• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, this is a good question:

If the special Pikachu and Eevee are the only ones with HMs moves (the Secret Techniques) in LGPE, how do will we be able to transfer them into the eighth generation games? (without messing with our LGPE save)
According to Serebii, the partner Pikachu and Eevee can't be traded, so I am also assuming that their special moves and Secret Techniques are going to stay in LGPE where they belong >.>

Looking forward to no Baddy Bad in Gen 8.

I hope no ridiculously named moves from Let's Go make it into Gen 8. Bouncy Bubbles? What is this, Blobblobber from Splatoon 2 as a Pokemon move?
Considering all of the stupidly-named moves are exclusive to the untradeable partners, I think it's probably safe to assume that they won't be available in Gen 8. XD Otherwise, any old Pikachu or Eevee should be able to learn them.

According to Serebii, the partner Pikachu and Eevee can't be traded, so I am also assuming that their special moves and Secret Techniques are going to stay in LGPE where they belong >.>

I heard something different: You can trade them (Without the special moves) and they just become Normal Pikachu in the game.

Well, to those wondering if the other translations has less silly names, let me tell you something about the Spanish translation:

-For Pikachu's moves: They added "pika" somewhere in their names. Ex: Pikaturbo, Salpikasurf, etc.
-For Eevee's moves: They added references to their evolutions. Ex: Vapodrenaje (Vapodrain), Joltioparálisis (Jolteoparalysis), Flarembestida (Flaretackle), etc.

On one had, Pikachu's moves sound annoying in my opinion (might be due to my anti-Pikachu bias), but Eevee's moves are in my opinion a complete improvement, to the point I feel weird that a Spanish translation got something better than the English one. As long as they don't add Spaniard slang like past translations I guess I'll play the game in Spanish.

Here's all the new mascot moves:
Baddy Bad (Dark type, Special)
Bouncy Bubble (Water type, Special)
Buzzy Buzz (Electric type, Special)
Freezy Frost (Ice type, Special)
Glitzy Glow (Psychic type, Special)
Sappy Seed (Grass type, Physical)
Sizzly Slide (Fire type, Physical)
Sparkly Swirl (Fairy type, Special)
Veevee Volley (Normal type, Physical)

Floaty Fall (Flying type, Physical)
Pika Papow (Electric type, Special)
Splishy Splash (Water type, Special)
Zippy Zap (Electric type, Physical)

Some of these moves are quite powerful despite the names.

Here's all the new mascot moves:
Baddy Bad (Dark type, Special)
Bouncy Bubble (Water type, Special)
Buzzy Buzz (Electric type, Special)
Freezy Frost (Ice type, Special)
Glitzy Glow (Psychic type, Special)
Sappy Seed (Grass type, Physical)
Sizzly Slide (Fire type, Physical)
Sparkly Swirl (Fairy type, Special)
Veevee Volley (Normal type, Physical)

Floaty Fall (Flying type, Physical)
Pika Papow (Electric type, Special)
Splishy Splash (Water type, Special)
Zippy Zap (Electric type, Physical)

Some of these moves are quite powerful despite the names.
Although, I still think that the names are bad. They sound like toddler speak.

I liked Freezy Frost, its visual effect is nice...Anyway, I don't care about these movements about the eighth generation. But I really hope they find a way to transfer the special Pikachu and Eevee to the next games.

Also, look:

M4e03pp.png

There it is again. It's at Lavender Volunteer Pokémon House this time.

Edit
That image isn't mine tho, so ignore the markup in the NPC dialog about Fuji.

Edit 2
Ok, I cropped it.

Last edited:
so I am also assuming that their special moves and Secret Techniques are going to stay in LGPE where they belong >.>

Aww, I'm kinda bummed about that. As baddy bad as the names were, they still added some really useful (if a bit OP) moves. And some firsts, too, if I'm not mistaken-first Water attack to paralyze, first Water attack to steal HP, plus all the firsts that came from combining effects. (first increased priority+guaranteed crit, etc) I was kinda hoping they'd be brought up and renamed with something goody good. We could have Mean Streak for Baddy Bad (not really tied to having a barrier up, but neither is "baddy bad"), Sky Dive for Floaty Fall, and Shock Splash for Splishy Splash. (Honestly, most of the Eevee names don't sound too bad to me. -y adjectives aren't that annoying, it's just when they repeat the next word, like Baddy Bad or Splishy Splash. Though I also don't get why they named some moves gentler than their description-a floaty fall is not the same as "diving at a steep angle", and a splishy splash is a lot gentler than throwing an electrically-charged wave at someone.)

(Seriously how did they ever think "baddy bad" was a good name for a move. Regardless of your thoughts on cutesy speak in move names, you can't just name a move "bad". The move description just says it "acts bad". )

Aww, I'm kinda bummed about that. As baddy bad as the names were, they still added some really useful (if a bit OP) moves. And some firsts, too, if I'm not mistaken-first Water attack to paralyze, first Water attack to steal HP, plus all the firsts that came from combining effects. (first increased priority+guaranteed crit, etc) I was kinda hoping they'd be brought up and renamed with something goody good. We could have Mean Streak for Baddy Bad (not really tied to having a barrier up, but neither is "baddy bad"), Sky Dive for Floaty Fall, and Shock Splash for Splishy Splash. (Honestly, most of the Eevee names don't sound too bad to me. -y adjectives aren't that annoying, it's just when they repeat the next word, like Baddy Bad or Splishy Splash. Though I also don't get why they named some moves gentler than their description-a floaty fall is not the same as "diving at a steep angle", and a splishy splash is a lot gentler than throwing an electrically-charged wave at someone.)

(Seriously how did they ever think "baddy bad" was a good name for a move. Regardless of your thoughts on cutesy speak in move names, you can't just name a move "bad". The move description just says it "acts bad". )
At the very least they could have named it evily evil, since dark types in japan are evil types and not bad types.

I really like Mean Streak as a move name- even if it isn't a rename of Baddy Bad, I would not be opposed to getting a move named Mean Streak in Gen 8.

Well, to those wondering if the other translations has less silly names, let me tell you something about the Spanish translation:

-For Pikachu's moves: They added "pika" somewhere in their names. Ex: Pikaturbo, Salpikasurf, etc.
-For Eevee's moves: They added references to their evolutions. Ex: Vapodrenaje (Vapodrain), Joltioparálisis (Jolteoparalysis), Flarembestida (Flaretackle), etc.

On one had, Pikachu's moves sound annoying in my opinion (might be due to my anti-Pikachu bias), but Eevee's moves are in my opinion a complete improvement, to the point I feel weird that a Spanish translation got something better than the English one. As long as they don't add Spaniard slang like past translations I guess I'll play the game in Spanish.

and without know anything about the spanish translation i knew it the moves about eevee are based of his evolutions

i m gona be honest spanish translations about moves fits perfecly

I already came up with much better names for the moves than they did

Zippy Zap - Shock Spark
Floaty Fall - Sky Dive
Splishy Splash - Surf Up
Sizzly Slide - Flare Rush
Buzzy Buzz - Static Jolt
Bouncy Bubble - Vapor Bubble
Glitzy Glow - Esper Shine
Baddy Bad - Umbra Wave
Sappy Seed - Leaf Sprout
Freezy Frost - Glacial Freeze
Sparkly Swirl - Sylvan Wind
Pika Papow - Pikabolt
Veevee Volley - Stays the same, I like that one.

What's with these maps?

Some people think it may be a reference to the eighth generation.

There is another place in the game where the same map was found in a LGPE's stream days ago.

Now that I have discovered that it also appears in Lavender, I am even more skeptical about it than before. I mean, the fact that the calendar with the map appears again means that may be it is just a common texture they made for the game. If it had been something special, and unique to a game place, I think it might had been some hint, but being just a common texture, I'm not so sure about.

On the discussion about the special moves, I think there is a chance of Eevee and Pikachu being distributed with these movements in later generations (like they distributed Pikachu with Surf and Fly before).

But I very much doubt the names of the attacks would change. As much as I want it to happen, I don't think they would do that. The moves would lose their identities.

Edit
(want*...Eevee and Pikachu*....)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom