• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the introduction of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, and wow...I think it must be amazing to watch it on the TV.

That introductory scene with the professor...that music...gave me a little taste of the 8th generation.

I already said here, but I think Game Freak is an incredible developer.

Game Freak has always been very creative...and now, they will have many new aspects to use (more hardware power, larger screens ie TV, etc.). I can't wait to see what kind of experiences they can give us in the next generations.

Last edited:
I just watched the introduction of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, and wow...I think it should be amazing to watch it on the TV.

That introductory scene with the professor...that music...gave me a little taste of the 8th generation.

I already said here, but I think Game Freak is an incredible developer.

Game Freak has always been very creative...and now, they will have many new aspects to use (more hardware power, larger screens ie TV, etc.). I can't wait to see what kind of experiences they can give us in the next generations.
This is kinda comfirming my "LGPE is an experiment" theory. I guess they will use the feedback on the game to see which features to keep for Gen VIII. Hopefully, walking Pokémon, skippable cutscenes, a character that actually shows emotion and bright-but-not-pale graphics stay.

This is kinda comfirming my "LGPE is an experiment" theory. I guess they will use the feedback on the game to see which features to keep for Gen VIII. Hopefully, walking Pokémon, skippable cutscenes, a character that actually shows emotion and bright-but-not-pale graphics stay.

Oh yeah, they sure will hear the feedback about it, I think so too.

I still don't have the game tho, I have not watched it on TV yet (I think may be I should have used the word "must" there (?), I don't know if it was clear).

Still, I watched the introduction on youtube, and found it incredible.

The way they use the screen's movements, the Eeevee running from side to side. It seems they really are aware of how much they can increase the immersion now, in a home console game.

So that made me even more excited to see how it could be next generations. How they will use the new aspects they have, and what kind of experiences they can offer with it.

Like, there are probably things they would like to have done before but the hardware or something else would not allow, so they can do it now.

Last edited:
There's an intro on youtube already? It is still there? Kinda wanna see for myself!

I have to be honest, even though it's just the same thought I had since the beginning, I'm more excited for this game to get out of the way to make way for the actual Gen 8 stuff. Also, I don't trust most popular reviewers since those are usually paid or are given early copies of a game by the company of the game they are reviewing. IGN being the most untrustworthy when it comes to reviews.

Also, I don't trust most popular reviewers since those are usually paid or are given early copies of a game by the company of the game they are reviewing.
Meh, it's not the compensation but the time pressure that really effects* the tone of a review. Like the difference between microwaving something vs. cooking it in an oven, it gets the job done faster but certain things just can't be done the same.

that was not a typo.

So, a pic in Let's Go was found in someone's house that show what seems to be a new country
https://i.********/vp/1542215200789.png
Some pointed out that it looks like Great Britain and Ireland
map_Great_Britain.jpg

Think this may be a hint?

I'd certainly say it's possible? But I wouldn't say it's anything concrete.

You could argue that the other island is in the wrong place for it to be the UK, but remember that they rotated the Japanese isle of Kyushu to make Hoenn.
And, they cut Hawaii down to just 4 islands to create Alola.

Wouldn't the bahamans look too...Alola-ish?
Normally yes. But it seems the new possible region is only based on Andros Island and New Providence Island. So only a part of the Bahamas would be used and not multiple islands which would make it too Alolan-like.

Normally yes. But it seems the new possible region is only based on Andros Island and New Providence Island. So only a part of the Bahamas would be used and not multiple islands which would make it too Alolan-like.
I think he means that they would be too similar in the sense that they’re both tropical, not in the sense of being an archipelago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom