• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that they would just make Flute themed O-power abilities (like the Rotom Powers), or something. Since the "leak" said that the soul songs could be used in and outside of battle, this is where my mind went. Since we've had things like the Eon flute before, maybe it would replace the ride pager too?

Yeah, but this is more discussing it as a mechanic- the "Soul Songs" thing from the "leak." Lore is one thing, but as a mechanic, just what would we be looking at?
Oh, I guess I must have skimmed over the "soul song" part. Yeah, in a Pokemon game, I feel like music as a tool would have to be done VERY well or it would just be annoying.

And @Jackalantyrn I think it's almost ironic, really. The Zelda games where you DO play an instrument don't have music as a basis for the story any more than BotW. It's always just a tool used by Link. Yes, the Ocarina of Time is IN the title of that game, but that game is more about the "time" aspect, and the Ocarina just happens to be the way you access that power.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but music in videogames is something I'm very passionate about and I'm all for more interactive/meaningful music in a game.

Zelda I find to be the only exception to be honest. I find it irritating in most games because of the reasons mentioned earlier. Where you march around and hit buttons in time and that’s it. At least in Zelda you basically memorize the pattern to play it. Otherwise, I always end up disliking the music aspect. I don’t know why i get hopeful for it anymore. I just don’t see it working very well. Other than being cringey like the Z-moves. Although the idea of hearing the pokemon try and sing along, because they would I’m sure, is highly amusing.

You know, if we do get some mechsnic that's music themed. I want a music editor. If you played waframe with Octavia, or ever even heard of Draglade you'll see what I'm getting at.

Oh, I guess I must have skimmed over the "soul song" part. Yeah, in a Pokemon game, I feel like music as a tool would have to be done VERY well or it would just be annoying.

And @Jackalantyrn I think it's almost ironic, really. The Zelda games where you DO play an instrument don't have music as a basis for the story any more than BotW. It's always just a tool used by Link. Yes, the Ocarina of Time is IN the title of that game, but that game is more about the "time" aspect, and the Ocarina just happens to be the way you access that power.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but music in videogames is something I'm very passionate about and I'm all for more interactive/meaningful music in a game.
I honestly don't mind the music aspect in Zelda- a lot of the melodies from Majora's Mask are still my favorites and I hum them from time to time. XD But yeah, for Pokemon- it would really have to be done well or it would just be an annoying mechanic.

Can you explain? I have never heard of those games.
These were the best vids I can get.

In these games you have an audio mixer that you can make your own tunes that can be used in battle. In Draglade you made the song your own personal combo, while in warframe, the effects of the abilities will always be the same no matter what song you make, but it's still your own customized music.

These were the best vids I can get.

In these games you have an audio mixer that you can make your own tunes that can be used in battle. In Draglade you made the song your own personal combo, while in warframe, the effects of the abilities will always be the same no matter what song you make, but it's still your own customized music.

Thanks. A sound mixer sounds good for the people that like it. I might not use it since I'm horrible at that, but it will be nice to hear the remixes in YouTube.

It was a thought since the majority of rivals tended to be male; Shauna, Bianca and Serena. We could use more female rivals.

Development is very important, as long its done well. I did not think that XY's and SuMo/USUM did well in terms of character development.

Edit: Urgh waifu material bleh.

I did not think that XY's and SuMo/USUM did well in terms of character development.
XY had bland rivals yeah, but Hau in USUM had a decent character growth. He went from “Yeah i’m totally cool with losing because it’s fuuuuun lalala” to wanting to improve to be a better trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom