• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
/vp/ - Some Gen 8 info - Pokémon - 4chan I founda this
If you scroll through the page you’ll see he claims to work on the game:
B6E3A22C-DF07-4808-91A0-3922CFD36D50.png
Yeah... that’s an automatic fake from me.
No one leaks something and say that they work on it unless they want to jeopardize their career.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you scroll through the page you’ll see he claims to work on the game: Yeah... that’s an automatic fake from me.
No one leaks something and say that they work on it unless they want to jeopardize their career.
I mean, how else can information get leaked unless someone worked there?

Intersting. What are your thoughts on this.
I say it's an entertaining thought at least. Whoever did seems like innocent fun, but then again it feels like maybe he plays it a bit too safe?

Again, an automatic fake because they claimed to have worked on the game. What's with these "leakers" saying they work on some part of the game? If they want their rumors to be more believable, they shouldn't mention their involvement with the game at all.

Again, an automatic fake because they claimed to have worked on the game. What's with these "leakers" saying they work on some part of the game? If they want their rumors to be more believable, they shouldn't mention their involvement with the game at all.
That...doesn't sound like that works to me. Then again that's just me

That...doesn't sound like that works to me. Then again that's just me
So, if someone was actually working on the game, and they revealed that they were leaking as an employee, that would almost certainly lead to them being fired, because they revealed both hints to their identity and that they were leaking company info. Whether or not people on the board believed them is irrelevant, because Game Freak would know, and that'd lead to them being fired.

Anyways, there's plenty of other stuff to mark this as fake:
  • They have themselves marked as Gen 8 Anon, despite generation being a fan term
  • They say they "don't know what the final evolutions for the starters are", but they also know about their signature Gigabilities? Why would they show off starter Gigabilities without using the final evos?
  • Evil team is "reverse", but has nothing to do with reversing anything in their goals? I know team names typically aren't about goals (Magma, Aqua, and Galactic are the exception, with Rocket, Plasma, Flare, and Skull being mostly unrelated), but they're all nouns for themes, not verbs for goals
  • Loaded with safe guesses. "A system similar to the PSS is in the game. Much easier access to other players online.", "Pokemon following is also returned.", "Customization has more additions, like suits and dresses, even pokemon costumes", "Another pokemon amie like feature"
  • "Sadly no luck finding out what plans they have for post game." Why???? They're implying that they work on release and graphics-both of those should involve some sort of knowledge about postgame. (release because postgame has to be finished, graphics because postgame might need new graphics)
  • Found a comment that described their position more specifically-"I'm actually a model designer but I help with the environments as well. Primarily model designing though." Surely new models would come into play for postgame characters-and how do they expect to keep their job if they get that specific?
  • They describe Pokemon just by visuals and typing-but not on the actual inspiration to the design.
  • The whole "people used to give up their Pokemon if they lost" thing just makes no sense. That just leaves everyone with less people to battle.

Last edited:
Region based off Italy, called Romo

Not big and vast like Zelda as many wanted, but surprisingly much bigger than you'd expect. Some should be happy.

Difficulty rises from Sun and Moon, and EXP share gives less exp to whole party.

Starters are a jaguar cub, a calf, and a platypus

Don't know about the final evolutions, but the water and grass starters become Dark and Poison, and I think I can see where the calf's going

Surprisingly they have much more story involvement if you have them in your party.

New legendaries. One resembles a bird of paradise and the other a gorilla.

They are Flying/Fairy and Rock/Ground

New battle mechanic. Gigabilities. Turns abilities into more powerful versions. Like a superpower

Starter will have their own variations. Blaze will power up fire type moves and will always inflict burn with contact moves. Overgrow boosts grass moves and induces paralysis. Torrent boosts water moves and cause whirlpool as a passive.

Gyms are actually not in this one per se, but another new take, colosseums.

Colosseums are more like tournaments, beat all the competing trainers to challenge the champion of that colosseum.

Each one has a theme and gimmick as well

Rival is not a jerk, but not friendly either. He's rather reclusive and silent . But does have some competitive spirit with you.

Evil team is Team Reverse. Team wants to bring back the tradition of giving up your pokemon to the winner if you lose.

A system similar to the PSS is in the game. Much easier access to other players online.

Pokemon following is also returned.

Customization has more additions, like suits and dresses, even pokemon costumes

Another pokemon amie like feature

Sadly no luck finding out what plans they have for post game.

Ultra wormholes do come back though, but only as a certain time of day.

That's all I got for now, but I say you guys are in for a treat.

Okay, here we go!

1- Well, kinda disappointing for me, but I guess it would be fine.
2- That sounds kinda suspicious, might have been the wording.
3- *gulp* Knowing how Sun and Moon were the first games that gave me problems, I'm kinda nervous.
4- Make the calf the Water or Grass starter and I'll be hap- *sees point below* Dammit!
5- *sigh* Another Water/Dark and Grass/Poison starters. I mean, those types have been only used once, but I would have liked new type combinations. Also, the way they said they knew where the bull line is going makes me feel we would be getting another Fire/Fighting.
6- Kinda like Pikachu/Eevee in Let's Go? If so, I would like that.
7- That sounds kinda vague.
8- Not excited about them.
9- Didn't someone suggest something like that in this thread?
10- So Water gets the short end of the stick *sigh*
11- Kinda like the Orre games?
12- Correction: It's a mix between the Orre games and Battle Revolution.
13- Reminds me of my childhood competing with my best friend in Pokémon. Except I was the rival doomed to lose every time.
14- Again?
15- Well, knowing how much people despised the Festival Plaza and wanted the PSS to come back, I can see this happening.
16- That seems like safe guess.
17- Hopefully, we'll get jackets back.
18- Another safe guess.
19- Well, at least is not one of those leakers that describe everything.
20- Isn't that how some of the Mirage Spots in ORAS worked?

It's weird that I feel like the guy that made this leak read or is reading this thread? Because most of these suggestions sound like things I have seen here. And the ones that aren't sound like like really safe guesses.

I don't think this is true.

So, if someone was actually working on the game, and they revealed that they were leaking as an employee, that would almost certainly lead to them being fired, because they revealed both hints to their identity and that they were leaking company info. Whether or not people on the board believed them is irrelevant, because Game Freak would know, and that'd lead to them being fired.

Anyways, there's plenty of other stuff to mark this as fake:
  • They have themselves marked as Gen 8 Anon, despite generation being a fan term
  • They say they "don't know what the final evolutions for the starters are", but they also know about their signature Gigabilities? Why would they show off starter Gigabilities without using the final evos?
  • Evil team is "reverse", but has nothing to do with reversing anything in their goals? I know team names typically aren't about goals (Magma, Aqua, and Galactic are the exception, with Rocket, Plasma, Flare, and Skull being mostly unrelated), but
  • Loaded with safe guesses. "A system similar to the PSS is in the game. Much easier access to other players online.", "Pokemon following is also returned.", "Customization has more additions, like suits and dresses, even pokemon costumes", "Another pokemon amie like feature"
  • "Sadly no luck finding out what plans they have for post game." Why???? They're implying that they work on release and graphics-both of those should involve some sort of knowledge about postgame. (release because postgame has to be finished, graphics because postgame might need new graphics)
  • Found a comment that described their position more specifically-"I'm actually a model designer but I help with the environments as well. Primarily model designing though." Surely new models would come into play for postgame characters-and how do they expect to keep their job if they get that specific?
  • They describe Pokemon just by visuals and typing-but not on the actual inspiration to the design.
  • The whole "people used to give up their Pokemon if they lost" thing just makes no sense. That just leaves everyone with less people to battle.
Hmm, you do have some fair points:

I mean I'm pretty sure game developers can use our slang as well. Especially if they're fans themselves

Don't know what's up with the starter thing.

I can see where the reverse comes from. Basically reversing how pokemon battle are to what they used to be.

That's what I meant earlier when I said it plays it a bit safe.

Maybe the post game has been fully developed yet?

Depends on what the post game is.

I don't remember much leaks that flat out describe the inspiration to a design.

I mean if they lose a pokemon I'm sure they just get new ones.

Haey, Let's not be so fast as to say it's fake. I for one am 50/50 about it.
Why not?
I can see where the reverse comes from. Basically reversing how pokemon battle are to what they used to be.
Shouldn't that be revert, then? "Everyone keeps their Pokemon" isn't quite the reverse of "loser gives up their Pokemon"-I think "winner gives up their Pokemon" would be the reverse.
Depends on what the post game is.
That's my point, though-if they're not being asked to model new characters, then they should at least know that there aren't new characters in the postgame.
I don't remember much leaks that flat out describe the inspiration to a design.
That's generally because we haven't had any reliable text-based leaks that describe Pokemon. The LGPE leaks didn't have any info on Meltan, the SuMo leaks were concept art, and the XY leaks were from a game copy. BW had some text-based leaks, but these were also accompanied by some visuals, and the person writing the descriptions wasn't one that worked on the game. The reason why I find the lack of inspiration bizarre is because they should know about the idea behind them as an employee. "Fire-type calf" is a guess that could come from anyone that believes in the zodiac theory, but the starters all have more to their design than just animal+type. And what about the legendaries? There's no mention of how they tie into the region or what their abilities are.

Yeah, but what I mean is, the whole thing has been mentioned in other 3 or 4 leaks after Piuk* mentioned something like that in his leaks. That's why I said it sounded really suspicious.

*I might be confusing him with other leakers.
Actually, it was Plus & Minus that mentioned something like that. It mentions the villainous team as a group of "alpha zealots" who essentially want to abolish the very concept of Pokemon Trainers, and go back to a time where people bonded with a single Pokemon.

1. Region based off Italy, called Romo

2. Not big and vast like Zelda as many wanted, but surprisingly much bigger than you'd expect. Some should be happy.

3. Difficulty rises from Sun and Moon, and EXP share gives less exp to whole party.

4. Starters are a jaguar cub, a calf, and a platypus

5. Don't know about the final evolutions, but the water and grass starters become Dark and Poison, and I think I can see where the calf's going

6. Surprisingly they have much more story involvement if you have them in your party.

7. New legendaries. One resembles a bird of paradise and the other a gorilla.

8. They are Flying/Fairy and Rock/Ground

9. New battle mechanic. Gigabilities. Turns abilities into more powerful versions. Like a superpower

10. Starter will have their own variations. Blaze will power up fire type moves and will always inflict burn with contact moves. Overgrow boosts grass moves and induces paralysis. Torrent boosts water moves and cause whirlpool as a passive.

11. Gyms are actually not in this one per se, but another new take, colosseums.

12. Colosseums are more like tournaments, beat all the competing trainers to challenge the champion of that colosseum.

13. Each one has a theme and gimmick as well

14. Rival is not a jerk, but not friendly either. He's rather reclusive and silent . But does have some competitive spirit with you.

15. Evil team is Team Reverse. Team wants to bring back the tradition of giving up your pokemon to the winner if you lose.

16. A system similar to the PSS is in the game. Much easier access to other players online.

17. Pokemon following is also returned.

18. Customization has more additions, like suits and dresses, even pokemon costumes

19. Another pokemon amie like feature

20. Sadly no luck finding out what plans they have for post game.

21. Ultra wormholes do come back though, but only as a certain time of day.

1. Eh... Rather have a Southern Hemisphere region. But it's fine.

2. Understandable since it's going to be on the Switch.

3. That's good. Sun and Moon was already a bit tough. Strange how they compare the difficulty to SM instead of USUM.

4. Eh... Nothing too exciting.

5. Water/Dark and Grass/Poison? Not a fan at all. Hopefully the fire starter gains a better second typing if this is true.

6. Basically, forcing the starter on us if we want the full experience. That would be terrible. Not everyone uses their starter.

7. Wonder what's the connection there. Such an odd pair. What would the third member even be?

8. Eh... Not a fan of Rock/Ground. Fighting/Ground would be better.

9. Logical if GF keeps on adding new battle mechanics every new generation.

10. Feels like the leaker tried to link status effects to the starter types and couldn't link one to water. So damage-effect Whirlpool was next best according to them.

11+12+13. Sounds like Gyms, but just tougher opponents.

14. Feels like they went for the middle ground here.

15. Eh... Doesn't really explain Team Reverse's overall goal. But it does sound like a way to rid Trainers of their Pokemon. So Plasma except battling?

16. Sounds like a passionate wish after the Festival Plaza. Here's to hoping.

17. Logical conclusion to make.

18. Hopefully this is true. But it is to be expected.

19. Why use Pokemon Amie for comparison and not Pokemon Refresh? Still a logical conclusion.

20. Not too wondered if this is true.

21. Didn't like the Mirage Islands in ORAS. So this wouldn't be fun at all.

Conclusion:
Quite a few logical conclusions and safe bets made. So a descent attempt. But the legendaries seem strange to me. Do like the part of expanding the customization options.

Actually, it was Plus & Minus that mentioned something like that. It mentions the villainous team as a group of "alpha zealots" who essentially want to abolish the very concept of Pokemon Trainers, and go back to a time where people bonded with a single Pokemon.
Thank you. However, the point still stands: other people have mentioned things like that in their leaks, which makes me suspicious. Knowing now that it was part of the Plus/Minus makes it even more doubtful.

EDIT:
So... did we just get another stupid fake leak?
Not exactly, this was playing too safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom