• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or even a more ridiculous one, Nidorina or Nidoqueen can't breed at all, they should at least be in the same Egg Group as Nidorino and Nidoking. It really bothers me that a female Nidoran can breed with a Nidoking but her final evolved form can't.

Or even a more ridiculous one, Nidorina or Nidoqueen can't breed at all, they should at least be in the same Egg Group as Nidorino and Nidoking. It really bothers me that a female Nidoran can breed with a Nidoking but her final evolved form can't.
Doesn't help that: a) They could have fixed it anytime but refuse/are too lazy to do it and b) it makes the Nidoking line look like creeps.

thinking back to how wild the rumor season and lead up to LGPE's announcements earlier this year was, I'm already slowly getting excited and I wonder when the rumor season for gen 8 will come into full swing. Even as early as like november last year, it felt like people were significantly interested in what 2018 would bring + we still had rumors popping up around then. By the time the new year rolled around, people were practically foaming at the mouth for information. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for some substantial rumor/leak or something

thinking back to how wild the rumor season and lead up to LGPE's announcements earlier this year was, I'm already slowly getting excited and I wonder when the rumor season for gen 8 will come into full swing. Even as early as like november last year, it felt like people were significantly interested in what 2018 would bring + we still had rumors popping up around then. By the time the new year rolled around, people were practically foaming at the mouth for information. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for some substantial rumor/leak or something
Honestly, that scandanavian idea, I wanted to just put it up and play it off as a fake rumor. Wanted to see who'd buy it.

This reminds me of Skitty and Wailord. >_<

Personally, I breed just to complete the Pokedex and most of the time, I just use a Ditto for breeding since I don't have to memorize the Egg Groups for every single Pokemon.

All you need is a 5iv ditto to breed anything else is needlessly complicated

Maybe Pokémon all reproduce through alchemy?
Prehaps they have the help of a certain sewing life alchemist...

I am so, so sorry. I now leave to commit honorable seppuku for my crime.

Eggs always confuse me. The games try to imply that eggs are mysterious and possibly don't happen in the wild. I also seem to remember some pokedex entries referencing newly born pokemon, but pokemon seem to hatch from eggs "mature". It's probably just an elaborate excuse to let pokemon cross breed for egg moves, but I always wonder if there's suppose to be more to it.

I always saw the whole "don't know where they got this egg" thing as adults trying to avoid giving "the talk" to the trainers, which kinda makes sense for the 11 year old protagonists but not for Hilbert/Hilda, Nate/Rosa or Calem/Serena. Doesn't help that one Pokédex entry implies that Celebi is the "stork" of the Pokémon world, which just keeps raising more questions.

I used to think that as well, but in the Arceus event with Cynthia, Cynthia is astounded by the creation of the egg and reconfirms that "an egg coming into the world" is an event that no one has seen before. Although, it seems a bit crazy to believe that that exact sequence of events happens every time an egg appears.

Let's... let's talk about something else. I'm starting to have a headache. Who knew you could raise so much questions with something as simple as reproduction? A "just ask your parents" comment would have sufficed or, you know, never making the whole "don't know where eggs come from" thing in the first place. I guess that's why the translated DS Dragon Quest Monsters games replaced the whole breeding mechanic with fusion. Well, that and the fact that the parents disappear in that game.

I mean, can't we just go off the assumption that natural Pokemon just lay eggs naturally while man-made Pokemon make an artificial one appear with their powers? I mean, I highly doubt every single Pokemon egg is natural when there are Pokemon that, in reality, shouldn't be able to breed at all, can still breed, the Aegislash line being prime examples of Pokemon that you would think wouldn't be able to breed at all, they are just swords after all.

I rarely breed except for the excuse of, hey look! I got an egg! That’s about it. It takes too much effort for me. Especially when my friend likes breeding and I can whine to her to get the pokemon I want haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom