• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But let's be frank, is there anyone that does this?
I would only catch unevolved Pokémon I didn't have. For everyone else, I'd run away. It would take a while to fill up the box like that, so no I wouldn't be invincible. But I would like the PC to get back to the status quo.

But let's be frank, is there anyone that does this?
Personally, in Pokemon GO, I find this is both an easy and reasonable practice. XD Just load up on reasonably strong fodder that you don't mind tossing when it's dead and yeah... I could see plenty of people doing it.

It really is kind of a hack to just have the PC on your person at all times. I'd rather we not have that going forward.

Edit: Elaborating on why it makes sense in GO- putting disposable fodder in gyms allows you to earn coins without having to use a revive. So in a regular game, disposable fodder with an on-hand PC would equally spare you from having to use items to revive pokemon, as well as not needing to walk to the pokemon center. Not having the PC on-hand makes disposable fodder a less reasonable practice and a stronger team more preferable.

Last edited:
Really? I thpught it was delibird.

Pelipper:
Pelipper is a flying transporter that carries small Pokémon and eggs inside its massive bill. This Pokémon builds its nest on steep cliffs facing the sea. - Ruby's + Omega Ruby's PokeDex entries

Delibird:
It carries food rolled up in its tail. It has the habit of sharing food with people lost in mountains. - Multiple PokeDex entries

Don't know where it says that Pelipper delivered to people's doorsteps. But it does say that Pelipper carries Eggs around.

Delibird, though, is all about sharing food.

Pelipper delivering eggs is pretty spot on for my on the fly joke response

Do you think the thread should be closed since we're going nowhere and the topic keeps getting derailed due to lack of information?
Lack of information is no reason to close the thread, since the whole point of this thread is speculating on Gen 8, discussing our wishes for Gen 8 and talking about Gen 8 leaks. Egg group changes and character behavior counts as wishes for Gen 8.

We're not really going nowhere as the topics in here fluctuate so often as leaks and wishes are mentioned and discussed- and why close the thread now when the games will be officially announced within a few months anyway? It wouldn't hurt anything if we kept discussing Gen 8 erratically until then.

exp share.png

you can t turn off exp share in this game
even worse there s text on the code of the game

So here is something we haven't discussed.

Each Professor studies a specific topic of Pokemon.

Professor Oak: Pokemon-Human relationships
Professor Elm: Breeding
Professor Birch: Habitats
Professor Rowan: Evolution
Professor Juniper: Origins of Pokemon
Professor Sycamore: Mega Evolution and Change
Professor Kukui: Pokemon Attacks

So which field of study would the new Professor study?

I think that it might be Pokemon Abilities or Pokemon Behavior. Abilities are still a mysterious aspect of Pokemon and could be the next battle gimmick.

Do you think the thread should be closed since we're going nowhere and the topic keeps getting derailed due to lack of information?
I understand that you're feeling antsy but we're not getting any new info any time soon and, honestly, tangents are better than nothing.

It's not a bad guess. Since Let's Go excluded abilities, it would be a way to introduce that to new players coming from those games. I don't know if I would want some kind of Super Abilities thing. Like moves, there are some abilities that are redundant or almost useless. I think GameFreak should revamp some of the existing ones to either improve them or differentiate them more.

For example, there are 3 abilities that prevent sleep:

Insomnia
Vital Spirit
Sweet Veil (also works on allies)

Sweet Veil is a little different since its useful for double battles, but Insomnia and Vital Spirit are virtually identical.

And then there's also Early Bird which just makes the pokemon wake up faster? Yeah, fix that, please.

Or there's abilities like Run Away that don't have any competitive advantage. Maybe it can be updated so that the pokemon cannot be trapped by trapping moves or abilities as well.

I think it would also be cool to give more abilities some sort of function outside of battle. I don't have any specific ideas for this, though.

I'm sure this means nothing, so read through to the end before you draw to any early conclusion.

So, I typed all of those names we theorized a few pages ago (almost all of those, actually), on that Google site that checks domains situation (just out of curiosity).

So, for example, if the list had "Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield", I looked for pokemonswordshield.com and for pokemonshieldsword.com. None of the names returned any registered domain. What was expected, since they usually only register the domain when it is close to the game annoucement.

However, a particular domain was already registered, which is: pokemonpastfuture.com

Through the Whois site, I was able to see who is the owner of the domain, I researched it, and really, it has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo, nor with any other company that has already registered domains for it.

The address of the owner points to this random company in Hong Kong: Baker Tilly International

I believe there is no chance of this being in any way related to Nintendo, otherwise, at least the company that owns it would be Japanese or American. But the result was curiositly strange. Why a company in Hong Kong registered that domain?

Maybe some chinese pokemon fan guy registered it with the address of that company? Maybe "pokemonpastfuture" means something in Chinese? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom