• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you feel about hyper realistic Pokemon in gen 8?

Like this:
Dr0W4KCWkAA3Rp0

No, thank you. That's straight up nightmare material.

> Alolan Marowak doesn't get Shadow Bone.

That moment when you're favourite Alola form gets the short end of the bone.

> Arcanine gets Play Rough.

Another good move added to the pool. Now all that's left is a Mega Evolution.
I feel this.
I know its not the best, but there's no Dragon Hammer Alolan Exeggutor either.

Ugh, the hyper realistic looks like nightmare stuffed animals come to life. Freaks me out. Like why make them creepy fluffy instead of just fluffy? And not all pokemon are fluffy. That charizard just looks wrong. I vote a biiiiig no on hyper realistic for the game unless they can actually make them fit in better...nope still don’t really want it.

Ugh, the hyper realistic looks like nightmare stuffed animals come to life. Freaks me out. Like why make them creepy fluffy instead of just fluffy? And not all pokemon are fluffy. That charizard just looks wrong. I vote a biiiiig no on hyper realistic for the game unless they can actually make them fit in better...nope still don’t really want it.
The charizard isn't fluffy. Those are scales. I think.

Interesting enough, if I'm not mistaken, they mention Sinnoh in the new Pikachu's live action trailer, don't they?

And Ryme City (the city where the game is played and where the movie will go) is inspired by London, right?

And I found this in Bulbapedia's page about Ryme City: "Although its location relative to other regions is unknown, the mention of Pokémon Trainers, Pokémon Rangers, Pokémon Contests, and the Alola region indicate that it is located in the same world as the core series games".

Many people think that the next region could be inspired by England, and that later we would have the remakes of Sinnoh.

Knowing the form of marketing of the TPC, what would be the chances of them being promoting two things in a single shot with this live action in 2019?

The only thing I find unlikely about all this is that from what I sought on Detective Pikachu's staff, no significant member of Game Freak had any relevant participation in the game. Unless they have previously telled to Detective Pikachu's staff about which region the next core games would be inspired, what I still think is a bit unlikely, but interesting enough to think about.

Stuff is advertised through movies all the time, they either show a product or tease of what's going to come. I'm almost certain a Sinnoh remake is coming in Gen 8. Otherwise, it would've been such a random pick considering the movie was being produced during the time that Kanto was receiving the most attention.

I would like to see NPCs behave less like robots and more like actual people. After you talk to one, they just stand there or walk around a bit or just sit there saying the same bit of dialogue every time.

It's fun to explore the first time, but after it becomes tedious and dull.

Stuff is advertised through movies all the time, they either show a product or tease of what's going to come. I'm almost certain a Sinnoh remake is coming in Gen 8. Otherwise, it would've been such a random pick considering the movie was being produced during the time that Kanto was receiving the most attention.
You do know that Gen 4 is coming to GO.

Breeding is already confirmed not to be a thing and i doubt tutors are in the game at all, because of some tutor moves being TM's.
Ah, thanks for the info. Haven't really followed the Let's Go news at all.

Guess it's more for competitive then.

You do know that Gen 4 is coming to GO.
Yeah, but considering the movie has reached trailer status recently, I highly doubt that Gen 4 was receiving attention at the time of production of the movie. While they could've been told to show a Gen 4 game in the movie, I highly doubt even the directors knew that Gen 4 would receive attention in the future. This is more likely a more recent addition to the movie to help push Sinnoh to the general public.

A single reference is not a lot of attention, and Go is just going through the motions. I believe that there aren't even any Sinnoh Pokemon in the trailer.

Also, Rhyme City is based on Boston. It has London elements because of Sherlock Holmes and the like.

The new Detective Pikachu movie looks very strange:

If the games looked more like this, I would cringe. But luckily this is only for Detective Pikachu, I hope.
Well, they are called Pocket Monsters for a reason: chances are that a majority pf Pokémon wouldn't be the most pleasant things to look at in real life. That being said, I do think Psyduck looks a little too furry for a duck.

Yay! The cutscene skipping is optional! Now I don't have to worry about pressing Start(?) by mistake!

On topic: I feel that Jigglypuff is going to stab me once I fall asleep. Thank for the nightmares, Hollywood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom