• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing telephone is a hard job because stuff gets lost eventually.
Though now the idea of Joe-Some on random fourm.com knowing something has increased by ten fold in recent years

Well, stuff "get lost" when one of the sides isn't being totally honest about.

Whether it is the way the information is passed on to your audience (most of the time not actually telling what really happened, or how you really got that information, leading the audience to consider as truth things that would otherwise be considered as dubious), or the source being a fake and just trying to fool the spokesman by passing on false information to him, or the spokesman adding him own speculations to the real info, or the spokesman being a liar and just pretending to have a source when he doesn't, or others occasions.

The point is that if one of the sides isn't being totally honest about, the information will usually get misrepresented/changed or lost, or simply being fake.

The problem isn't "playing telephone" but the people who are doing it.

Well, stuff "get lost" when one of the sides isn't being totally honest about.

Whether it is the way the information is passed on to your audience (most of the time not actually telling what really happened, or how you really got that information, leading the audience to consider as truth things that would otherwise be considered as dubious), or the source being a fake and just trying to fool the spokesman by passing on false information to him, or the spokesman adding him own speculations to the real info, or the spokesman being a liar and just pretending to have a source when he doesn't, or others occasions.

The point is that if one of the sides isn't being totally honest about, the information will usually get misrepresented/changed or lost, or simply being fake.

The problem isn't "playing telephone" but the people who are doing it.
Speaking of telephone, I recall when someone on Gaf was bought attention to Lavandula on Smogon talking about the og SM leaks which then make there way over here and eventually lead to this place being hot for awhile.
2016 was epic man

Why not just copy+paste things? This is the internet, after all.
At least from what I've seen typically these things travel from country to country but usually originated somewhere in Asia so it's not always easy. So what starts as "hey there's this new Pokemon based off of a yeti crab" becomes " there's a new Pokemon based off of a Snowman" once it's all said and done.

At least from what I've seen typically these things travel from country to country but usually originated somewhere in Asia so it's not always easy. So what starts as "hey there's this new Pokemon based off of a yeti crab" becomes " there's a new Pokemon based off of a Snowman" once it's all said and done.
I always thought the riddler was kinda fun. Putting pieces together to what's what only to be revealed later what those meant. It's like giving stuff away without doing so. Speaking of which, anybody remember those riddles we had earlier this year we believed was a hint to the starters?

I always thought the riddler was kinda fun. Putting pieces together to what's what only to be revealed later what those meant. It's like giving stuff away without doing so. Speaking of which, anybody remember those riddles we had earlier this year we believed was a hint to the starters?
I still can't believe how crowded and crazy it got over here but in the best way.
The translation that my friend did for the Starters went viral

All its lore centers around gratitude... Not anniversaries. The only thing remotely related to anniversaries is the flavour text of the Gracidea: "A flower sometimes bundled in bouquets to convey gratitude on special occasions like birthdays."
This is making me question something mostly unrelated. Why do we get Chansey in our birthdays, then?

Speaking of telephone, I recall when someone on Gaf was bought attention to Lavandula on Smogon talking about the og SM leaks which then make there way over here and eventually lead to this place being hot for awhile.
2016 was epic man

Sure, it was. But I still preferred the XY pre-release.

Idk if you're just trying to give a theoretical example...Because if you're talking about the "Passimian's leak", it was written "snowman". Probably referring to Crabominable. But there were no errors of interpretation or translation about.

Last edited:
Passimian was the snowman? I always thought it was Crabominable like Desdar3000 said. Gen VII pre-release was weirder than I remember.

It was probably Crabominable.

I refer to that leak as "Passimian's leak" (and that's how I referred to it in the previous page post too), because the "rugby monkey" part was one of the things of that leak that seemed to prove its truth.

Because Riddler had already indicated that there would be a "snowman" Pokémon, prior to the "Passimian's leak".

And the rest of the information on that rumor had also been speculated in the community before its release. The leak mentioned Salandit, but it only became "public" after Salandit was revealed. So what's left was the part of "rugby monkey", "sea cucumber" and "mushroom". Sea cucumber and mushroom were predictable, but a rugby monkey wasn't. So I refer to the leak as "Passimian's leak".

"Snowman" was probably Crabominable. But it was really written "snowman".

Last edited:
The snowman probably did refer to Crabominable because the chinese word for Yeti uses the characters for Snow and man meaning that the person meant yeti but it came out as snowman.

The snowman probably did refer to Crabominable because the chinese word for Yeti uses the characters for Snow and man meaning that the person meant yeti but it came out as snowman.

Yes, snow people. But there was nothing about crab in it.

And yes, it was probably referring to Crabominable, I know that. I didn't mean that it was referring to Passimian. I call that leak of "Passimian's leak", as I explained previously. But obviously, the "snowman" part didn't refer to the Passimian.

That was definitely one of the more interesting leaks that proved to be almost 100% truth. I really really hope we get another leak like that. One that def seems like a real leak that everyone will claim is fake as fuck until like August of next year.

Goddamn i'm so excited for the reveal next month and the hype season this upcoming year.

Sure, it was. But I still preferred the XY pre-release.

Idk if you're just trying to give a theoretical example...Because if you're talking about the "Passimian's leak", it was written "snowman". Probably referring to Crabominable. But there were no errors of interpretation or translation about.
I remember a lot of people crying foul because there was no snow man or dolphin Pokemon in Sun and Moon and use that as an example to show that the Chinese Riddler wasn't accurate or something.
Indeed it is a theoretical example but stuff like that can happen not always but it can.

I remember a lot of people crying foul because there was no snow man or dolphin Pokemon in Sun and Moon and use that as an example to show that the Chinese Riddler wasn't accurate or something.
Indeed it is a theoretical example but stuff like that can happen not always but it can.
Wasn't the dolphin Tapu Fini in a way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom