• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD As long as it stays the exception- but the concern stems from the media in general these days. Such as the Powerpuff Girls reboot mentioned by @KrisiChiki earlier- media has this gross concern with shielding children from anything remotely "bad" like fighting and people being mean, so naturally it's a worry that Pokemon will head down that route too because goodness forbid kids ever learn that the world isn't super nice and coated in sugar 24/7.
The Powerpuff girls reboot isn’t the be-all-end-all for kids media. Gravity Falls, for example, had some dark stuff for a kids TV show(which also happened to be a popular show for adults too).

Frankly I don’t really see today’s media going on a path to make everything “bad”-free from kids shows. A few misguided stuff like Powerpuff girls aren’t a good indicative.

I so sowhere a gras starter armadillo (better then sandshrew) and think that after gen 7 it would be nice to get a grass/rock or rock/steel type. But that grass/fairy looking jackalope rabbit also would be great move.

Pig is a great nickname so thanks for that @Feign.

Re: Graphics

I don't want pokemon to look super realistic but I do want it to look less chibi. ORAS was super jarring and it honestly weirded me out how Archie was exactly the same height as you.

I would like the style to stay at least semi-anime. And maybe some more realistic movements and less forced camera angles (along the lines of BotW but not as much as BotW) would be nice.

You onow what I'd like to see. I'd like to see the pokemon team make a game they want. Not a game that the company or the consumers want. But a game that they would want. A game they themselves would love to play.

Pig is a great nickname so thanks for that @Feign.

Re: Graphics

I don't want pokemon to look super realistic but I do want it to look less chibi. ORAS was super jarring and it honestly weirded me out how Archie was exactly the same height as you.
Speaking of heights, I need them to fix the scale of the models from USUM. Charizard and Blastoise being almost as big as the trainer is fine, but I call bs on Groudon and Giratina being smaller than the PC

Speaking of heights, I need them to fix the scale of the models from USUM. Charizard and Blastoise being almost as big as the trainer is fine, but I call bs on Groudon and Giratina being smaller than the PC
Call me weird, but I don't see it as something negative. If they used realistic proportions the biggest Pokémon wouldn't fit in the screen.

Call me weird, but I don't see it as something negative. If they used realistic proportions the biggest Pokémon wouldn't fit in the screen.
No, but on The Switch, there's no reason why they can't expand the screen of gameplay. It doesn't always have to be super camera shifty and at a bird's eye view.

I would really like to see a Fairy/Dragon type that isn't Mega Altaria. Would be such a twist if it's the Pseudo-Legendary.

I honestly would love if the next Psuedo isn't a Dragon type (So far we only have Metagross and Tyranitar), since i get a little tired that every Psuedo has to be a Dragon since gen 4.

I find it hard to believe that any of the pokemon player characters, especially the sm ones, are actually ten. Either that or they have a genetic disorder that makes them ridiculously tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom