• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally caught up with this thread. 917 pages takes quite a while.

Meltan looks adorable! Not enough to make me play Go or buy the LG games.

Melmetal looks strange. Bit disappointed that it doesn't become Steel/ Poison since it's made of mercury which can be poisonous. But oh well. It's better that a regular Pokemon gets that type combination that way it is more accessible and not restricted to a Mythical.

Meltan and Melmetal are officially locked behind a paywall.

I mean, I play Go and will buy LG so I'M unbothered, but ya know.

I wanted to have a Meltan in Go without buying LGPE...
Now I feel a bit cheated that all those initial Meltan could be caught and then converted into Ditto (and not even in time for my Mew quest!)

I wanted to have a Meltan in Go without buying LGPE...
That would have defeated the point of its existence. Also, it was confirmed in the initial trailer that you had to send a gift (box) from LGPE to Go to unlock the new Pokemon (Meltan). You can probably receive Meltan from other Go players that have LGPE, though.

That was just a wish. I was fully aware that I cannot get Meltan in Go with LGPE.

You can probably receive Meltan from other Go players that have LGPE, though.
Personally there are no Go players around me and I'm pretty sure no one has a Switch, let alone LGPE in a thousand mile radius around me.

Actually yeah. Now that I realized. Unless they plan on releasing Meltan at some point via online or code distribution, it is nigh impossible to get Meltan any other way beside having both Go and Let's Go...marketing trap at it's finest eh gamefreak?

Actually yeah. Now that I realized. Unless they plan on releasing Meltan at some point via online or code distribution, it is nigh impossible to get Meltan any other way beside having both Go and Let's Go...marketing trap at it's finest eh gamefreak?
I am not sure I see how Meltan being locked to LGPE is worse than Zeraora being locked to USUM. Go is a free app, as opposed to the transportation needed to get to a retail store for a download code (it's worse in Japan if you dislike the movies). It's a more time-consuming affair, though.

Its like a combination of Golurk, collecting cells like Zygarde. Has Gamefreak lost its creativity?
In addition to Knightwolf's points (plus the fact that catching multiple Pokemon is not the same as finding cells in the overworld, nor is evolving the same as a form change), there's no reason a concept can't be used in a different and interesting way. Vulpix and Fennekin are both Fire-type foxes, and Ho-Oh, Moltres, and Talonflanlme are all Fire/Flying birds-would you say Game Freak lost their creativity there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom