• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope it doesn't evolve to just be a Water-type version of Sceptile, maybe it could evolve into a Water/Poison komodo dragon, those things have extremely poisonous bites.
That or it can grow into a great crested newt, the tail kinda hints that's the case. That can be cool actually. And you want to know the funny part about that theory? Crested newts can be found among the Britsh Isles. In other words, another hint to the U.K. being the next region.

Last edited:
Dang it, now these starters got my gears turning conceptually. Okay, so the weird thing is. I can genuinely visualize how these starters how these guys are designed and the route they'd go upon evolution cause they surprisingly make more than enough sense.

So as I mentioned, the water starter is a newt and might evolve into a crested newt. Some newts secrete toxic mucous that can either be potent enough to cause illness upon touch to straight up death to a full grown adult, hence the potential poison typing. Plus they're amphibious which fits the water starter quota.

The rabbit might be a Grass/Fairy type upon evolution and honestly it might evolve into a jackalope pokemon I always wanted, with it's antlers being made of wood and resembling trees with flowers. And considering that some fairy types are based off mythical creatures like Grannbull, this also makes sense since the jackalope is a mythical hybrid. Looking at the art it might be a potential support type as well being able to learn the move spore at an early level, whiich would really be useful.

And for the goat if real it's evolution design can go 2 routes knowing GF. Either a regular goat or a satyr. Anyway it might be based on either a british primitive goat or a mountain goat, considering the art talks about how high it can jump I say the latter. This makes sense for the potential typing of Fire/Rock cause it'd be a literal mountain goat. And also mountain goats have a routine to head down from the mountains for a salt lick, which they do to help their bone structure. And I imagine it's dex entry would point out it does this to make it's bones sturdy and rock like, evolving to grow a rock hard skull and horns. Also seeing the art work it shows it likes to tackle as well, it might be a hint that it can learn moves like Flame charge, Flare Blitz, Head Smash, and of course Headbutt.

Again, somebody put quite a bit of thought into these little guys if fake, which is what makes them slightly believable cause that's the same feeling I had for the Alola starters. And it's funny all of them have some link to the U.K. as well.

I'm a bit loss what might be fake? That image that we got or some new info?

I am sorry but can someone tell what this gen 8 starters rumor is?
I was referring to this gen 8 starters rumor:

View: https://twitter.com/Arkie200/status/1067886566729818126?s=19

Yokai?
Also, real-time battles are being brought up again

Also who is Larry?

I would not answer that because I don't know if he wanted to be identifiable (again) here, but someone have already replied.

Is he a leaker?

Ask to him.

has he leaked anything in the past?

No. (To be fair, he just started to making his "information" public a "short" time ago, so I would say: not yet.)

Last edited:
I would not answer that because I don't know if he wanted to be identifiable (again) here, but someone have already replied.

I feel like I'm missing some info here... Specially since I only answered because someone earlier in this thread said something like "Hey, Larry!" and he answered back.

I feel like I'm missing some info here... Specially since I only answered because someone earlier in this thread said something like "Hey, Larry!" and he answered back.

Yes, but it seems that he (Bullet Club Master) had not noticed.

The context was all implied, anyway. And I don't think it really matters tho.

Ahhh okay I wasn't sure!

The rabbit seems to be the one I'm the most okay with, the goat and the water pokemon are kinda... meh in my opinion? I'm still not betting on them being real.

I am really hoping that the Fire starter won't be bipedal but we all knows what GameFreak thinks lol

Sorry guys, I haven't been on the message boards recently so I was confused. Anyway, the image of those three starters has a chance of being real? Is there any evidence backing up those three starters being the real deal?

Sorry guys, I haven't been on the message boards recently so I was confused. Anyway, the image of those three starters has a chance of being real? Is there any evidence backing up those three starters being the real deal?
No, it's the opposite. Apparently the Japanese is kinda wonky, and weird Japanese is a sure way to get your "leak" killed. Serebii used to have a collection with examples of this.

No, it's the opposite. Apparently the Japanese is kinda wonky, and weird Japanese is a sure way to get your "leak" killed. Serebii used to have a collection with examples of this.
That and claiming that you work at the studious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom