle. When a stone is used, these special Pokemon temporarily have THREE typings in battle and three secret moves unlocked (which replace their normal 4 moves) - one move of each type. They also get surround by an aura that changes color depending on the type of the selected move.

Triple type combinations that will be available are:

Ground/Rock/Steel - Steelix
Grass/Poison/Ground - Venosaur
Electric/Fairy/Dark - Pikachu
Fire/Dragon/Flying - Charizard
Water/Ice/Steel - Blastoise
Ghost/Dark/Psychic - Gengar
Water/Ice/Dragon - Lapras
Water/Dragon/Dark - Gyrados
Fighting/Normal/Psychic - Lucario
Bug/Dragon/Flying - Flygon
Bug/Poison/Rock - Kabutops
Fighting/Ice/Normal - Zangoose
Psychic/Flying/Ghost - Ho-oh
Psychic/Flying/Water - Lugia
Psychic/Fairy/Normal - Mew
Psychic/Fairy/Dark - Mewtwo

Each game will have 8 "super pokemon" respectively

Part 3:
I am the person who gave the original Gen 7 chinese leaks and new Gen 8 leaks. Gen 8 leaks were originally on tumblr and fans have been adding their own ideas which are not true. "Super pokemon", Mewthree and triple types are not real. The image attached is all the correct details for Gen 8. I've cropped the post circulating to the correct info. Although this is the information in bullet points.

Gen 7 will be shorter than previous games, and that's why you can expect a quick follow up of Gen 8. There are no Megas in gen 7. Mega evolutions have been saved for Gen 8 as the region will attach to Kalos (UK - France: France where mega's originate; go figure).

The best news I can give you is the remaining starter Pokemon will all get Mega Evolutions - except for Gen 7 - in the gen 8 games.

Greninja starts using his tongue as a sling shot with its hands - and slings water balls.

Feraligatr will gain dark type.
Meganium will gain fairy type.
Typlosion will gain ground type.
Empoleon replaces steel type with ice.
Serperior gains poison.

There will be no other megas. There will be 2 gen of starters for exclusive to each gen 8 game. 2 and 4 starters/5 and 6 starters respectively.

Meltan and Xurkitree among others could be related!! It is plausible that they represent parts of a time/dimension travel machine that gained unexpected properties and liveliness by entering into, for example Ultra Space, and fell apart in multiple dimensions, scattering some parts of itself back into the traditional realm and,
as such, Meltan would be known mythologically in Kanto due to it appearing from the future in a distant past era.
Oh, man, even though I don't think this is likely (Meltan would be better off in an Alola game if it was a UB), I honestly really like this idea.
Did I just step back in time to 1999? Will Pikablu and the PokeGods be obtainable, too?
Of course! Just look at the Super Pokemon list! :p

I think all rumors/leaks on gen 8, especially ones as in depth as this are fake. Way too early. Though a UK region would be cool. I wouldnt mind a more in depth breeding system though, get psudo hybrids of difering types. Maybe even some species only obtainable through breeding like dragon quest monsters

Bleh, triple typings, what's wrong with just changing the types to accommodate future games? But fusion typings, yes please. Plasma and Mud being easy to figure out.

Thanks @RileyXY1! I guess it will make me feel better to disect this leak.

Part 1:

The region will be split into 4 "Shires" and follow the trial system like Alola and also have 4 traditional gyms. Leaders of each shire will be called 'Lords'. Expect a city based on London, castles, palaces, Stonehenge and Hadrians wall. Post game has an underwater tunnel that leads to its French counterpart...

Villain team is "Team Majestic". Their goal is to capture powerful Pokemon to use as weapons to take over the world. They will attempt to capture all 4 legendary Pokemon to summon the secret 5th legendary.

The legendary pokemon each live in a shire and are regarded as "symbols of the classic elements": Air, Earth, Fire, Water.

Scottish shire: legendary water type based on the Loch Ness Monster. Symbol of the classic water element.

N. Irish shire: legendary ground type giant (inspired by 'Giants causeway' myth). Symbol of the classic Earth element.

Welsh shire: legendary flying type based on a Wyvern. Symbol of the classic Air element.

English shire: legendary fire type based on Saint George's dragon. Symbol of the classic fire element.

5th legendary and box art for both games will a winged duel-type unicorn. One game has 'Attack form' (Ghost/Dark) and one game has 'Defense form' (Psychic/Fairy). One form makes it white while the other form makes it black. It is the symbol of the classic 'aether' element ("Void" in Japanese).

You will be able to crossbreed Mew and Mewtwo to hatch a Mewthree in the day care centre.

The exclusive feature for this game will be "Super stones". This is 1 stone that permanently evolves a pokemons type and gives it 4 new moves. Only a select handful of pokemon can "evolve type" and they will be known as "Super Pokemon".

Lapras - dragon
Tauros - steel
Hitmonlee - dark
Muk - ghost
Kabutops - ground
Snorlax - fighting
Weavile - Psychic
Zangoose - ice
Flygon - bug
Ho-oh - flying
Lugia - water

Part 2:
The "super stones" translation were misinterpreted. These stones temporarily change the typing of a handful of "super pokemon" in battle. When a stone is used, these special Pokemon temporarily have THREE typings in battle and three secret moves unlocked (which replace their normal 4 moves) - one move of each type. They also get surround by an aura that changes color depending on the type of the selected move.

Part 3:
I am the person who gave the original Gen 7 chinese leaks and new Gen 8 leaks. Gen 8 leaks were originally on tumblr and fans have been adding their own ideas which are not true. "Super pokemon", Mewthree and triple types are not real. The image attached is all the correct details for Gen 8. I've cropped the post circulating to the correct info. Although this is the information in bullet points.

Gen 7 will be shorter than previous games, and that's why you can expect a quick follow up of Gen 8. There are no Megas in gen 7. Mega evolutions have been saved for Gen 8 as the region will attach to Kalos (UK - France: France where mega's originate; go figure).

The best news I can give you is the remaining starter Pokemon will all get Mega Evolutions - except for Gen 7 - in the gen 8 games.

Greninja starts using his tongue as a sling shot with its hands - and slings water balls.

Serperior gains poison.

There will be no other megas. There will be 2 gen of starters for exclusive to each gen 8 game. 2 and 4 starters/5 and 6 starters respectively.

A1- Again, would have liked a region based on the rest of Asia, Africa or Oceania, oh well.
A2- Well, it has fairly obvious guesses on which areas will be represented. The French tunnel thing raises alarms.
A3- So, Team Rocket with Team Galactic's plot? I mean, replace "fifth" with "sixth" and you get what Cyrus did in Platinum (although it was not on purpose).
A4- This is giving me flashbacks of the time I believed the UBs were going to be based on the elemental spirits of alchemy, only for Game Freak to reveal Buzzwole and Pheromosa two days later. Moving on...
A5- After losing Kurusu, I don't want a Loch Ness monster. Also, it kinda sounds like Lapras 2.0
A6- Got nothing to say about the giant.
A7- Same for the wyvern.
A8- So, a second dragon where they already mentioned one? Okay...
A9- Wouldn't it cause a little backlash to have the same legendary for both versions when people want to have versions that are different and not the same game with other Pokémon?
A10- I was going to say it is not incest, but then I remember that the only wild Mew you can catch in the games is implied to be the Pokémon Mansion one, so yeah... a little squicky in my opinion. Also, that would be Gen I pandering done horribly wrong.
A11- Here comes the interesting part!
A12- Aside from the obvious Ho-oh mistake, most of them either sound random (Snorlax, Weavile) or things that fans have suggested for years (Lugia, Lapras). Also, Pikachu already have enough things, stop giving things to it, dammit!

B1- Oh, it was a mistranslation, and actual translation made things worse, sure...
B2- May I ask why giving Ground to Venusaur makes sense? Or giving Normal to Lucario? Same to Mew. Ho-oh and Zangoose also have weird typings.
B3- *sigh*

C1- Another retcon! I love it when leaks start to contradict themselves!
C2- Weird... I could have sworn that Gen VII was longer to me, specially since it takes 1 full day to beat each island + post-game (5 days total, 6 in USUM for the Team Rocket Castle)
C3- More megas? Okay, I can accept it unless they do the whole "Fire-Starter gets two megas thing" again.
C4- Because Water Shurikens are not cool enough.
C5- I can picture the Johto starters with those types, but why would you weaken Empoleon and Serperior? I don't get it.
C6- So, only the starters? Weird. Seeing starters as version opposites might be some of the more normal things.

Conclusion

The fact it contradicts itself already gave it away it's fake. Doesn't help that it doesn't have any ideas that I find interesting.

Last edited:
If they made Meltan into a UB or a former-UB (like Necrozma) that would just hurt my opinion of it, personally.

I honestly think its design works as a UB, and connecting the ultra space stuff to Kanto, even if briefly, would be pretty neat. And this is coming from someone who hates the ultra beasts.
Of all concepts, I honestly want to see Ultra Space swept under the rug. XD Rather just keep it in Alola and disassociate Nutty from that nonsense. Eugh.

Besides, my RP group bans Ultra Beasts, so we couldn't have Nutty if it turned out to be one.

But a curious thing I had noticed while analyzing Chrales' stream of the initial leak- Meltan was clearly uploaded in Kecleon's spot. It had all of Kecleon's info, except for one thing...

index.png

Those moves aren't Kecleon's.

Granted, that could have any number of explanations, I'm sure, but since the reveal, I've thought it a bit interesting as "Meltan generates electricity using the metal it absorbs from outside sources. It uses this electricity as an energy source and also as an attack that can be fired from its eye."

Sometimes I winder if being a fan if something is just sitting around and hoping something you like happens, meanwhile criticizing everything you don't.

Edit: GAH ALSO- breeding Mew and Mewtwo?! Isn't that borderline incest?! Stop stop stop stop stop!
You know there's multiple Mew in the Pokémon World and not just the one Mewtwo was created from, right?

Is this confirmed canon outside the anime?
Technically yes, the incest thing comes from the anime, and in my case, it's because the only wild Mew you can normally get is the one that is related to Mewtwo. At least, that's how I understand the whole Pokémon Mansion/Faraway Island situation.

My theory on mew, which I've probably stated before, is that it's where Arceus backed up all the pokemon dna like the cloud.

My theory on mew, which I've probably stated before, is that it's where Arceus backed up all the pokemon dna like the cloud.
Well, seeing how Mew is possibly the ancestor of all (natural) Pokémon + Mewtwo, that doesn't seem Farfetch'd I regret nothing.

EDIT: Joking aside, yes, I find it possible.

I always found Piuk's rumor really annoying and very confusing,because he was making up random stuff and it doesn't make sense. He got some crazy imaginations from playing games.

Part 1:

Lapras - dragon
Tauros - steel
Hitmonlee - dark
Muk - ghost
Kabutops - ground
Snorlax - fighting
Weavile - Psychic
Zangoose - ice
Flygon - bug
Ho-oh - flying
Lugia - water

Part 2:

Part 3:

Serperior gains poison.

Whoever made that all up did not even bother trying to sound convincing.

I feel insulted, like how dumb do these people think we are? :mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom