• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make it an offensive Ice Type (for a fucking change) and it would at least be decent. 120 Speed + 110 Special Attack + Snow Warning + a movepool of Blizzard/Aurora Veil/Thunderbolt/Earth Power/Nasty Plot/Ice Shard/Moonblast could be devastating at least in the lower tiers.

I'm liking that idea a lot

Make it an offensive Ice Type (for a fucking change) and it would at least be decent. 120 Speed + 110 Special Attack + Snow Warning + a movepool of Blizzard/Aurora Veil/Thunderbolt/Earth Power/Nasty Plot/Ice Shard/Moonblast could be devastating at least in the lower tiers.
Too similar to Alolan Ninetales tbh. I would like a fast physical ice type.

I want to see a Minotaur Pokemon, it can be either a standalone legendary or even an extremely rare Pokemon, the only places that it would be found in are ruins that contain the legendary artifacts for other legendary Pokemon i.e Red and Blue Orbs for Groudon and Kyogre.

I want to see a Minotaur Pokemon, it can be either a standalone legendary or even an extremely rare Pokemon, the only places that it would be found in are ruins that contain the legendary artifacts for other legendary Pokemon i.e Red and Blue Orbs for Groudon and Kyogre.

I've heard that a lot and honestly I just can't picture an appealing minotaur pokemon... I feel like it would look too much like a generic minotaur

In a both-new two region game, the second Region might end up not having enough focus. It was fine for Kanto since we already saw it fleshed out, but a completely new second region might not be effectively established in one game. This is GameFreak we’re talking about, you know.

Ninetales is more of a support Pokémon tho. It’s not meant to be used offensively.

It is also used offensively (atleast, I've come across offensive Alolan Ninetales in Showdown random battles fairly often).

The Moveset and stats you described are basically a little more offensively inclined Ninetales.

It is also used offensively (atleast, I've come across offensive Alolan Ninetales in Showdown random battles fairly often).

The Moveset and stats you described are basically a little more offensively inclined Ninetales.
Meh. That’s ok. With over 800 Pokémon out there, there will be some crossover. Just look at Charizard and Typhlosion. They have the exact same stats.

Meh. That’s ok. With over 800 Pokémon out there, there will be some crossover. Just look at Charizard and Typhlosion. They have the exact same stats.

Well, the 1st and 2nd Generation were a bit wonky in that regard. They’ve tried to diversify Pokemon as much as possible after that (in fact, almost every Alolan line has a signature move, ability or gimmick with it).

And creating similar Pokémon isn’t really something you want to do if your purpose is to increase the usage of Ice type...

My proposed Moveset which could make sense for a wolf while being distinct from Alolan Ninetales (an offensive speedy physical one):
Swords Dance Bulk Up, Ice Shard, Elemental Fangs, Play Rough, Night Slash and maaaybe Aurora Veil.

Well, the 1st and 2nd Generation were a bit wonky in that regard. They’ve tried to diversify Pokemon as much as possible after that (in fact, almost every Alolan line has a signature move, ability or gimmick with it).

And creating similar Pokémon isn’t really something you want to do if your purpose is to increase the usage of Ice type...

My proposed Moveset which could make sense for a wolf while being distinct from Alolan Ninetales (an offensive speedy physical one):
Swords Dance Bulk Up, Ice Shard, Elemental Fangs, Play Rough, Night Slash and maaaybe Aurora Veil.
I happen to fundamentally disagree with your thesis, but whatever. It's not like this will be a real Pokemon anyway.

In a both-new two region game, the second Region might end up not having enough focus. It was fine for Kanto since we already saw it fleshed out, but a completely new second region might not be effectively established in one game. This is GameFreak we’re talking about, you know.
What if two region game, both regions are a mirror of each other (because less work that way) and have practically the same story going on, but in each version, you start in the opposite region?

XD It could be almost like Sun and Moon's opposite day cycles, except that maybe one region instead of a snow area, it has a desert. And other slight changes like that. The pokemon could all probably be pretty similar for the most part, too- actually instead of two whole pokedexes worth of pokemon, we would probably just get one new pokedex worth and then forms for most of them. I figure something like Shellos's concept but with regional variants.

Last edited:
What if two region game, both regions are a mirror of each other (because less work that way) and have practically the same story going on, but in each version, you start in the opposite region?

XD It could be almost like Sun and Moon's opposite day cycles, except that maybe one region instead of a snow area, it has a desert. And other slight changes like that. The pokemon could all probably be pretty similar for the most part, too- actually instead of two whole pokedexes worth of pokemon, we would probably just get one new pokedex worth and then forms for most of them.

I’m pretty indifferent towards a two whole-new region concept.

Haven’t GameFreak said somewhere they’re reluctant to do two Region games now? I think I’ve read that somewhere, but I'm not sure.

I’m pretty indifferent towards a two whole-new region concept.

Haven’t GameFreak said somewhere they’re reluctant to do two Region games now? I think I’ve read that somewhere, but I'm not sure.
Yeah, because the level balance with Johto wasn't that great, I believe. I don't think it would be the worst concept to explore, though, but I imagine it would be a game just further exploring the concept of regional variants- which I would have no complaints with. XD

Certainly wouldn't be the most impressive implementation of two regions in one game either way, though, because I fully expect them to cut corners one way or another.

Certainly wouldn't be the most impressive implementation of two regions in one game either way, though, because I fully expect them to cut corners one way or another.

Yeah, seeing their implementation of the Ultra Recon Squad split, I don’t think the character split in such a game would be that impressive.

Honestly, I can see a two region game happen, but only if one is new and the other is old. Maybe Kalos could be the region to go back to when another two region game happens.

Yeah, seeing their implementation of the Ultra Recon Squad split, I don’t think the character split in such a game would be that impressive.
We could get two pretty diverse character groups like with Ruby and Sapphire's two evil teams, at least- but that said, I am pretty sure that a two new region game would look like it might as well be a one new region game overall. XD But it could also open up to a focus on regional variants since the whole point would be it having two regions so- I'd be down for that.

Overall, though, doesn't seem likely.

Sun & Moon is technically a 4-region game. If you want to see how a 2-region game would work with present day's game design just imagine the first region finishing in the Akala trial and the second region starting in Male City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom