• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way they giving mewtwo a new form, 2 megas is also too much.
i won't mind because i like mewtwo but i can't see it happening

There's no way they giving mewtwo a new form, 2 megas is also too much.
i won't mind because i like mewtwo but i can't see it happening
Considering that no Pokemon with a Mega Evolution received an Alola form or a species specific Z-Move in Gen 7, I think that this is the case.

Guys no one said mewtwo is gonna get a new standard form for sure. It could easly be gen 8 new feature. Let's say Mewtwo new shiny form or Mewtwo with new key item or Mewtwo with clothes...stuff like this is possible in merchandise. The point is we are gonna get news in about two months (finally).

Well i won't mind if it's something like shadow mewtwo or masked mewtwo from the first movie

Really excited for the new year! So many things happening. It'll be a rollercoaster of emotions. Now if only I had a Switch.

Metal mewtwo ?

I just checked my old cards and they actually refer to it as "Mechanical Mewtwo". Basically, Team Rocket put a suit of armor on Mewtwo to train it. I was trying to think of possibilities where the mystery Mewtwo figure is something we've actually seen before and not something related to gen 8.

So maybe MelMew then but in all seriousness maybe Meltan has something to do with the movie more then Mewtwo himself? The Evolution part does raise an eyebrow.

So maybe MelMew then but in all seriousness maybe Meltan has something to do with the movie more then Mewtwo himself? The Evolution part does raise an eyebrow.
Evolution could mean nothing, too... I mean we had Dragonball Evolution and that didn't mean squat either. Sometimes I think Evolution is like the Z in Dragonball Z. Rule of cool.

Or the Evolution could be referring to Meltan- the first mythical to do that.

I just hope to heck we don't get another Mewtwo form.

I love how it's December the speculation train is already in full force sjfksjf, this definitely already seems more exciting than the lead ins to the previous two generations.

The mewtwo variation figure could end up being something similar to lisa's eevee or spiky eared pichu, but with an announcement around feb which is right around when we'd expect the new games to be announced it does seem kinda weird. I'm very interested in the other secret that shows up around spring. I really hope it's a Lucario/Zoroark type mon instead of a mythical.

I think the prospect of getting the first movie trailer within the next few weeks + more or less guaranteed mainline news in early feb is awesome as feb isn't really that far away. December will fly by due to the holidays, and I'm sure the rumor mill will ramp up throughout january. We're almost there

More Fake News leaks from me:

* After their failure at controlling Mewtwo, Team Rocket created Mewthree, which is Psychic/Dark and more powerful than even Mega Mewtwo X and Y. However, Mewthree destroyed everything and fled.
* Megas will return.
* Gorochu will become Mega Raichu. Electric/Fire with Levitate.
* There will be a Dragon-type Eeveelution.
* Eeveelutions will get Megas that keep the same typings.
* Megas however will be restricted to Gen I mons or Pokémon that evolve from a Gen I mon.
* The games will be full of references to Kanto and Kanto Pokémon to not lose the interest of those who started with LGPE.
* There will be no new Z-Moves and regional variants. Game Freak is done with them.
* Green will appear in the post-game with Mewtwo.
* The games won't be open-world because kids could get lost.
* The Battle Frontier is never returning because most players (who are kids) don't care about it.

I think the "evolution" term refers to the movie itself...it's just another way to say that it's a reboot of the first movie. I may be wrong clearly. The second weekend of December is going to end soon so, if things go like they did in the past, the teaser trailer should not be that far (3-5 days).

2017: Sunday, 10th December. Oha Suta.
2016: Wednesday, 14th December. Oha Suta.
2015: Wednesday, 16th December. Oha Suta.
2014: Wednesday, 10th December. Oha Suta.

I think the show airs on Thursday, so maybe we are gonna get it on Wednesday...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom