• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Tapu Fini kind of resembles a dolphin, but I definitely think some fake info was sprinkled in that leak so that they didn't get discovered.

Which i'm almost sure will happen again. GF can't really protect any of its secrets. I'm sure we already have a real leak that people have passed off as fake. And i'm sure we will have a surplus of fake and real leaks in the first quarter of the year.

I mean, Tapu Fini kind of resembles a dolphin, but I definitely think some fake info was sprinkled in that leak so that they didn't get discovered.

Which i'm almost sure will happen again. GF can't really protect any of its secrets. I'm sure we already have a real leak that people have passed off as fake. And i'm sure we will have a surplus of fake and real leaks in the first quarter of the year.

When did the 4chan leak of Pokemon Let's go come out? like a month before it was actually revealed?

I definitely think some fake info was sprinkled in that leak so that they didn't get discovered.
Why would including fake info keep a leak from being discovered? Wouldn't it still be suspicious to Game Freak have a bunch of confidential information in a post, even if some of it was fake?

Why would including fake info keep a leak from being discovered? Wouldn't it still be suspicious to Game Freak have a bunch of confidential information in a post, even if some of it was fake?
If someone post a leak with accurate and inaccurate information, it could easily be passed off as some random on the internet posting guesses and wish lists online.

For example if someone's just posts Text on something like 4Chan saying the next games will include Pokémon based on a Dolphin, Lyrebird and Miraitowa and Someity; and Miraitowa and Someity end up having Pokémon based on them in the next games but there are no Lyrebird and Dolphin Pokémon, and such a post just so happens to be found by Gamefreak and/or Nintendo, they could easily think it's just a lucky guess that isn't worth looking in to given that not everything is correct, regardless of the source being official or fake information.

I'm not saying such a ruse would be effective, but it could be, and it's likely what is being attempted in such instances; and while I'm sure leakers are aware of the fact Gamefreak could catch onto such a thing, there is still very little for them to gain from starting an investigation because of a seemingly suspicious post on the internet.

For cases as vague as that, sure, but most leaks have gotten into more specific details than just Pokemon inspiration. (and why not have an investigation? They had concept art leaked for SuMo, and titles leaked for LGPE-isn't that basis enough to tighten up security if they saw posts on the internet about what they were doing?)

They also mentioned a seal or something like that if I recall correctly in the place of Cosmoem. I guess he thought Cosmoem was just a sealed Lunala/Solgaleo or something.

They also mentioned a seal or something like that if I recall correctly in the place of Cosmoem. I guess he thought Cosmoem was just a sealed Lunala/Solgaleo or something.
Here's the entire Chinese Leak from SM, as well as another 4Chan Leak that was somewhat accurate:

No Gyms: Yes, the gyms were removed.
Alola region has no leagues. Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear: A league is built in the games, although Kukui builds it, not the player.
The E4 are originally replaced by island leaders: This refers to the Kahunas.
Starter's final forms with be an archer, a wrestler and a siren. Siren is Water/Fairy: This is entirely correct.
Collect logo diamonds like Mega stones, but a bit different: This is correct. The logo diamonds are the Z-Crystals, which are found a bit different (most of them are found through the trials , are given by important characters, or are event-exclusive. The Psychicium, Icium, and Flyingium Z-Crystals are the only Z-Crystals found in the overworld.
Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja: This is somewhat false. Ash-Greninja does not transform through Z-Crystals, but through an ability instead. However, in USUM, Necrozma does transform into Ultra Necrozma by holding the Ultranecronium-Z while it is in its Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings forms.
There will be new dolphin, rugby monkey, snowman, sea cucumber, mushroom: All but the first are correct, and they refer to Crabominable, Passimian, Pyukumuku, and the Morelull line respectively. The first possibly refers to Tapu Fini, but Tapu Fini bares closer resemblance to a swordfish or a marlin.
Rockruff evolves into a werewolf: Rockruff has two evolutions (3 in USUM), although Midnight Lycanroc does look like a werewolf.
Mashadow is a mythical Pokémon who has a very unique typing: This is entirely correct. Marshadow is a Mythical, and its type combination (Fighting/Ghost) is unique at the current moment.
There is a fire + poison Pokémon: This is correct and it refers to the Salandit line.
There are many unmarked locations on the map, which form districts; these contain very strong Pokémon, known as overlords: This refers to Totem Pokemon.
You can ride almost any Pokémon: This was false, although it did come true in LGPE.

No gyms: You know by now that this is correct.
More than one evo for Rockruff (including a werewolf): This is somewhat true, although Lycanroc's forms are two different forms of the same Pokemon when this statement implies that they would be completely different Pokemon.
Yungoos’ evolution is fat and hairy: Gumshoos isn't that fat or hairy. This refers to fanart of a possible Yungoos evolution that was made before Gumshoos was announced.
Time works differently in each version: This is correct. Sun plays off the time on your 3DS clock while Moon is 12 hours off the time on your 3DS clock.
New forms for old Pokémon (not Megas, think Shellos/Wormadam): This is correct and refers to the Alolan forms.
Pokémon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats: This is false.
The stone bracelet has nothing to do with Synchro Evolution: This is correct as Z-Moves have nothing to do with Synchro Evolution.
Ash-Greninja is in the game: This is correct.
S.S. Anne appears in the game: This is false.
Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokémon than last gen: This is correct. SM introduced 81 new Pokemon, which is larger, but not by much, then the amount introduced in XY (72).
Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances: The former 3 do make an appearance while the latter 3 don't.
Furfrou’s hair can be changed in the new Amie: This is false.
Some of the new forms for old Pokémon get new animations: This is correct.
Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokémon: This is correct. Transferring through Bank is the only way to get the original forms of the Pokemon that have Alola Forms.
There is a Flying type bird Pokémon whose appearance varies by island (think Darwin): This is correct and refers to Oricorio.
There is a 2-stage cat Pokémon that is normal when captured in the wild, but it will inherit the father’s primary type as its 2nd type when hatched; the color/pattern varies by type: This is false.
The Snowman from the Chinese leak is real; Ice/Ghost, 2-stage: This is also false.
Mimikkyu keeps its Japanese name: This is correct.
Beware of fake leaks: This is a hint towards Bewear's English name.
Butterfree = Bug/Psychic: This is false. Butterfree does appear in the Alolan Pokedex, albeit in its standard form.
Rattata line = Dark: Close enough, Alolan Rattata/Raticate are Dark/Normal.
Nidoqueen/Nidoking = Poison/Fighting: This is false. The Nidos aren't even in the Alolan Pokedex.
Ninetales = Fire/Fairy: Alolan Ninetales is actually Ice/Fairy.
Growlithe line = Water: This is false. The Growlithe line do appear in the Alolan Pokedex, albeit in their standard forms.
Abra line = Fighting: This is false. The Abra line do appear in the Alolan Pokedex, albeit in their standard forms.
Doduo line = Fighting/Flying: This is false. The Doduo line aren't even in the Alolan Pokedex.

Here's the entire Chinese Leak from SM, as well as another 4Chan Leak that was somewhat accurate:

No Gyms: Yes, the gyms were removed.
Alola region has no leagues. Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear: A league is built in the games, although Kukui builds it, not the player.
The E4 are originally replaced by island leaders: This refers to the Kahunas.
Starter's final forms with be an archer, a wrestler and a siren. Siren is Water/Fairy: This is entirely correct.
Collect logo diamonds like Mega stones, but a bit different: This is correct. The logo diamonds are the Z-Crystals, which are found a bit different (most of them are found through the trials , are given by important characters, or are event-exclusive. The Psychicium, Icium, and Flyingium Z-Crystals are the only Z-Crystals found in the overworld.
Logo diamonds cause Pokemon to transform shape, like Ash-Greninja: This is somewhat false. Ash-Greninja does not transform through Z-Crystals, but through an ability instead. However, in USUM, Necrozma does transform into Ultra Necrozma by holding the Ultranecronium-Z while it is in its Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings forms.
There will be new dolphin, rugby monkey, snowman, sea cucumber, mushroom: All but the first are correct, and they refer to Crabominable, Passimian, Pyukumuku, and the Morelull line respectively. The first possibly refers to Tapu Fini, but Tapu Fini bares closer resemblance to a swordfish or a marlin.
Rockruff evolves into a werewolf: Rockruff has two evolutions (3 in USUM), although Midnight Lycanroc does look like a werewolf.
Mashadow is a mythical Pokémon who has a very unique typing: This is entirely correct. Marshadow is a Mythical, and its type combination (Fighting/Ghost) is unique at the current moment.
There is a fire + poison Pokémon: This is correct and it refers to the Salandit line.
There are many unmarked locations on the map, which form districts; these contain very strong Pokémon, known as overlords: This refers to Totem Pokemon.
You can ride almost any Pokémon: This was false, although it did come true in LGPE.

No gyms: You know by now that this is correct.
More than one evo for Rockruff (including a werewolf): This is somewhat true, although Lycanroc's forms are two different forms of the same Pokemon when this statement implies that they would be completely different Pokemon.
Yungoos’ evolution is fat and hairy: Gumshoos isn't that fat or hairy. This refers to fanart of a possible Yungoos evolution that was made before Gumshoos was announced.
Time works differently in each version: This is correct. Sun plays off the time on your 3DS clock while Moon is 12 hours off the time on your 3DS clock.
New forms for old Pokémon (not Megas, think Shellos/Wormadam): This is correct and refers to the Alolan forms.
Pokémon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats: This is false.
The stone bracelet has nothing to do with Synchro Evolution: This is correct as Z-Moves have nothing to do with Synchro Evolution.
Ash-Greninja is in the game: This is correct.
S.S. Anne appears in the game: This is false.
Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokémon than last gen: This is correct. SM introduced 81 new Pokemon, which is larger, but not by much, then the amount introduced in XY (72).
Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances: The former 3 do make an appearance while the latter 3 don't.
Furfrou’s hair can be changed in the new Amie: This is false.
Some of the new forms for old Pokémon get new animations: This is correct.
Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokémon: This is correct. Transferring through Bank is the only way to get the original forms of the Pokemon that have Alola Forms.
There is a Flying type bird Pokémon whose appearance varies by island (think Darwin): This is correct and refers to Oricorio.
There is a 2-stage cat Pokémon that is normal when captured in the wild, but it will inherit the father’s primary type as its 2nd type when hatched; the color/pattern varies by type: This is false.
The Snowman from the Chinese leak is real; Ice/Ghost, 2-stage: This is also false.
Mimikkyu keeps its Japanese name: This is correct.
Beware of fake leaks: This is a hint towards Bewear's English name.
Butterfree = Bug/Psychic: This is false. Butterfree does appear in the Alolan Pokedex, albeit in its standard form.
Rattata line = Dark: Close enough, Alolan Rattata/Raticate are Dark/Normal.
Nidoqueen/Nidoking = Poison/Fighting: This is false. The Nidos aren't even in the Alolan Pokedex.
Ninetales = Fire/Fairy: Alolan Ninetales is actually Ice/Fairy.
Growlithe line = Water: This is false. The Growlithe line do appear in the Alolan Pokedex, albeit in their standard forms.
Abra line = Fighting: This is false. The Abra line do appear in the Alolan Pokedex, albeit in their standard forms.
Doduo line = Fighting/Flying: This is false. The Doduo line aren't even in the Alolan Pokedex.
That was not the leak I was talking about. I was talking about the Chinese riddler. He posted an image with all the revealed Pokémon and for those that were not revealed he added related pictures. For example: Toucannon's space was occuppied by a picture of the shirt that accidentally leaked it, Marshadow had a picture of a constellation (this was before the whole Stars situation), etc. He also commented on some of them.

EDIT: He also edited the picture to fit recently revealed Pokémon.

That was not the leak I was talking about. I was talking about the Chinese riddler. He posted an image with all the revealed Pokémon and for those that were not revealed he added related pictures. For example: Toucannon's space was occuppied by a picture of the shirt that accidentally leaked it, Marshadow had a picture of a constellation (this was before the whole Stars situation), etc. He also commented on some of them.

EDIT: He also edited the picture to fit recently revealed Pokémon.
Even more suspicious was that for Marshadow the riddler has Stars in the shape of a Z... They definitely knew what they where talking about.

Speaking of which... The Dolphin may not be Tapu Fini. The riddler did say something’s where scrapped iirc, including a non totem, tiki Pokémon, and the Starters secret.

I thought the starters' secret was their Z-moves.

Also, aside from the gyms, I wonder what other things were scrapped from Gen VII. Maybe we'll discover it during the 40th anniversary.

I thought the starters' secret was their Z-moves.

Also, aside from the gyms, I wonder what other things were scrapped from Gen VII. Maybe we'll discover it during the 40th anniversary.
Iirc the riddler hinted that it had nothing to do with moves, but was something else.

It was something else, but apparently was scrapped. Wonder what it was? Wonder if we'll see it in Gen VIII.

I do wonder if any actual leaks have appared that may be true once generation 8 is revealed.

An another note, what could the plot be for Generation 8? I have been thinking and thinking and I still cant figure out what would be a good plot for generation 8. Has there been any rumors what the plot could be?

I do wonder if any actual leaks have appared that may be true once generation 8 is revealed.

An another note, what could the plot be for Generation 8? I have been thinking and thinking and I still cant figure out what would be a good plot for generation 8. Has there been any rumors what the plot could be?
Plots are pretty tied to the world of the game (either the region or the Pokemon have been pretty central for most games), so it'd be hard to imagine just the plot without having other details. We've had rumors on the plot, but nothing credible. (or believable, TBH)

Right now, the thing that appears to be the most anticipated is simply to have all the loved features of past games be put in at once. Only then can we move forward again. I just want the game to not be made of squares again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom