• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the leak is apparently suggesting that the leaker knows what country the next game is based on, but they include a map of several countries instead-just for funsies, I guess? And that DNA helix is just hilariously vague-is it about Mewtwo, created from Mew's DNA, or Deoxys, the DNA Pokemon, or Kyurem, fused with the DNA splicers, or fossil Pokemon, whose DNA is used to revive them?

So, another Piuk imitator, right? *sigh*

lol

You know, it's pretty good that you bring that person's name up again, because since the gen 8 game will only be released next year, the game's translation must only have started recently (I think that was confirmed by PixelPar, if I'm not mistaken), so Piuk is just one example that there are really stupid peoples in the community.

Last edited:
Piuk was actually already disproved by LGPE-he claimed "You and Me" were the first main series Pokemon games on the Switch, but LGPE proved that wrong.
Yew and May? sounds better than Piuk :whistle:

Piuk sounds absurd the same way thinking misty can be elite four in 2 generation

Last edited:
In my opinion, the only people who are reliable is the Chinese leaker and Pixelpar as both have proven their worth time after time again. Everything else has come from 4chan but usually do not have a lot of hype until they are revealed to be true. I think a good rule of thumb is when it is leaked from 4chan they are low key about it, blunt and do not do q and a sessions.

In my opinion, the only people who are reliable is the Chinese leaker and Pixelpar as both have proven their worth time after time again. Everything else has come from 4chan but usually do not have a lot of hype until they are revealed to be true. I think a good rule of thumb is when it is leaked from 4chan they are low key about it, blunt and do not do q and a sessions.
Pokeshopper is a good source, too- granted the mystery boxes tend to put the fandom in an uproar over nothing.

I don't think the Chinese leaker is even leaking anything anymore. People tend to take what they say as leaks still, but from what I've seen, the last few times since the release of Sun and Moon, all that they posted were their own thoughts and speculations.

But you have to admit that Shaymin getting merchandise is something that's to come in Gen 8.

Uh not really, Shaymin is always used around anniversaries.
That's like saying Blaziken was used whenever a Fire-type Pokemon was going to get something new and in both cases, they only happened once.

the chinese side of the leaker-dom has definitely quieted down over the course of the past few months which is interesting because i feel like a majority of the rumors last year were coming from them.

So far as far as 2019 merch goes, we know that

-mystery secret merch set to be revealed sometime around spring
-mewtwo merch with a mystery secret to be revealed around feb/march/april (still too early to say if this is anything major or not)
- sinnoh related merch (arceus, shaymin)

(these are all from the pokeshopper merch scans that are only available through his patreon that ruffledrowlit goes over in recent videos, pokeshopper vaguely talked about in streams)

Tl: DR there are two secrets, one individual one, one related to mewtwo.
It's all interesting. I don't think shaymin being featured in new merch automatically means that it'll get something new in gen 8, but maybe it'll be featured in the movie which would be cool.

Last edited:
Pokeshopper is a good source, too- granted the mystery boxes tend to put the fandom in an uproar over nothing.

I don't think the Chinese leaker is even leaking anything anymore. People tend to take what they say as leaks still, but from what I've seen, the last few times since the release of Sun and Moon, all that they posted were their own thoughts and speculations.

Eh, I don't know if I can consider Pokeshopper to be a good source as while he does reveal hints of what's to come, like a new Pokemon/form which ended up being Dusk form Lycanroc, Kanto promotion which ended up being Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, he still plays it safe and dosen't really give us leaks of what's to come. All the stuff he reveals is already leaked before he reveals it or officially announced by the Pokemon Company.

The whole scenario around the Chinese leakers is confusing. In Sun and Moon we had Riddler and his riddles (and that other random passimian's leak). But in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon the thing turned into a whole mess.

The first USUM leak doesn't came from a direct Chinese source, but from 4chan (in March, 2017. Before of the announcement of the games):

oOXg6oy.png

There is a second one also made on 4chan (in October, 2017):

kBMaAbL.png

Also, there is this leak about the Rainbow Rocket, that was supposedly done by Riddler (It was around October, 2017, too):

The problem is that, apparently, according to some reports, the post has been deleted, and then, only screenshots remain as proof (Which can be manipulated. I don't believe the screenshot was manipulated imo, but still, of course there is the possibility of).

oUkh1qw.png

Those were the USUM's leaks made "directly", and so we have leaks made "indirectly" through the intermediary of users who know Mandarin, and brought information from the social networks of Chinese leakers. They are:

Lavandula and another user of the forum, who I don't see the need to mention now (tbh, he doesn't log in for a while, and his profile is locked now, so maybe he doesn't want to be disturbed or identified again, idk, so I will not directly mention him).

According to that user, the two leaks made in the 4chan were made by a Chinese guy, actually. And Lavandula says that her Chinese leaks came from the same one that leaked the Rainbow Rocket. But if the first post on 4chan that talks about Rainbow Rocket was made totally anonymously, how did Lavandula know that? Maybe she's just relying on what that other user have said, but he may be wrong, after all.

Also, according to him, he wasn't a leaker (and also didn't seem to be one to me), he just translated things he saw from Riddler's personal social networks and from people connected to him (to Riddler). That is made more evident by the fact that he has already brought a lot of wrong information (such as Giratina being caught up in Distortion World in USUM).

So, tl;dr if something isn't posted directly by Riddler, it's hard to believe in anything. And just because something supposedly come from Chinese sources doesn't mean anything.

And just to make it clear: I'm not saying that I don't believe in Lavandula or in that other user, because I believe in them. But even so, if they aren't the leakers themselves, I mean, if the information isn't coming directly from them, but rather being just translated/intermediated, it is subject to frauds or mistakes (both by the sender and by who are bringing the info).

Edit

The part that refers to Lavandula is the most confusing, to be honest. As I said, she said that her Chinese leaker was the same one that leaked the Rainbow Rocket, but how could she be sure of that if the post about Rainbow Rocket was made anonymously at 4chan? How could she be sure it was the same person?

Sometimes (by some things that she spoke and how she acted), I have the feeling that her "Chinese Rainbow Rocket leaker" was just that user that I mentioned that only translated the things him saw on Chinese social networks. I wish I had the opportunity to ask her exactly what happened, but she doesn't seem so interested in it anymore.

About the misinformation she reported (like the whale Pokémon), I can't tell what really happened (I think it was another fake source, or the other user just translated something wrong/some fake).

But what I mean is that, after all, the only Chinese source that was really reliable, and the only real-known chinese leaker was Riddler.

Last edited:
Eh, I don't know if I can consider Pokeshopper to be a good source as while he does reveal hints of what's to come, like a new Pokemon/form which ended up being Dusk form Lycanroc, Kanto promotion which ended up being Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, he still plays it safe and dosen't really give us leaks of what's to come. All the stuff he reveals is already leaked before he reveals it or officially announced by the Pokemon Company.
I mean, as far as getting an idea of when to expect reveals, it's a good place to look. He can't legally reveal things until they're announced, so yeah- we don't get details, but we can gleam dates. Which is something. His speculation is also useful when he's able to figure out what things likely are- such as the Zeraora "mystery" reveals.

The whole scenario around the Chinese leakers is confusing. In Sun and Moon we had Riddler and his riddles. But in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon the thing turned into a whole mess.

The first USUM leak doesn't came from a direct Chinese source, but from 4chan (in March, 2017. Before of the announcement of the games):

oOXg6oy.png

There is a second one also made on 4chan (in October, 2017):

kBMaAbL.png

Also, there is this leak about the Rainbow Rocket, that was supposedly done by Riddler (It was around October, 2017, too):

The problem is that, apparently, according to some reports, the post has been deleted, and then, only screenshots remain as proof (Which can be manipulated. I don't believe the screenshot was manipulated imo, but still, of course there is the possibility of).

oUkh1qw.png

Those were the USUM's leaks made "directly", and so we have leaks made "indirectly" through the intermediary of users who know Mandarin, and brought information from the social networks of Chinese leakers. They are:

Lavandula and another user of the forum, who I don't see the need to mention now (tbh, he doesn't log in for a while, and his profile is locked now, so maybe he doesn't want to be disturbed or identified again, idk, so I will not directly mention him).

According to that user, the two leaks made in the 4chan were made by a Chinese guy, actually. And Lavandula says that her Chinese leaks came from the same one that leaked the Rainbow Rocket. But if the first post on 4chan that talks about Rainbow Rocket was made totally in anonymous, how did Lavandula know that? Maybe she's just relying on what that other user have said, but he may be wrong, after all.

Also, according to him, he wasn't a leaker (and also didn't seem to be one to me), he just translated things he saw from Riddler's personal social networks and from people connected to him (to Riddler). That is made more evident by the fact that he has already brought a lot of wrong information (such as Giratina being caught up in Distortion World in USUM).

So, tl;dr if something isn't posted directly by Riddler, it's hard to believe in anything. And just because something supposedly come from Chinese sources doesn't mean anything.

And just to make it clear: I'm not saying that I don't believe in Lavandula or in that other user, because I believe in them. But even so, if they aren't the leakers themselves, I mean, if the information isn't coming directly from them, but rather being just translated/intermediated, it is subject to frauds or mistakes (both by the sender and by who are bringing the info).

Yeesh, yeah. This is why I'm kinda meh on Chinese leakers- Riddler to my knowledge is pretty much retired and there's so many other Chinese leakers and copycats, it's hard to call whether a leak comes from a legitimized source or not. At least Pokeshopper and Pixelpar are easy to identify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom