• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just here to pitch a gen 8 idea that might have been said already, just want to share or hear some thoughts about it.

I’ve been playing Pokémon Go and sadly, sidelined the main games due to busy lifestyle while PoGo is very accessible being on mobile phone. We saw how much it became a hit and brought Pokémon fans all over the world who didn’t play the main series (or played just a few of them) closer to their childhood dream of becoming a Pokémon master.

And now PvP is coming and I can’t help but see how Pokémon Go is somewhat evolving to become closer to the main series such as they’re adding new move slot, protect, debuffs/buffs, expanding movepool, etc. Unlike other side series which had, in a way, stopped developing once released, PoGo being a mobile game has a lot of room for improvements and update.

We also saw how it became a bridge to people who totally didn’t play the OG series, only limited to merchandise and collections (eg. Anime, cards/plush/figure collectors only, etc.), but are now playing Let’s Go, which is basically a main series already but with a different approach and is heavily influenced by PoGo. I was really surprised how it made Switch sales skyrocket only to play LGPE, and my friends who I know didn’t play the main games are now playing LGPE as their first games. Ironically it’s the first games I am missing because I can’t afford Switch yet

Therefore, my point is that, is there any chance that we’ll be following this same track/transition from PoGo to LGPE to gen 8? I mean, currently, LGPE is getting a lot of good reviews. I’m really excited to play it someday despite being a remake but the overworld Pokémon encounter is really cool, tho I’m still not sure about the catch method, since I did find the wild battles taxing yet the pogo style catching really seems too simple.

Basically, the new region will have the LGPE framework and better connectivity with PoGo, maybe even to the extent of acknowledging the canon of PoGo more, etc.

Should it be the case, it might make me play gen 8 more since the PoGo connectivity will really make me look forward playing whenever I go home after coming from “fieldwork” with PoGo.

I’m not sure if it deserves another thread or if it fits here but I just want to hear some thoughts about it.

Also, I find it interesting how the team leaders, or one in particular, which is Blanche, seem to break the formula of type based leader. She’s currently associated with Ice type due to Articuno being the team symbol yet she gets more affinity with the water types eg. Vaporeon, or the blue colored ones, eg. Lucario, with the recent posters which people see as Electivire with Spark and Magmortar with Candela (still sad about Jynx not getting evo).

Anyway just had to get this off my chest.

Thanks!

Therefore, my point is that, is there any chance that we’ll be following this same track/transition from PoGo to LGPE to gen 8?
Probably the opposite of that, actually-recent interviews said that Gen 8 was aimed more at experienced players rather than new players. (But fingers crossed it still lets players import GO Pokemon! That's something that's a positive regardless of how familiar fans are with the series!)

Probably the opposite of that, actually-recent interviews said that Gen 8 was aimed more at experienced players rather than new players. (But fingers crossed it still lets players import GO Pokemon! That's something that's a positive regardless of how familiar fans are with the series!)
A good way to do that for possible Sinnoh remakes is to convert the pal park into a go park.

You are with a lot of people who are afraid the series is going to BECOME Let's Go and trash the complexity that existed from this point forward. When thinking about it myself, I pondered how exactly they plan on bringing people into stuff like items and abilities should they return. You'd end up with the same problem as if Let's Go didn't exist, the game is too complicated for Go players to comprehend. They either have been gutted permanently or they honestly think people can learn that many things right off the bat.

Maybe it would be considered a self accepted challenge for a go player to come from Lets Go to gen 8. Or maybe the pkmn company has plans to ease them into regular games with "lets go johoto" by adding in things like abiities.
Or maybe they will just be separate mainline games as it does appear that they will continue the series if lets go did well. That was the impression i got reading the interview about the future of lets go. Because then you will always have an "entry level" game available.

I like that Steven Universe reference there. ;)

Pokemon Garnet & Rose Quartz!

I kind of find it funny that Plus and Minus are being brought up again as of late, especially when the original rumor was really specific with the console it would be on that was basically describing the Switch. Of course the rest of the rumor has been proven fake

Considering how old it is, it's funny. It's curious how an old rumour like that had somewhat accurate information on a console that wasn't released until 3 years later, and the years up until the Switch's actual reveal were utterly riddled with fake leaks.

Maybe it's coincidence, but there is something else curious about the leak. The plus/minus leak talks about a legendary lion Pokemon as a mascot that is part psychic. As we all know, Sun had Solgaleo, a legendary psychic lion. While the typings (and design) don't match exactly beyond the psychic typing, I find it a curious coincidence worth mentioning in regards to the plus/minus leak.

Abilities are pretty much the only huge thing the Let’s Go players are unaware of.

The concept of items would be pretty easy to understand since that’s an advanced version of using evolution items in Go.

They could release short trailers of Pokemon showing off their abilities so that Let’s Go players can understand them, like they released a trailer with old megas for Lets Go.

The thing about separate series is that we will end up with what has happened for Let's Go, only it will offend a different part of the fanbase back and forth for all eternity. This one offends the hardcore players. The next will offend the casual players. The next one offends the hardcore, and so on and so forth. Whatever happened to one game that does both? I know Gamefreak does not favor it for some reason, but this is what different game modes are for.

I think they are just wanting to produce games that give opporunties to experince pkmn in different ways. I dont think they want opposing dual fanbase.
If a game isnt interesting or for a person. They could just skip it and wait for the coming release known to be more to thier liking.

True, but it gives opportunity for people to join the games who wouldnt otherwise because of being new or not interested in many hours who later may want to move to the more traditional that has a different experince and challenge. Pkmn now has more in it than when rby sgc came about.

They could make an easy mode that is more about catching pokemon and doesn't have the added features. It can't be that hard.

Im honestly not sure how you can do modes in a pkmn game. Do you have ideas on how?
Perhaps they are also considering people playing both lets go games and the mainline rpg we are use to.

True, but it gives opportunity for people to join the games who wouldnt otherwise because of being new or not interested in many hours who later may want to move to the more traditional that has a different experince and challenge. Pkmn now has more in it than when rby sgc came about.

LGPE already did that for a few years though. The only major new thing left is abilities which can be easily handled in the suggestion I mentioned above.

Moving the LGPE fans to Generation 8 and thus the main series is much easier than splitting the fanbase in two.

Perhaps they can still be eased into it, after all, most of the abilities are inconsequential. The real hurdle is not having catching pokemon be so central. I still think that both systems can somehow be compromised and even have it be a fun game element.

LGPE already did that for a few years though. The only major new thing left is abilities which can be easily handled in the suggestion I mentioned above.

Moving the LGPE fans to Generation 8 and thus the main series is much easier than splitting the fanbase in two.
Maybe if gen 8 does well with go players they will. Otherwise you have a group of people who wont move over that letsgo like games. They can still be sold too. Depends i guess. I dont know how gf determines or predicts these kinds of things.
Abilities are large but you also have more pokemon they arent use to, z moves, mega evolution, uncommon evolution methods like glaceon, breeding which i know is optional, held items that produces effects...
I think gf wanted lets go to be the medium between go and traditional and make that medium a main series while still being entry level for new and young people and a new kind of experince with pkmn for players generally.
I am curious on what will happen in the future

z moves, mega evolution,
Mega Evolution is in Let's Go and Z-Moves could be handled similarly.

uncommon evolution methods like glaceon
That could be a bit tricky, but Pokémon with such methods are few and far between.

breeding which i know is optional, held items that produces effects...
Breeding and held items are fairly intuitive concepts. Just an NPC explaining egg groups would be enough to handle breeding, and held item effects are present in item descriptions.

Can we please stop thinking that the 'casuals' are not capable of understanding some concepts? The other fans did when they were dropped on them, so Let's Go fans being introduced to such concepts isn’t such a far fetched concept as some are making it to be.

Making two sub series to split the fanbase in two would not be a thing GameFreak would want to do after creating LGPE for 'everyone' to unify two fan bases.

The payoff for creating two sub series would be too less for them to divide resources, since the main series games did just fine on their own before (Fine=breaking sales records with new releases) and non Kanto Let's Go games would not do better than the traditional remake, with the added detriment of longtime fans (which remakes are aimed at usually) being off put by them.

Are stuff really that hard for Go players? I started with Go yet I managed to catch up just fine with the main series. Let's not forget about Bulbapedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom