• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH LGPE hasn't even arrived at my house yet and i'm already ready for Gen 8. How are these games suppose to ride us over for a year?

Maaan, I really hope they announce Gen 8 soon. Also, LGPE's marketing this entire year was FUCKING STUPID so I really hope they go back to the Gen 5, 6 and 7 ways of releasing info.

Some people think it may be a reference to the eighth generation.

There is another place in the game where the same map was found in a LGPE's stream days ago.

Now that I have discovered that it also appears in Lavender, I am even more skeptical about it than before. I mean, the fact that the calendar with the map appears again means that may be it is just a common texture they made for the game. If it had been something special, and unique to a game place, I think it might have been some hint, but being just a common texture, I'm not so sure about.

On the discussion about the special moves, I think there is a chance of Eevee and Pikachu being distributed with these movements in later generations (like they distributed Pikachu with Surf and Fly before).

But I very much doubt the names of the attacks would change. As much as I want it to happen, I don't think they would do that. The moves would lose their identities.

Edit
(want*...Eevee and Pikachu*....)

I am reeeally doubting that those moves will carry over to later generations- it's not the same as Flying or Surfing Pikachu, where Fly and Surf were common moves learnable by other pokemon, these special moves are unique only to LGPE's starters.

already came up with much better names for the moves than they did

Zippy Zap - Shock Spark
Floaty Fall - Sky Dive
Splishy Splash - Surf Up
Sizzly Slide - Flare Rush
Buzzy Buzz - Static Jolt
Bouncy Bubble - Vapor Bubble
Glitzy Glow - Esper Shine
Baddy Bad - Umbra Wave
Sappy Seed - Leaf Sprout
Freezy Frost - Glacial Freeze
Sparkly Swirl - Sylvan Wind
Pika Papow - Pikabolt
Veevee Volley - Stays the same, I like that one.

You should know that most of the moves GF came up with display alliteration, a poetic technique (= when two or more words start with the same letter). That's why the names you came up - of which none but Shock Spark displays alliteration - sound way better. If you were to come up with alternatives that respect this technique yourself, your time-consumption would grow exponentially.

But yeah, the bottom line is that GF USA couldn't have done any worse… They have literally made me question the effectiveness of this literary notion.

I don't think it'd be too hard to make alliterative names that didn't sound silly. Sapping Seed, Frigid Frostbite, Wild Wave, Sky Strike, Scorching Slide, Red-Hot Rush-there's plenty of options that could work.

The translators who work with GF USA have 0IVs when it comes to literary instincts. The worst part is that they seem to have 0EVs on it as well...

Coming up with alliteration for Eevee with 0EV is disgraceful.

Lance stands out the most to me in this game as he looks nothing like he should. He's just not stoic looking enough.

The new Eevee-move names make the Z-move names look like literary genius by comparison. In the z-move corner, you have "SUBZERO SLAMMER" and in the Eevee corner you have "♫~Freezy Frost~♫" :) Adding a "y" to end of something makes it sound cute right? Most of the names sound better when you drop the "y" pattern : Zip Zap; Sap Seed; Splish Splash;

OH wait. I think I know why the did this. It's suppose to incorporate the last sound of Eevee's name in all the attacks: Zipee Zap; Sapee Seed; Splishee Splash, etc. Ooff.

Edit: The names are confusing me. I think Zippy Zap is a pikachu attack. Maybe there is no reason.

Last edited:
I don't know how they could fix Pikachu's moves, but at least with Eevee they could do what they did in Spain and turn them into Eeveelution references. Here's more or less how they would sound in English: Vapodrain, Jolteoparalysis, Flaretackle, Espeglow, Umbreozone, Leafitebombs, Glaceoprism, Sylveotornado and Eeveempact. Of course, someone else could make them sound better, but at least it's not Baddy Bad.

I don't know how they could fix Pikachu's moves, but at least with Eevee they could do what they did in Spain and turn them into Eeveelution references. Here's more or less how they would sound in English: Vapodrain, Jolteoparalysis, Flaretackle, Espeglow, Umbreozone, Leafitebombs, Glaceoprism, Sylveotornado and Eeveempact. Of course, someone else could make them sound better, but at least it's not Baddy Bad.
This is one of those few times the Spanish version is actually better than the English version.

OH wait. I think I know why the did this. It's suppose to incorporate the last sound of Eevee's name in all the attacks: Zipee Zap; Sapee Seed; Splishee Splash, etc. Ooff.

Edit: The names are confusing me. I think Zippy Zap is a pikachu attack. Maybe there is no reason.
Yeah, Zippy Zap and Splishy Splash are both Pikachu's.

Maybe the move names are so Baddy Bad so we won't missy miss them when they're goney gone.
Which is kind of sad, since they are kind of decent. All of Eevee's moves have 90 power, and each one has a nice effect.

Vapodrain* is a better Giga Drain, Jolteostun always paralyses the opponent, Flaretackle does the same with burn, Espeoglow and Umbreozone apply Light Screen and Reflect respectively, Glaceoprism removes the opponent's stat modifiers, Leafitebombs afflicts the opponent with Leech Seed, and Sylveotornado is a free Full Heal.

Only Eeveempact is meh, since it's a worse Return but I guess not everyone can be a winner.

*I will use my own names for those moves.

EDIT: Forgot that they all have 15PP, which is nice in my opinion.

Ok, so no as far as I can tell you cannot transfer the partner pokemon. The attacks they have, while the names suck, are broken. Literally my eevee has beaten every opponent in one move, and she is the same level, or one or two higher depending. I also find that when playing the actual go mechanic is fantastic. Every pokemon you catch you get exp, and they evolve regularly. If you are lucky enough to get a specific candy it ups that pokemons entire stats. It makes leveling up much less tedious. I have never made it this far into a pokemon this fast, because I get irritated with training. This flows so well, and the overworld view is awesome as well. I can avoid pokemon if I choose, chain them to shiny hunt, and shiny’s appear on the screen. I don’t have to click and hope. All in all I find this game a surprising success personally. As for oping the game with a perfect dragonite. It’s not that easy. You can’t access go park until you reach Fuschia town.
Kinda sucks you can't transfer them. Imagine is partner Eevee and Pikachu were able to use their z-moves. Evoboost Eevee actually would be a monster.

It kind of has that actually after a certain time you can use a boost for both your partner or any of your pokemon and it increases all stats

Sort of like that yeah, and yes it is pretty broken, but I rarely use it cause I would rather just fight then wait a turn.

Okay, so Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee have toddler move names. And now that Meltan and Melmetal have been added at the end of the current Pokédex as 808 and 809, does that make them Alola Pokémon? But they aren't obtainable in Alola. Though, 5 new Pokémon were added in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, could Meltan and Melmetal be the same case as Poipole to Zeroara? Or are they next-gen Pokémon released early like Togepi and Munchlax and happen to precede their region's starters like Victini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom