• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty cool idea. It would be nice if Gen VIII Pokemon (or at least their evolutions) have different forms depending on which version you are playing to go along with the concept of mirrors, reflections and mirrored worlds. That's unlikely to happen, but it would be a nice way to further differentiate between the two versions without making people feel obligated to buy both. I would imagine there would be an item or post-game area that would allow you to swap your desired "mirrored forms". Though I would like to see new regional variants and new mega evolutions so having both along with "mirrored forms" might be overwhelming.

Me: The Minya's example of Bagon and Gible would not require even half the time spent on some rare encounters (such as Snubull on HGSS).To be a equivalent challenge, they would have to be giant dungeons. That's what I'm saying from the beginning. And in the example I was using (in the case of games like XY) would have to be giant dungeons everywhere, and that would be unnatural.

You: But why are arguing about that? About a totally replacement? I'm not in a favor of a totally replacement. (<???)
When I asked about your arguments on a complete replacement, I wasn't asking in reference to your arguments about the Kalos example, I was asking about statements like these:
As I said, I don't care if people that don't like grinding will play it or not, that decision belongs to them. I said that, if it is a characteristic of the genre, they should not expect that it would be removed just exclusively because they don't like it.

It would be the same thing as going to a Mexican restaurant and asking them to remove the Mexican foods from the menu.
And that means nothing. As I said to prog rocker previously in this thread: "That's a totally individualistic thought, and can be destructive to the industry. "I don't like it, so they should remove or totally replace it for something else", that's not how things works. Games aren't made just for you.
Completely remove the system from rare encounters of the game is what I'm against. (I already understood that it's not your point. I'm just pointing it out.)

Going to a Mexican restaurant and demand that they should remove the Mexican dishes from the menu, only exclusively because you don't like them (look, there may have even been other reasons for that, which may be acceptable or not) is what doesn't make any sense. If that bothers you that way, you should not go to a Mexican restaurant.
So, if anyone finds these systems "annoying" too, can we pull them out of the game as well? (it's just a rhetorical question)
In these statements, you're not arguing about why you think your Kalos example wouldn't work, you're arguing that it would be unfair to ask for grinding to be removed. That's what I didn't see as relevant. I understand you arguing about the Kalos example, even treating it as a total replacement, but I don't see the point of telling me "we shouldn't remove it entirely just because some people don't like it", because I already said I agreed with that.
What was the point of confronting my argument so far then, if we were not talking about the same thing then? You totally forget the context in which the argument you are trying to confront was originally.
I was responding to these arguments because they seemed to contradict your statement that gameplay shouldn't be removed just because some players don't like it. You said that encounter rates shouldn't be removed just because some people found it boring, and I agreed with that, but then you argued that dungeons shouldn't replace them not because of the problems with removing encounter rates, but because of problems with the gameplay that the dungeons might have. And just like I think rare encounters shouldn't be removed because some people are bothered by them, I also don't think people shouldn't be prevented from being able to find Pokemon by exploring because someone is bothered by it. Even though your arguments were about a total replacement instead of an addition, the argument that a dungeon shouldn't be included because it feels unnatural could still be made about dungeons that were added instead of replacing.
I think it would not work the same way, because if done to maintain the same level of challenge, there would be all the problems I've previously mentioned, and if it wasn't done to maintain the same level of challenge, the game would be losing depth.

To make a total replacement, they would have to present equivalent challenges. Otherwise, the game would be losing depth. That was my counter-argument that explained that it would not be the same thing (as they had argued).

"Yeah, but what if I want a game with less depth?"

There is nothing I can do about it, really. Taste is subjective. It was my counter-argument. I still think that if they were to make a total replacement, they should present equivalent challenges.

And if you still disagree, I'll just keep friendly disagreeing with you on this.
That's still what I was saying-your opinion was that the dungeons should be as hard as encounter rates, but that wasn't what anyone else was asking for, even the people who did want them to replace encounter rates.
I can't understand, as a thing that is considered "boring" or "difficult" to get in the game, would not automatically become valuable in the eyes of the players, and would not be something of their desire, especially if we are talking about giveaways. So, I continue with the same thought about it. Then I'll just keep friendly disagreeing with you on this too.
Because they're willing to put up with something that they find boring to get the Pokemon they want.

Difference of opinion is one thing, but you can't ignore what other people have specifically said about their own opinions, that's disrespectful to them. Even if you don't understand why rare encounter Pokemon aren't considered as valuable by people who think it's boring and hard to obtain them, that doesn't mean they're not being honest about their opinions.

Miracle Twin could just be a new IP GF is working on.
It's a little soon for another IP, isn't it? They just finished LGPE, and they're working on Pig and Town. Maybe it could just be concept work for now, but I don't think copyright claims are made that soon?

Last edited:
It's a little soon for another IP, isn't it? They just finished LGPE, and they're working on Pig and Town. Maybe it could just be concept work for now, but I don't think copyright claims are made that soon?
It's possible that Miracle Twin is Town's actual name. They did say in the reveal that the name "Town" was not final.

So a new leak surfaced not too long ago, not sure if it was covered yet. It goes as follows:

• New Region is based on New Zealand’s North Island.
  • Grass Starter is a cute gastropod with high HP and Defence.
  • Fire Starter is an Ungulate/Goat with a little flame beard and high Speed.
  • Water Starter is a Crab with long, elongated eyes, High Defence and Special Attack.
  • Cover legendaries are a Water/Psychic Maungouroa Shark And Water/Dragon Taniwha.
  • There are around 80 new Pokémon including Yungoos as the regional rodent, and a Normal/Ground Kiwi as the regional bird.
  • Very diverse environment, the enemy teams plot is based on the misuse of land, deforestation, polluting the water, etc.
  • The professor studies geological formations and is a fossil enthusiast who is friends with campion Daigo (Steve).
  • You have to Find, Battle, and Recruit 4 strong trainers (out of 8) to form the Elite 4.
  • The Pokémon league is now based on rounds like the Pokémon World Tournament where you must fight Ace Trainers and your Rivals.
  • There are 2 rivals in the game. One is your childhood friend with a team focused on speed and power. The other rival is the opposite Protagonist who happens to be the little sibling of the professor. Their team is focused on status and boosting.
  • A new version of the PSS will be implemented in this game.
  • There are new Pokerides in the game. We get Dewgong instead of Lapras, Fearow instead of Charizard, Rhydon instead of Machamp, and Bouffalant instead of Tauros.

The only red flag I see here is the mention of Yungoos in New Zealand because New Zealand actually has laws against Mongoose being in the country.
And hedgehogs are illegal in Hawaii, yet we got Togedemaru. I think more of the problem is that Yungoos, a past gen mon, is the regional rodent. That already sounds off.

Miracle Twin was also trademarked by Creatures Co. The only main games that they helped developed were Pokemon X and Y. Although, they did help with the Let's Go games with its Pokemon 3D modeling. In fact, they did the 3D modeling for XY, Go, Pokken Tournament and Let's Go. They also developed the Detective Pikachu game.

Yesterday's new Pokémon episode shows a scene in a detective show that's filmed somewhere outside Alola, and the background bears an uncanny resemblence to London. Combined with the earlier calendar rumors, some people are already guessing that this is yet another hint to the Generation VIII region being based on the United Kingdom.

641.jpg

good god I've always wanted a pokemon region inspired by the UK, but seeing that screencap from the anime makes me REALLY want one.

a region full of pokemon inspired by england/europe folklore such as fairies, dwarves, actual dragons. . . please gamefreak

An England region?

SCREAMS LOUDLY SCARING THE HECK OUT OF EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE ROOM!

I love England, I want to see what they do with Oxford. Any ideas?

Maybe it's because I don't know much about Detective Pikachu, but are we sure it's not a reference to Ryme City? Wouldn't be the first time they made a reference to a spinoff. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, please?

Maybe it's because I don't know much about Detective Pikachu, but are we sure it's not a reference to Ryme City? Wouldn't be the first time they made a reference to a spinoff. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, please?
Ryme City is distinctively different. Especially in the movie, where it's almost like a metropolis.

Ryme City is distinctively different. Especially in the movie, where it's almost like a metropolis.

The problem is that they need to make it seem like a real life City on the big tv, while they don't need to do that in the game or in the anime (Lumiose City also seems bigger in the anime than it was in the games, since it even has their own training grounds and the airport).

There are around 80 new Pokémon including Yungoos as the regional rodent, and a Normal/Ground Kiwi as the regional bird.
That's one way of cutting down on the number of new Pokémon.

You have to Find, Battle, and Recruit 4 strong trainers (out of 8) to form the Elite 4.
The Pokémon league is now based on rounds like the Pokémon World Tournament where you must fight Ace Trainers and your Rivals.
Interesting if true, it sounds like the next logical step after the creation of the Alola League, just with the player instead of Kukui.

A new version of the PSS will be implemented in this game.
I'm all up for scrapping the Festival Plaza and returning to the PSS.

So, I wonder how the metropolis will look this time. Castelia City was bustling and fun to explore. Lumiose City was a bit too big, but I still liked discovering an area that I missed or working at Hotel Richissme.

I feel that it shouldn't be as big as Lumiose since there is the possibility of getting lost. But it should have plenty of attractions and activities to do.
Knowing Gamefreak, they won't pass up the opportunity to have the Switch render a metropolis larger than Lumiose. Hopefully with no game-breaking glitches this time.

Hopefully a new metropolis will be easier to navigate than Lumiose too.

The latter just wasn’t very fun to travel, it was practically a maze.
Maybe it can be split into districts. Battle district for the Gym and battle facilities, fashion district for clothing shops, and so on.

Yesterday's new Pokémon episode shows a scene in a detective show that's filmed somewhere outside Alola, and the background bears an uncanny resemblence to London. Combined with the earlier calendar rumors, some people are already guessing that this is yet another hint to the Generation VIII region being based on the United Kingdom.
[/SPOILER]

I probably need to watch the episode, but I think its possible this is just a nod to Sherlock Holmes and Sherlock Holmes = London.

Is Sherlock well known outside of English speaking countries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom