• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, instead of having an app for the Switch, maybe a post-game lab can let you access your Pokémon Bank account to transfer Pokémon from the Bank to your game.

You know, instead of having an app for the Switch, maybe a post-game lab can let you access your Pokémon Bank account to transfer Pokémon from the Bank to your game.
That wouldn't work. If something goes wrong with the switch and you have poke bank, you still have your pokemon cause it's a cloud. But if the pokemon are in your game and something goes wrong, bye bye pokemon.

Well, for a villain team, how about they do what they did with Hoenn and give us two opposing teams? One can be Team Order who consists of heterosexual white men who believes the changing laws and granting the women and minorities equal rights would lead to chaos while Team Freedom consists of people other than white men (mostly black lesbian women) who have the exact opposite ideas and want to liberate the minorities from the white men and fight for their "equal rights" while bullying the whites and males, and trying to seduce people "out of the closet." Team Order can use mostly Fighting and Steel types while Team Freedom can use Dark and Fairy types. Oh, and all Pokémon from both teams know Attract, and while Team Order would use the move properly, Team Freedom would spam the move on Pokémon it wouldn't affect because they are LGBT feminist extremists who don't understand why Pokémon of the same gender can't love. A Grunt could break the fourth wall to accuse the programmers of homophobia. And there can be an event where Team Freedom attacks the Day-Care because so many members are angry that their Pokémon can't breed and wouldn't accept the reason that "they are all female." And Team Order can attack a ghetto. Because of the bigotry between both teams, the gender and skin tone of your avatar affects the evil teams' attitude towards you. Lighter skin boys are respected by Team Order and hated by Team Freedom while dark skin girls are loved by Team Freedom and hated by Team Order. But no matter what you look like, your player would never join either side because of their extremist attitudes.

But the likelyhood of GameFreak coming up with this idea? Not likely. The two teams that are left-wing and right-wing extremists can offend everybody to the point of the games getting banned and the theme of homosexuality is more points than a heterosexual relationship so it may be hard to keep the E rating when LGBT relationships are involved, especially when they offend the LGBT community. I hope I don't get warning points for this? Jeez, I'm sorry guys! I don't want to offend people, I'm just thinking of ideas for the villain team for Generation 8. I'm NOT on the side of Team Order, okay? It's just the gender programming from Generation 2.
No... just... no.

Well, for a villain team, how about they do what they did with Hoenn and give us two opposing teams? One can be Team Order who consists of heterosexual white men who believes the changing laws and granting the women and minorities equal rights would lead to chaos while Team Freedom consists of people other than white men (mostly black lesbian women) who have the exact opposite ideas and want to liberate the minorities from the white men and fight for their "equal rights" while bullying the whites and males, and trying to seduce people "out of the closet." Team Order can use mostly Fighting and Steel types while Team Freedom can use Dark and Fairy types. Oh, and all Pokémon from both teams know Attract, and while Team Order would use the move properly, Team Freedom would spam the move on Pokémon it wouldn't affect because they are LGBT feminist extremists who don't understand why Pokémon of the same gender can't love. A Grunt could break the fourth wall to accuse the programmers of homophobia. And there can be an event where Team Freedom attacks the Day-Care because so many members are angry that their Pokémon can't breed and wouldn't accept the reason that "they are all female." And Team Order can attack a ghetto. Because of the bigotry between both teams, the gender and skin tone of your avatar affects the evil teams' attitude towards you. Lighter skin boys are respected by Team Order and hated by Team Freedom while dark skin girls are loved by Team Freedom and hated by Team Order. But no matter what you look like, your player would never join either side because of their extremist attitudes.

But the likelyhood of GameFreak coming up with this idea? Not likely. The two teams that are left-wing and right-wing extremists can offend everybody to the point of the games getting banned and the theme of homosexuality is more points than a heterosexual relationship so it may be hard to keep the E rating when LGBT relationships are involved, especially when they offend the LGBT community. I hope I don't get warning points for this? Jeez, I'm sorry guys! I don't want to offend people, I'm just thinking of ideas for the villain team for Generation 8. I'm NOT on the side of Team Order, okay? It's just the gender programming from Generation 2.
Please explain what you are smoking.

Of course. American politics don't work that well in a Japanese game... Of course they can't have sensitive issues in an E rated game. I'm sorry, I guess this is not the place for that idea is it?

Of course. American politics don't work that well in a Japanese game... Of course they can't have sensitive issues in an E rated game. I'm sorry, I guess this is not the place for that idea is it?
No, not really. Probably shpuld have taken a moment to read your post before posting. That's what I do. Or, at least, try to do.

It's not just American politics, it's that an idea like that would be so horribly preachy that instead of making people agree with it, it would turn them against it.

For example, I'm neutral towards the whole LGBT cause since they don't affect me in any way and I think people can do whatever they want as long as they don't harm others. If I played a game like that when I was a kid, I would find it so preachy to the point I could have ended up as an homophobe and I would leave the fandom at once.

This is the same reason why I hate both fundamentalists and militant atheists and why their propaganda actually have the opposite effect on me.

Can we change topic before this turns into a mess, please?

EDIT: Re-reading this, I feel like I had a lot of pent-up frustration there. My bad.

Last edited:
Considering LGBT stuff started the most heated argument in Inkopolis Square from Splatoon 2, it would be an extremely bad idea to make it into a plot for a Pokemon game as that alone would cause heated arguments between Pokemon fans (as if they don't already). Basically, let's just keep it at arguments about the games themselves and not let it evolve into one about real world issues.

At a very symbolic level I always viewed Aqua and Magma as sort of a parable for finding balance in all things; especially political views. From the first time I played Ruby and Sapphire, I always thought that they were suppose to represent extreme ends of opposing political parties. This is as far as a Pokemon game should go and I don't think we need to do something like this again. I'd much rather have a game that does away with the "team" idea for once and have a single villain who is very fleshed out and complex. I'd like to really get to know the villain for once. And if I'm really lucky, I'll get the villain plot twist I've always wanted. I'm a sucker for those.

And if I'm really lucky, I'll get the villain plot twist I've always wanted. I'm a sucker for those.
Well, as long as it's not a Disney or a M. Night Shymalan style twist, I could see it as something interesting. I specially like them when they leave small clues and then when you replay the game you are like "oh, so that's what they mean at that part".

A good example in my opinion is The World Ends with You. The intro spoils the whole game, but you won't realize it until you replay the game and pay attention. Man, now I want to get a Switch and play that game again.

Well, as long as it's not a Disney or a M. Night Shymalan style twist, I could see it as something interesting. I specially like them when they leave small clues and then when you replay the game you are like "oh, so that's what they mean at that part".

For reference my two favorite twists are in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I like these better than the reverse that Disney usually tries to pull.

I didn't know that The World Ends with You had a villain twist. I might actually have to play that game now.

Considering LGBT stuff started the most heated argument in Inkopolis Square from Splatoon 2, it would be an extremely bad idea to make it into a plot for a Pokemon game as that alone would cause heated arguments between Pokemon fans (as if they don't already). Basically, let's just keep it at arguments about the games themselves and not let it evolve into one about real world issues.
Yeah. It's best to keep real world issues out of Pokemon.

Arguments? All I saw on Splatoon were people posting about being LGBT (usually just something small like "I'm gay and I love my boyfriend" or "Shoutout to the trans squids out there"), and people berating them for posting it. That's not arguing, that's harassment. True, it's a negative reaction, and true, it's a real world issue, but that's no reason to avoid including LGBT people altogether. Racism is a real world issue-the KKK has even made political endorsements recently-but that's not stopping Game Freak from including people of different races in Pokemon. "These people exist and deserve respect" shouldn't be a controversial statement.

It's not just American politics, it's that an idea like that would be so horribly preachy that instead of making people agree with it, it would turn them against it.

For example, I'm neutral towards the whole LGBT cause since they don't affect me in any way and I think people can do whatever they want as long as they don't harm others. If I played a game like that when I was a kid, I would find it so preachy to the point I could have ended up as an homophobe and I would leave the fandom at once.

This is the same reason why I hate both fundamentalists and militant atheists and why their propaganda actually have the opposite effect on me.

Can we change topic before this turns into a mess, please?

EDIT: Re-reading this, I feel like I had a lot of pent-up frustration there. My bad.
Honestly, that kind of game wouldn't even make it into a kid's hands- censorship would stop it, and if it didn't... the public backlash would be huge. Making a game so obviously about a controversial issue for kids would raise so many red flags that if it even made it into production, I would be concerned.

But there's no way pokemon would make such a ridiculously pointedly sociopolitical plot anyway, so I think we're all safe.

Yes, but it's better to do it in a... subtler way than what was suggested earlier. If it was front and center and going "don't hate gay people" all the time it would be annoying.
I'm not arguing that Sean's suggestion was a good idea, I'm arguing against the idea that LGBT people should be avoided by games because they're "too controversial".

That wouldn't work. If something goes wrong with the switch and you have poke bank, you still have your pokemon cause it's a cloud. But if the pokemon are in your game and something goes wrong, bye bye pokemon.

Actually I think this suggestion isn't too terrible- though there is an issue considering that you have to pay for Bank. But that hangup aside, to have a system within the game to send your pokemon to and from a cloud server would be like having Bank without having to have the separate app. You would just need some sort of login to access your collection from different games/platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom