• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Meltan actually evolving, this puts to rest any statement saying a Pokemon can't evolve due to any reasons. Legendary and Mythical Pokemon have shown the ability to evolve now.

As a side note, I've always loved Meltan's cry and really enjoy its evolution's even more. Lile, I literally played back that part of the video several times because it was so nice.

Meltan's new form revealed: A Segway that the player rides to the new region in Gen 8. (The wheels are hex nuts)

I’d be happy with this if it means we’re finally getting a vehicle Pokémon. I mean, if Game Freak’s going to continue the base-breaking object-based creature trend, then they might as well make one that can pull off that cool factor.

Though I’m also biased in this regard since I’ve wanted to see a vehicle Pokémon for awhile now just to see what Game Freak would do with the concept. If not with Meltan, then at least sometime in the near future.

With Meltan actually evolving, this puts to rest any statement saying a Pokemon can't evolve due to any reasons. Legendary and Mythical Pokemon have shown the ability to evolve now.

As a side note, I've always loved Meltan's cry and really enjoy its evolution's even more. Lile, I literally played back that part of the video several times because it was so nice.
We don't know if Meltan can evolve. This could just be a form change.

However, even though this is most likely a new evolution, there are cases in which Pokemon without evolutions had different cries depending on their forms, Kyurem and Necrozma being prime examples of this.

However, even though this is most likely a new evolution, there are cases in which Pokemon without evolutions had different cries depending on their forms, Kyurem and Necrozma being prime examples of this.
It's the file name that's being taken as suggestion of an evolution-it's marked with a new dex number, while alternate forms are marked as (DexNumber)_1, or something similar.

Since the Meltan talk was brought up here earlier, the new guy is actually its evolution:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1050279215936008194

I wonder if Gen 8 will continue with evolving Legendaries & Mythicals

Nutty noooooooooooo!

I’d be happy with this if it means we’re finally getting a vehicle Pokémon. I mean, if Game Freak’s going to continue the base-breaking object-based creature trend, then they might as well make one that can pull off that cool factor.

Though I’m also biased in this regard since I’ve wanted to see a vehicle Pokémon for awhile now just to see what Game Freak would do with the concept. If not with Meltan, then at least sometime in the near future.

Vehicle Rotom would be the best thing ever. Make it part ground so you can eat its dust.

The thing is that Pokemon models from Gen 6 onward are already HD models, this is why 3DS Pokemon games had moments where they lagged. This is actually future-proofing the games so that they don't have to keep recreating the models for every generation.

Definitely. And yet I hope they shape them more and give some pokemon actual eyes. I was looking at Aggron and Azelf on Smogon as I'm playing through Platinum and... Yeesh. I know they muted the colors to match Sugimori's art*, but everything looks wrong. All of it. The most I can say is maybe the cell shading is more accurate and the sprite shading hid how bulky these Pokemon really are? Like I used to love Haxorus, but someone mentioned the beer belly for 3D and... Yep. It goes from menacing to braces.

* which I HATE except for Keldeo resolute form 1080p no lines. Actually, they almost all benefit from citra no lines. Hoopa looks great. And the new Pokemon are definitely designed with the muted color palette in mind. Ah well. I don't know what I want. Yes I do. I want to Charizard to not look half-erased.

Edit: HATE THE INTERPRETATION NOT HIS ART.

If you're going to mute the colors and make them just stand awkwardly or whatever Xatu is doing, at least change their expressions to match their natures. Yeah, that could hurt meta, well my feelings are hurt!

What about mecha rotom. 5 Rotom form together to create one massive rotom mecha. The rotom are lions.

"I'll form the head!"

And then it just transforms into a metal elemental Monkey depending on what version you have. And now we know the origin of all things. Where's Lockstin? It's the monkeys. We and they came from the simis, evolving outside of our bad move pool since it wasn't doing anything for us anyway.

I am sleep deprived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom