• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't some of the tropical regions also included snowy mountains and deserts and such?

Only Alola has snowy regions. Hoenn did not have snow. We did not see snow in the Pokemon series until Diamond/Pearl. However, I find that's all aside from the point. Alola is still a tropical region, and that's its central theme. Having a couple of snowy areas does not change that one bit. A Scandinavian region would be the opposite. Could still have deserts and tropical beaches, because that's what GF does (Unova having a tropical beach town and deserts makes absolutely no sense thinking about what location it is based on IRL, so GF does what they want), but the general aesthetic/theme of it would be Scandinavian, which would be very unique compared to what we've gotten in the series so far.

Only Alola has snowy regions. Hoenn did not have snow. We did not see snow in the Pokemon series until Diamond/Pearl. However, I find that's all aside from the point. Alola is still a tropical region, and that's its central theme. Having a couple of snowy areas does not change that one bit. A Scandinavian region would be the opposite. Could still have deserts and tropical beaches, because that's what GF does (Unova having a tropical beach town and deserts makes absolutely no sense thinking about what location it is based on IRL, so GF does what they want), but the general aesthetic/theme of it would be Scandinavian, which would be very unique compared to what we've gotten in the series so far.
Well, I think Hoenn was supposed to have snowy areas judging by the fact a small snow animation was found on the Gen III games. There's also the fact that the Boarder class was unused on Gen III so maybe they were going to be on the cut area(s).

EDIT: Also, what's the third tropical region? The only ones I see are Hoenn and Alola.

EDIT 2: I realized now that I misread the post that mentioned three tropical regions. Oops!

Last edited:
really hope we get a badass looking dragon type Pokemon this generation! Have not been a fan of the pseudo legendaries since generation 4 so I hope with ryuki showing up in generation 7 and hinting he is not from Alola is a sign of a cool dragon Pokemon coming for generation 8.

really hope we get a badass looking dragon type Pokemon this generation! Have not been a fan of the pseudo legendaries since generation 4 so I hope with ryuki showing up in generation 7 and hinting he is not from Alola is a sign of a cool dragon Pokemon coming for generation 8.
You know the saddest thing is that we don't have many really cool dragons in Pokemon, especially for pseudo-legendaries... we have big round harmless cutieboos like Dragonite, Goodra and Drampa... or we have "trying too hard to be cool" like Zekrom, Hydreigon and Garchomp.

...or looks nothing like a dragon, like Tyrunt, Turtonator and Alolan Exeggutor.

I think some of the only dragon designs we have that aren't too edgy or too Barney are Salamence and Charizard, and they had to add in some edgelord to Charizard before it actually got a dragon-type.

Granted, coolness is subjective, but I think most of the "badass" dragons that we have only fall short of throwing on flame decals for added "coolness" (and even then... Mega Rayquaza practically goes there, it's only about four wheels short of being a hot rod). We could use some more simple, pure dragon designs that aren't trying so hard but also don't fall victim to "look it's so cute and squishy." Less bloated faces and random spikes, please.

Though I'm also against over-designing pokemon in general (I'm looking at you, Kommo-o).

I actually prefer the more complicated designs over the simpler ones, especially for Dragon-types. I'm just not a fan of Charizard in general, doesn't look cool to me, since you can easily say that's just a fire-breathing lizard with wings instead of a dragon and the simplicity only makes that more obvious.

Sorry, just needed to vent on how much Pokemon with great lore doesn't get enough credit for having a design that connects with the lore and it's not just there to look cool.

Last edited:
I want a cold place because I live in a very warm place and I think winter clothing looks nicer; I want my character to wear jackets and such. I don't know much about Canada, but a while ago, I did convince myself that a British Columbia based region would be cool.

Did you mean the fluff beavers?

Yes.

I saw all these Pokemon and for some reason thought the region was set in Canada. Then again, I apparently thought Johto was Canada, too, probably due to the topography of the area. This was when I was like four or something.

Here's a very fun fact: The Norse and The Vikings were not the same thing. The Norse could be vikings but not all Norse were vikings. Vikings were essentially just pirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom