• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like teasing a new gen through Mewtwo again would be so uninspiring.

It's uninspiring, but would you really put it past gamefreak? They love him + one of the most popular pokemon of all time starring in the movie that also debuts the same year as what will be the biggest gen yet + kanto (and thus mewtwo) are fresh in everyones minds again due to lets go, does make it seems kinda likely that he'll be getting something in the new games. It doesn't necessarily need to be a new form but I do expect him to have something "new"

I don't Mewtwo's getting another form to be honest if anything they may just go for the X mega evolution. I believe will see the flavor of the month generation 8 Pokemon coming out of nowhere scenario

Well, you could say that an animal-plant hybrid could be a mutation of sorts where the plant part does all the work of getting nutrients so the animal part doesn't have to eat at all to survive.
Then shouldn't the other Grass starters count as mutants, too? And what about the biological oddities of Fire and Water starters? Shouldn't they be mutants, too?

Then shouldn't the other Grass starters count as mutants, too? And what about the biological oddities of Fire and Water starters? Shouldn't they be mutants, too?
However, they, unlike Bulbasaur, actually look like animals who have grown plant features as a natural part of their body while Bulbasaur just looks like a frog with a plant bulb on its back, it just can't be natural to have an entire plant being a natural part of an animal without it looking like it is actually fused with some parts. Like Serperior's tail looks natural because the leaves don't look like they come from a separate being.

I kinda wish we'd get another x/y style reveal where they just throw everything in our face all at once. The lead up and anticipation for gen 8 is interesting given that we already know 100% it's coming next year, compared to to S/M where there were still plenty of people expecting another gen 6 game, or X/Y where there were plenty of people expecting R/S remakes

Wait, flower language, when did that come up? I know it's going to be full of Tauros, but I'm curious.
It was about that comment that said that, I think, Gen 7 will have a lot to do with flowers. He then makes the connections between characters and their flower inspired names.

But I think the flowers nod might have been referring to Oricorio in a way.

However, they, unlike Bulbasaur, actually look like animals who have grown plant features as a natural part of their body while Bulbasaur just looks like a frog with a plant bulb on its back, it just can't be natural to have an entire plant being a natural part of an animal without it looking like it is actually fused with some parts. Like Serperior's tail looks natural because the leaves don't look like they come from a separate being.
Then what about Charizard? What part of it unnaturally fused from a separate being?

Uhhh hello guys long time no see

Empleon is based on Poisideon fused with an Emperor Penguin.
Saur has that giant poisonous Rafflesia arnoldi on its back while each Hoenn Starter lives in a part of the enviorment
Treecko- The Forest
Torchic- Moutains\Volcanos
Mudkip- The Sea

Woah, woah, woah; since when do I live in the Sea? (I hope you realize I mean this light-heartedly) Also the only source I know of that implies that Torchic lives in the mountains/volcanoes is the Ruby and Sapphire pinball game. The Fire Red and Leaf Green Pokedex says that it is a Grassland pokemon.

Woah, woah, woah; since when do I live in the Sea? (I hope you realize I mean this light-heartedly) Also the only source I know of that implies that Torchic lives in the mountains/volcanoes is the Ruby and Sapphire pinball game. The Fire Red and Leaf Green Pokedex says that it is a Grassland pokemon.
I'd think what mudkip would represent would be marshes or swamps

Hello Mudkip

(Might be a stretch) Would Alola Route 8 count as a volcanic area or not? I'm asking because that's where you find Combusken in USUM.

It's uninspiring, but would you really put it past gamefreak? They love him + one of the most popular pokemon of all time starring in the movie that also debuts the same year as what will be the biggest gen yet + kanto (and thus mewtwo) are fresh in everyones minds again due to lets go, does make it seems kinda likely that he'll be getting something in the new games. It doesn't necessarily need to be a new form but I do expect him to have something "new"
Ho-Oh and Lugia both got a movie and nothing special in-game. I'm pretty sure Mewtwo will go the same route- it has two mega forms as it is, anything else would be overkill.

Ho-Oh and Lugia both got a movie and nothing special in-game. I'm pretty sure Mewtwo will go the same route- it has two mega forms as it is, anything else would be overkill.
Like somebody said, they could use Mega Mewtwo X since that's a Pokémon that is still missing from the anime.

(Might be a stretch) Would Alola Route 8 count as a volcanic area or not? I'm asking because that's where you find Combusken in USUM.

Hmm, I forgot about Island Scan. I'd say no, but mainly because Stufful can also be found on this route. I also think they could have put Combusken in Wela Volcano park if they believed it fit there. The location isn't occupied by anyone else.

ho-oh and lugia weren't starring in movies that dropped the same year a new generation was dropping, nor are they as popular as mewtwo and universally well known as mewtwo

I agree that it would indeed be overkill and redundant, I dont exactly want mewtwo to get a new form myself, I just feel like the possibility is there ;-;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom