• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a starter trio that includes the 4 elements (Earth, air, fire, and water).
I like the idea, but I personally feel like trying to fit 4 elements/themes into 3 Pokemon is a little cumbersome. I'd rather they do like a legendary quartet that encompasses that idea, as much as I don't like legendaries.

Besides, fire, water, and grass sort of already account for the fire, water, and Earth parts of it. And then, who gets air? Do we just tack flying on to one? Or try to distribute evenly?

How about:

Grass/Ground - Earth
Fire - Fire
Water/Flying - Water, Air

Or:
Grass/Flying - Air
Fire/Ground - Fire, Earth
Water - Water

I feel that Water and Air go well together. Or Fire and Earth.

Hmm what about...
Water -> Water
Grass/Ground -> Earth
Fire/Flying -> Fire and Air

or

Water/Flying
Grass/Ground
Fire/Electric

Hmm what about...
Water -> Water
Grass/Ground -> Earth
Fire/Flying -> Fire and Air

or

Water/Flying
Grass/Ground
Fire/Electric
If we ever get a Fire/Electric type, Heat-Rotom is Electric/Fire so different primary type, I always hope it'll be a cheetah that blitzes around while emitting sparks. These sparks then can cause quite a few fires. It'll also remain on four legs.

How about:

Grass/Ground - Earth
Fire - Fire
Water/Flying - Water, Air

Or:
Grass/Flying - Air
Fire/Ground - Fire, Earth
Water - Water

I feel that Water and Air go well together. Or Fire and Earth.
What about just Earth, Wind & Fire?

Well, if you count the Orre games, we already had a second Electric starter (Jolteon). Could be cool to get a third one (specially one that's actually useful).

I'm fine just as long as we get a non-Pika clone and non-Pikachu early game Electric-type, while Grubbin was the closest in this regard because of its evolutions, I want to be able to use a non-rodent Electric type early game.

I’m gonna make a prediction: the Grass Starter will be heavily associated with the female PC.

Now, while this is by no means a rule, I have noticed a pattern when it comes to Starters and the female PC.

Squirtle is associated with Leaf/Green, Chikorita is associated with Kris/Lyra, Torchic is associated with May. Piplup is associated with Dawn, Snivy is associated with Hilda/Rosa, Fennekin is associated with Serena, and Popplio is associated with Selene. It goes Water -> Grass -> Fire. Popplio was the beginning of the third chain, so I will assume that the Grass Starter will follow suit. The Fire Starter of Gen IX will then be associated with the female PC.

If we ever get there.

Wonder what would happen if one of the more recent generations gained control of nintendo.

As for the four elements/Starters, you could argue that Electric could sub in for Wind.

This would mean that Kanto actually had the Four Elements covered with Bulbasaur (Earth,) Charmander (Fire,) Squirtle (Water,) and Pikachu (Wind.) As of LGPE, we can even add Eevee as Aether/Void/Nothingness, if we really wanted to stretch the association.

A thought: would the game having optional activities of strong difficulty for high reward be possible?

For example having to go through a forest without healing items giving you access to wild Stantler for the first Gym you encounter and beyond, with the first gym being one that would make such such a endeavor worth the effort due to difficulty.

Its gen 7 (Lets Go is gen 7 game) and i doubt we have Go connectivity in gen 8, since they already confirmed its for the hardcore fans.
yep meltan is gen 7 its dex number is 808 and its evolution Melmetal is dex number 809 the pokemon company recently confirmed it even check serebii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom