• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's better than the weird theories that people get from other games. So far, Pokémon is the only game where I have never seen a "this game is a retelling of the Bible" theory like other games like Mother 3 or Chrono Trigger have. And the Chrono Trigger one was thanks to Ted Woolsey's changes.
Don't forget about Lockstin and his whole Reboot Theory. Alchemy, Language of Flowers, Bible symbolism, Numerology and a few other topics.

Don't forget about Lockstin and his whole Reboot Theory. Alchemy, Language of Flowers, Bible symbolism, Numerology and a few other topics.
Well with Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee, Lockstin was sortof right. “When 7 Becomes 1”, we got a Kanto Remake right after Gen 7. And if other rumors are to be believed (early Larry Leaks, and the new ones), things might look different for Pokémon, after Let’s Go.

Not much to say except that if let's go and smash ultimate have taught us it's that typically the most controversial things end up being true anything.
Everyone and their mother was against the Box Theory despite it being legitimate

Not much to say except that if let's go and smash ultimate have taught us it's that typically the most controversial things end up being true anything.
Everyone and their mother was against the Box Theory despite it being legitimate
I still hope the Minecraft leak is fake, specially seeing how it's now supposed to be a boss instead of a character.

I still hope the Minecraft leak is fake, specially seeing how it's now supposed to be a boss instead of a character.
I don't want Steve either but considering how Nintendo has been pushing Minecraft lately he has a pretty good shot at getting in

I'm just glad that the Grinch leak wasn't true, I would've hated if Banjo & Kazooie ever made it into Smash.

Technically speaking, being “bigger” is a mutation. Even then, some inconsistencies doesn’t break a trend/pattern completely. The Hoenn starters though... No idea.
Being bigger is just the natural process of growing. It's no more a mutation than Caterpie becoming Metapod.

Uhhh hello guys long time no see

Empleon is based on Poisideon fused with an Emperor Penguin.
Saur has that giant poisonous Rafflesia arnoldi on its back while each Hoenn Starter lives in a part of the enviorment
Treecko- The Forest
Torchic- Moutains\Volcanos
Mudkip- The Sea
I think being named Empoleon makes it pretty clear Napoleon's part of the design.

But it already had the plant in its first form. If being different from a normal animal counts as a mutation, shouldn't all the starters have a mutation theme? Same goes for the habitat-don't all starters live in part of the environment?

Being bigger is just the natural process of growing. It's no more a mutation than Caterpie becoming Metapod.

But it already had the plant in its first form. If being different from a normal animal counts as a mutation, shouldn't all the starters have a mutation theme? Same goes for the habitat-don't all starters live in part of the environment?
I mean supposedly what starts out as a small bulb evolved into a gigantic Jungle by the time it reaches its Mega state.

A delicious Grapevine if I had to guess.
That's said what have you guys been up to? It seems you've made friends with another bear while I was gone

I see. But where exactly does this "rumor" come from? Can you point me to where you saw it? Even if the site is in Japanese, I would like to know.

Well, you could say that an animal-plant hybrid could be a mutation of sorts where the plant part does all the work of getting nutrients so the animal part doesn't have to eat at all to survive.

I think the announcement next year will play out through one of these scenarios:

- new form for mewtwo (or new mechanic) teased (or revealed) around feb-april ish, games fully revealed around may with titles, starters, mascots, etc
-games title dropped in February, new gen 8 mon revealed for movie anywhere from feb-april, first real info on games in may

Although we could get a both a gen 8 mon + something pertaining to mewtwo

I guess the bottom line is I fully expect something to be teased/revealed pertaining to gen 8 in advance of the games being formally revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom