• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its gen 7 (Lets Go is gen 7 game) and i doubt we have Go connectivity in gen 8, since they already confirmed its for the hardcore fans.
Meltan is Gen 8. Other Pokémon had been introduced earlier than their generation like Ho-Oh, Togepi, Marill, Lucario, Munchlax, Bonsly and Zoroark. Munchlax even appeared in games before we got to Sinnoh, such as Pokémon Dash, Pokémon XD and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue Rescue Teams but it's still a Gen IV Pokémon. Misty's Togepi was a prominent character in the Kanto anime and Ash saw Ho-Oh in the first episode of his Kanto journey but they are still Johto Pokémon. Meltan is just another Pokémon advertising it's upcoming generation.

Meltan is Gen 8. Other Pokémon had been introduced earlier than their generation like Ho-Oh, Togepi, Marill, Lucario, Munchlax, Bonsly and Zoroark. Munchlax even appeared in games before we got to Sinnoh, such as Pokémon Dash, Pokémon XD and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue Rescue Teams but it's still a Gen IV Pokémon. Misty's Togepi was a prominent character in the Kanto anime and Ash saw Ho-Oh in the first episode of his Kanto journey but they are still Johto Pokémon. Meltan is just another Pokémon advertising it's upcoming generation.
This is a different case because it outright appears in a main series game. It's also listed with other Gen VII Pokemon in the index data.

I understand your reasoning as to why you THINK Meltan is Gen VIII, but its asset number being 891, and not 900, means that you are wrong here. Sorry man.

So am I the only one who wondered if meltan would be like wishiwashi? I thought it would have been neat to see all the teeny tiny Meltan form a giant one. Still I’m just glad it isn’t like Zygarde. I hate, hate, HATE zygarde’s concept. It was annoying and pointless. I hope they never do anything like that again. I’m actually very happy with good ole evolution.

As to the (agreed from me) fake starters. I want the fire snake! A big dangerous King cobra! Yes please! Although I guess that’s what arbok is....but the head was definitely toward that appearance, especially with “egyptian eyes.”

I don't care if Meltan is Gen 7 or Gen 8, but there is a theory that Meltan might introduce evolution through fusion (please not this generation). Even though I don't want fusion in Gen 8 because I want it saved for whichever generation in which Gen 5 gets remade in, the presence of Colress in Gen 7 worries me that this is the case for Gen 8 (I hope I'm wrong about this). Colress is known to be involved with Pokemon fusion in some way.

Hmm, evolution through fusion could have various requirements. Something that could be done for Pokemon who already reached lv 100 is to have a Fusion Stone, a consumable item for the purpose of evolving, much like elemental stones. My idea is that the necessary Pokemon need to be in the party for the fusion evolution to take place, making it challenging to obtain certain Pokemon.

I don't care if Meltan is Gen 7 or Gen 8, but there is a theory that Meltan might introduce evolution through fusion (please not this generation). Even though I don't want fusion in Gen 8 because I want it saved for whichever generation in which Gen 5 gets remade in, the presence of Colress in Gen 7 worries me that this is the case for Gen 8 (I hope I'm wrong about this). Colress is known to be involved with Pokemon fusion in some way.
I am really doubting that there will be any fusion evolutions with Meltan- at most, I can kind of see a case of needing to "fuse" several Meltans together, probably via that Go Park mini game where you have to get 25 of the same pokemon to the goal, but if there is any fusion going on, it would probably be a gimmick exclusive to Meltan.

I don't see why it would have any connection to fusion otherwise.

So am I the only one who wondered if meltan would be like wishiwashi? I thought it would have been neat to see all the teeny tiny Meltan form a giant one. Still I’m just glad it isn’t like Zygarde. I hate, hate, HATE zygarde’s concept. It was annoying and pointless.

Aren’t Wishiwashi and Zygarde almost the same concept though?
Weak as a unit but take on stronger forms when distressed/need more power.

Aren’t Wishiwashi and Zygarde almost the same concept though?
Weak as a unit but take on stronger forms when distressed/need more power.
I think the difference is that you have to work to change Zygarde's form while Wishiwashi just needs to get its butt kicked enough.

I've got no complaints with Zygarde's mechanic, I like treasure hunts and it's a legendary so of course you should have to put some effort in.

Well if fusion evolution is a thing, Unknown would be a good candidate for it.
Kyurem would also be a good one for it as well, Kyurem would just need to fuse with one of the other members of his trio normally with the DNA Splicers, and the remaining dragon would be used for Kyurem to evolve (Reshiram would be used for Black Kyurem to evolve and Zekrom would be used for White Kyurem to evolve). Either way, the other two members of the trio will disappear forever through this fusion method.

No, it’s very different. I have to collect and expand Zygarde which i find ridiculous, and wishiwashi basically cries for help and makes itself appear bigger and badder by using others for help. It never actually changed form. Zygarde is forcing cells together to create a different form, and I think he looks god awful too. Only the dog form looks good in my opinion, and I hate the creation aspect I think it’s sick. At least Sylvally was one poor tortured creation so I can feel bad for it.

Either way, the other two members of the trio will disappear forever through this fusion method.
I can't imagine permanently sacrificing a legendary Pokemon would be especially popular.
Zygarde is forcing cells together to create a different form, and I think he looks god awful too. Only the dog form looks good in my opinion, and I hate the creation aspect I think it’s sick. At least Sylvally was one poor tortured creation so I can feel bad for it.
They're not forced, though? It's just the cells naturally do. That'd be like "forcing" a dog to go on a walk-sure, it's initiated by the human, but exploring outside is something the dog would do anyways.

I think it’s illogical that you don’t have to collect Wishiwashi's school to use it... the game just assumes that literally any place will have enough Wishiwashi to form a school which doesn’t make sense if were battling on a desert or Ultra Space.
Will a desert suddenly gain enough Wishiwashi for them to gather around the one we own and form the school form if we're battling in a desert?

No, it’s very different. I have to collect and expand Zygarde which i find ridiculous, and wishiwashi basically cries for help and makes itself appear bigger and badder by using others for help. It never actually changed form. Zygarde is forcing cells together to create a different form, and I think he looks god awful too. Only the dog form looks good in my opinion, and I hate the creation aspect I think it’s sick. At least Sylvally was one poor tortured creation so I can feel bad for it.
Dude. If your cells were scattered across the world and someone found them and put them back together would you say it's "sick"?

I can't imagine permanently sacrificing a legendary Pokemon would be especially popular.
Well, it's just one way to fuse all three members of the Tao trio, the second way could be the way like the DNA Splicers, being able to unfuse when you want to. Either of those is much better than yet another temporary transformation, especially considering Kyurem would be way too much like Necrozma if the Original Dragon is just some temporary form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom