• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just a special version" doesn't really make sense when there's no other special version to compare it to. Yellow's a game that has most of the same elements as RGB with extra features added in-that's generally what's considered a third version.

Yellow was inspired by the anime, and even in English, it is classified as "Special Version", it is even on the cover of the game.

"Special Pikachu Edition"

Oh I just noticed this paragraph- Red and Green actually are opposite colors! Moreso than Red and Blue, even. They're complimentary colors because they're on opposite sides of the color wheel. (and Green isn't a primary color)

Oh, you're right, green is not a primary color.

Today, however, it is known that this rating is not the best to set the color blending. Since colors only exist as a function of light.

Today there is something that literally translating from my language into English would be something like "additive triad", which would be like the new primary colors, and are composed of red, blue and green tho

About red and green being considered opposite colors, I really didn't know. It's true, nice info.

Last edited:
Yellow was inspired by the anime, and even in English, it is classified as "Special Version", it is even on the cover of the game.

"Special Pikachu Edition"
What I'm saying is that there's no reason to consider a "special edition" as anything different from a third version, since Yellow is the only game referred to as a "special edition", and it has all of the features we associate with third versions.
Today, however, it is known that this rating is not the best to set the color blending. Since colors only exist as a function of light.
I think it's dependent on the situation-the paint color wheel isn't the best way to blend colors on screens, for example, but you kinda have to use it when blending physical colors together. (And then it gets even more weird with the primary colors of ink, used purely in printing)
Today there is something that literally translating from my language into English would be something like "additive triad", which would be like the new primary colors, and are composed of red, blue and green tho
I think that's what it's called in English, too!

Something I noticed: Shouldn't it be Harmo? I know that Harmony in Spanish can be written "armonía" but the alternate spelling "harmonía" looks more natural to me.
Armo makes me think of armor which is made of metal which links to Team Ivory's machines.

It's similar to Team Flare wanting a more beautiful world and Kalos meaning beauty.

Something I noticed: Shouldn't it be Harmo? I know that Harmony in Spanish can be written "armonía" but the alternate spelling "harmonía" looks more natural to me.

N confirmed as past character playing important role.

In turn, that confirms no Gen IV remakes in favor for Gen V remakes.

/joke mode off.

i could see them doing sharp and flat or bass alto soprano before melody and harmony but i could be wrong and/or this is probably a fake anyway.

https://i.********/vp/1541244799014.png

Oooo I know this is off topic for the one leak at hand, but check these out!

The eyes betray their status as fakes IMO.

Usually starter Pokemon have eyes that look a little bit more human, or they have teddy bear eyes instead.

Oh my gosh you are frustrating. I consider it too much NOW. It was fine when it came out but $45 for a USED and ridiculously outdated system is too much. Not a brand new game on a brand new system. They are totally DIFFERENT.
the only one frustrating here its you and you insist but people deal with you arguments or change your mindset or you can be burned here

the only one frustrating here its you and you insist but people deal with you arguments or change your mindset or you can be burned here

No one is burned alive here... The thread had been closed twice (?) for that issue apparently so the staff’s out there to prevent this.

Kudos to the moderators to maintain a thread with such strong opinions in a specially divisive time of the franchise!

I still find the idea of music hard to believe. Maybe it’s just cause it feels so overdone to me in some ways. A lot of games have a musical variant anymore. If they do this would we see a singing version of a contest hall I wonder?

Last edited:
They aren't, though. They've been described as more handheld-oriented than LGPE.

Let's see what Masuda said:

Being a traditional game comes at a cost if you want the home console feeling.

It's on a console that you can play on the go or hook up to your TV. If there's not some degree of console gameplay in these games they've completely missed the point of the Switch and why the fanbase is exciting about the series going console.

What you said doesn’t even really make sense, and quite frankly seeing as it was pages ago, none of your business. Let it go. I find it incredibly rude you would even try to bring up this topic again.

I still find the idea of music hard to believe. Maybe it’s just cause it feels so overdone to me in some ways. A lot of games have a musical variant anymore. If they do this would we see a singing version of a contest hall I wonder?
I could see a use for music but you really are right about it being overdone... Zelda's had a music component with the ocarina for years and I know it's far from being the only game to have that- heck, Guitar Hero among others. How could pokemon do it different from the "hit buttons in a (possibly timed) sequence" without making it hecking annoying to do? I'm pretty sure the potential music aspect of games has been thoroughly explored at this point that anything besides adding some more song-based moves would be overly tedious or unoriginal in a pokemon game.

What would be neat is if some sound-based moves could change the battle music. Maybe have a field effect? Like if Perish Song made the battle music into some eerie foreboding melody for the rest of the battle.

It's on a console that you can play on the go or hook up to your TV. If there's not some degree of console gameplay in these games they've completely missed the point of the Switch and why the fanbase is exciting about the series going console.
Wouldn't be the first time they completely missed a point, though, would it? XD

I keep seeing a scenario like the dancing we already have. Like you would play a flute or sing in time or something in order to activate a move of some kind.

Wouldn't be the first time they completely missed a point, though, would it? XD

Well yeah, but a lot of this is just common sense that a company like Game Freak should know about. There's a reason why console gaming has survived for decades and they should know what that reason is by now. And segregating the home console experience with the handheld experience just defies the entire core concept of the Switch, which is immediately obvious to everyone that sees it, which is to provide a gaming experience that can be both of those things at the player's whim. So naturally the games, especially the major, high selling releases that Pokemon are supposed to be, really need to provide both at the same time, not one or the other. This whole approach makes them look extremely incompetent and out of touch, even more so than they've ever demonstrated before.

Having musical themes doesn't mean it has to turn into a rhythm game or something. I mean, going off the Zelda example, yeah, some games have made you play an instrument (I love those games btw), but then there are others that don't. But look at, say, Breath of the Wild. The character Kass and the entirety of the Champion's Ballad is musical in nature. Do you have to play the accordion? No. But the lore being tied to music in such a way is a great method of thing music to a game without becoming guitar hero.

Maybe but I still think the whole musical theme is overdone. Even in Zelda BOW it’s a minor part to it not the basis for the entire story.

Having musical themes doesn't mean it has to turn into a rhythm game or something. I mean, going off the Zelda example, yeah, some games have made you play an instrument (I love those games btw), but then there are others that don't. But look at, say, Breath of the Wild. The character Kass and the entirety of the Champion's Ballad is musical in nature. Do you have to play the accordion? No. But the lore being tied to music in such a way is a great method of thing music to a game without becoming guitar hero.
Yeah, but this is more discussing it as a mechanic- the "Soul Songs" thing from the "leak." Lore is one thing, but as a mechanic, just what would we be looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom