• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never wanted to hate on any game, in fact I was very excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon and even the Ultra games when they were being teased. LGPE on the other hand, already made me hate it from the start due to it being Kanto all over again, but even then, I had a slight will to change my mind about it. However when more information about the game and Masuda's plans came out, the more I decided to skip it. When Masuda said that Let's Go games will become the basis for Pokemon in 20 more years, that's when it was the last straw for me since I don't want lazy and effortless games to become the norm for Pokemon. At this point, he has the mentality of EA, really going out of the way to please casuals in expense of the hardcore fanbase.

No I like sun and moon. But FOR ME, ME, ME it has more content. Sun and moon felt empty to me, and aside from new pokemon it doesn’t change much. Most people do not use Ivs or pay attention to abilities or anything like that. Not really. It’s there for hardcore players so I don’t count it when I check content. I have just as much to do.

I love kanto and obviously it sales

The difference? Soul silver has been out for years and is a ds game. Not brand new, and still costs more than new 3ds games it’s stupid to compare the two price tags when I was saying it doesn’t drop the price for pokemon games.
Even if you originally brought it up to discuss price dropping, the point still stands: You consider 40$ too much for Soul Silver, just like other people consider 60$ too much for LGPE. (Would you not still say 40$ was too much if it was brand new? The amount of content in rhe game hasn't changed since its release) Calling my arguments stupid doesn't change anything.
No I like sun and moon. But FOR ME, ME, ME it has more content. Sun and moon felt empty to me, and aside from new pokemon it doesn’t change much. Most people do not use Ivs or pay attention to abilities or anything like that. Not really. It’s there for hardcore players so I don’t count it when I check content. I have just as much to do.

I love kanto and obviously it sales
PkmnTrainerV gave that list earlier-even if you don't like the changes, the fact that they did add new minigames, setting, story, etc. is undeniable.

Nobody cares about abilities? They're a really simple aspect of battling, far more than IVs. And how can you say Kanto sells better when LGPE isn't even out yet?

No I like sun and moon. But FOR ME, ME, ME it has more content.
If someone said “Red and Blue have more content than Diamond and Pearl for me” the statement isn’t going to be true because it had “for me”.

Just say that you don’t actually care for the features that LGPE doesn’t have, instead of acting like LGPE has more content than SM.

Oh my gosh you are frustrating. I consider it too much NOW. It was fine when it came out but $45 for a USED and ridiculously outdated system is too much. Not a brand new game on a brand new system. They are totally DIFFERENT.

Oh my gosh you are frustrating. I consider it too much NOW. It was fine when it came out but $45 for a USED and ridiculously outdated system is too much. Not a brand new game on a brand new system. They are totally DIFFERENT.
Time between the games doesn't matter much when comparing how much content the games have on systems that are back to back.

Yeah, being insulting because I don't agree with you isn't helping anyone.

Why is the time since release relevant here? This discussion started because people were saying 60$ was too much to pay for LGPE, because they didn't think the content was worth the price. You're saying that you're unwilling to pay 40$ for SoulSilver. Are you not also saying that the content isn't worth the price?

No i’m not at all! I’m saying I won’t pay $45 for it used. I will pay $60 new. This isn’t content related it was a statement that pokemon never drops their prices. All of their used games STILL cost the same as when they came out. I’m saying I refuse to pay for a game that old for that much. New is completely 100% different. Of course it has a higher price tag.

Also it’s not insulting to say you’re being frustrating when clearly you’re frustrating me.

No i’m not at all! I’m saying I won’t pay $45 for it used. I will pay $60 new. This isn’t content related it was a statement that pokemon never drops their prices. All of their used games STILL cost the same as when they came out. I’m saying I refuse to pay for a game that old for that much. New is completely 100% different. Of course it has a higher price tag.

Also it’s not insulting to say you’re being frustrating when clearly you’re frustrating me.
So, you're getting frustrated because we have a different opinion than you do? Not everyone is going to have the same opinions as you do, that's just life in general.

No. Oh my gosh. This is ridiculous. The argument about what i’m saying to do with the two games is frustrating because it’s twisting what i am saying, and not even close. Re-read what i said in the last post. That is what’s frustrating me not the difference in opinion. I could care less about someone else opinion that’s theres to have, but that was not an opinion it. Was. A. Fact. Pokemon games don’t drop in price. Not really.

Last edited:
Why is time the most important factor here? It's true that people expect games to go down in price over time, but people that wait for this usually do so because they're unwilling to pay full price. I'm really confused that you'd be willing to pay full price at one point, but unwilling to pay the same price for the same game because time has passed.

No. Oh my god! This is ridiculous. The argument about what i’m saying to do with the two games is frustrating because it’s twisting what i am saying, and not even close. Re-read what i said in the last post. That is what’s frustrating me not the difference in opinion. I could care less about someone else opinion that’s theres to have, but that was not an opinion it. Was. A. Fact. Pokemon games don’t drop in price. Not really.
Nobody's disputing that fact. I'm just asking a question-if you think full price is too much to pay for SoulSilver, why do you think other people are being unfair for thinking LGPE's full price is too high?

Because I would have paid that new. I won’t pay it’s exact same price 10 years later and used. It’s why i won’t own it. I have a million other things to spend my money on then a used game that is the same price when it should cost less.

I will buy new for price but 10 years from now I wouldn’t give $60 still especially after someone else has played it. There are other games I can spend that money on. I would give $20 for it. Maybe $25, but it should not cost the same still.

My only point here was those who say they will wait for the game to go down in price need to realize that it probably won’t. And I think asking the average price for the game is fair. The average price for all console games is $60. Across platforms.

Yeah I forget regional differences sorry, but the point is there is nothing wrong with asking for the average price. It is still a new game technically.

It is still a new game technically.
It’s funny you say this, yet earlier you think Octopath and Splatoon 2 don’t deserve to be full priced, despite also being new games.
I disagree with that. There are several full priced games on the switch that shouldn’t be octopath for example. I adored the demo, but come on those graphics and gameplay material are not $60 material. I also find splatoon 2 ridiculous for the price. As for smash I think it’s kinda ridiculous too. Not price wise but in general. I find the game ridiculous and boring, but that’s me, and not the point.
It’s cool if you have no problem with LGPE’s price, but just like you don’t want to pay $60 for Octopath and Splatoon 2, other people won’t buy LGPE at full price.

Last edited:
Because I would have paid that new. I won’t pay it’s exact same price 10 years later and used. It’s why i won’t own it. I have a million other things to spend my money on then a used game that is the same price when it should cost less.

I will buy new for price but 10 years from now I wouldn’t give $60 still especially after someone else has played it. There are other games I can spend that money on. I would give $20 for it. Maybe $25, but it should not cost the same still.
This is exactly what's confusing me. You have your own reasons for thinking a game's price should be different, and that's not even looking at the game itself. So why do you have a problem with other people thinking LGPE's price should be lower?
My only point here was those who say they will wait for the game to go down in price need to realize that it probably won’t. And I think asking the average price for the game is fair. The average price for all console games is $60. Across platforms.
Not quite true-Switch games sometimes end up costing more than other platforms, because of cartridge costs. The Unfortunate Reason Multiplatform Nintendo Switch Games Cost More Than On Other Consoles

And even if it was, varying prices are a thing on all platforms.

My take on gen. 8. I hope they do an ireland setting. Green rolling hills, or a mostly ice region with lots of bundled clothes. I think it would be adorable and ice really doesn’t have too much love in my experience.

Also who thinks there will be a new eeveelution this round, and if so which typing? I personally think yes because it seems like they are going to do more with their already being 8 and it being every other generation fits the year. As for typing I have no idea, but I would love a dragon or flying.

Last edited:
My take on gen. 8. I hope they do an ireland setting. Green rolling hills, or a mostly ice region with lots of bundled clothes. I think it would be adorable and ice really doesn’t have too much love in my experience.

Also who thinks there will be a new eeveelution this round, and if so which typing? I personally think yes because it seems like they are going to do more with their already being 8 and it being every other generation fits the year. As for typing I have no idea, but I would love a dragon or flying.
I hope they fix ice's type match-ups if they want to focus on it. Ice had no representation in world's master division top 17 players. It's a phenomenally useless type that finds a niche in coverage moves from better types.
I would love a colder region though. Sinnoh was ok, but not enough. Fixing the ice type would be a marvelous improvement in a setting like that too. They don't even need to touch the type chart. Adding a couple of ice Pokemon only items could change how they function. Or add new moves and abilities that only ice types can learn. I would like a return of megas to the spotlight too. Ireland is closer to France(Kalos) than anything else that has come out.

Ok so what exactly are the realms we have. Side by side? I have a general idea but not a for sure knowing. I didn’t realize for a long time they were based on actual regions.

I don’t compete competitively so I’m unaware of ices faults. I just know that there really isn’t a whole lot of them it seems. When I stop and think them all over in my head they lack a bit. But in general I think a super icy realm would be way fun. Especially, if it had like ice skating across frozen lakes and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom