• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet You all we will get a game trailer for generation 8 games in the movie with starters in it/ legendaries/ new pokemon or all together at once and a realese date.

I don't fear mega evolutions, think that they need to be more, but think that some past generation pokemon would desrve other evolution paths like Scyther would deserve a other bug/dragon form line.

There also could be other form changes similar activated via move like Rayquaza for some?

I think every Generation should get equal representation in the new games. Or at least, less Genwunner pandering. Making the classics too much of a cash cow is not always a good idea. We explored Kanto in the first four generations in a row.
No kidding.
Apparently there is some rumors about gen 8 going around in a "rumor mill" thats being kept private

huh
What! That magazine from BotW is real! (I kid)

Spiritual roots: Every starter will evolve into Trevenant, because it's a spirit with roots.

"They all remain conservative" feels like it's just said because he couldn't actually think of a theme to link them all together. Sure, their designs don't seem much more elaborate than animal+element, but the same could be said for Charizard, whose design is a classic fire-breathing dragon.

And Infernape isn't based on a god, either-it's based on Son Goku, the Japanese interpretation of Sun Wukong in Journey to the West. (It'd be pretty hard to argue that it wasn't based on him, because its Japanese name is Goukazaru)

And what's Gen 5's theme supposed to mean? Sure, you could call it multiculturalism because it pulls from different cultures, but why not say the same for Gen 4 if it's really pulling from different religions?

"They all remain conservative" feels like it's just said because he couldn't actually think of a theme to link them all together. Sure, their designs don't seem much more elaborate than animal+element, but the same could be said for Charizard, whose design is a classic fire-breathing dragon.

And Infernape isn't based on a god, either-it's based on Son Goku, the Japanese interpretation of Sun Wukong in Journey to the West. (It'd be pretty hard to argue that it wasn't based on him, because its Japanese name is Goukazaru)

And what's Gen 5's theme supposed to mean? Sure, you could call it multiculturalism because it pulls from different cultures, but why not say the same for Gen 4 if it's really pulling from different religions?

Exactly what I thought. If the evolution from Bulbasaur to Venusaur is considered "genetic mutation" all the others should be so. Multiculturalism can be pointed out in almost every other generation's starters. Purity and nature themed seemed disconnected and vague.

It looks more like a speculation attempt than a rumor to me.

But again, I would like to know where exactly that information came from, and why we should believe in it (if the source is trustworthy, if it has already leaked other things before, and which ones).

Now that I think about it, "purity" would have fit the beta Pokémon 2 starters better, not the actual ones, since they looked pretty simple (well, simpler than the final ones) in my opinion, with the exception of Hanamogura, which will always be a mystery for me since it's pretty strange. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

Last edited:
Between the “timeline” and starter “themes”, i feel like the fandom spends more time overanalyzing things than GF does.
Well, it's better than the weird theories that people get from other games. So far, Pokémon is the only game where I have never seen a "this game is a retelling of the Bible" theory like other games like Mother 3 or Chrono Trigger have. And the Chrono Trigger one was thanks to Ted Woolsey's changes.

That’s a single detail and not the entire basis.
And even if Empoleon is considered 'God', Venusaur does not mutate on evolution from Ivysaur and the Hoenn starters are not specifically nature themed.
Technically speaking, being “bigger” is a mutation. Even then, some inconsistencies doesn’t break a trend/pattern completely. The Hoenn starters though... No idea.

Well, it's better than the weird theories that people get from other games. So far, Pokémon is the only game where I have never seen a "this game is a retelling of the Bible" theory like other games like Mother 3 or Chrono Trigger have. And the Chrono Trigger one was thanks to Ted Woolsey's changes.
You clearly haven’t followed Nitendokusou :)

Uhhh hello guys long time no see
That’s a single detail and not the entire basis.
And even if Empoleon is considered 'God', Venusaur does not mutate on evolution from Ivysaur and the Hoenn starters are not specifically nature themed.
Empleon is based on Poisideon fused with an Emperor Penguin.
Saur has that giant poisonous Rafflesia arnoldi on its back while each Hoenn Starter lives in a part of the enviorment
Treecko- The Forest
Torchic- Moutains\Volcanos
Mudkip- The Sea

Hello, Larry.

Can you tell me where this "rumor" comes from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom