• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, during the USUM promotion period the Chinese leakers said that one of the ways they were able to predict and get information on future Pokemon games was because when you look at Junichi Masuda or other Game Freak executives twitters they actually do hint at a lot of stuff for the upcoming games on their twitter posts. If you go to Junichi Masuda's posts for the XY,ORAS,SM,USUM and LGPE periods you can actually see the hints to those games before they were announced.

It seems to me, that we are getting hints to generation 8 again.

I agree. It's Masuda's fault. But they usually only put those hints when it's very close to release/revelation of the thing, like some days before.

Thats basically what I said

The tweet author first said the photo was posted "before Sun and Moon's announcement." And then said it was posted on the 2016 anniversary.

The tweet tries to trick people to think that the anniversary picture has revealed something about Sun and Moon, and that because of that, Plusle and Minun's photo should be revealing something about the upcoming games "too", which is a lie, since the first photo revealed nothing from Sun and Moon at all. It's from 2018, and it does not even has "Hawaiian flowers" on it. I don't doubt that you already knew that, but then I honestly don't understand why you posted the tweet.

Last edited:
I agree. It's Masuda's fault. But they usually only put those hints when it's very close to release/revelation of the thing, like some days before.

First, the tweet author says the photo was posted "before Sun and Moon's announcement." And then he says it was posted on the 2016 anniversary.

The tweet tries to trick people to think that the anniversary picture has revealed something about Sun and Moon, and that because of that, Plusle and Minun's photo should be revealing something about the upcoming games "too", which is a lie, since the first photo revealed nothing from Sun and Moon at all. It's from 2018, and it does not even has "Hawaiian flowers" on it. I don't doubt that you already knew that, but then I honestly don't understand why you posted the tweet.

see
note:The left picture is from gamefreaks anniversary, but I do distinctly remember masuda posing the picture of the earth around new years 2016

@SodiumChloride
I had seen that before. Like I said, I don't doubt that you already knew that it was from the 2018 anniversary, and not from the 2016 anniversary like the tweet author said. But then I honestly don't understand why you posted the tweet.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm completely new but I'm so excited for Gen VII, can anyone tell me what we know about Reginos? I read the first post all the way thru but I can't guess if its real or not. I really hope it is, cause I'm from the UK and finally having a Pokemon game based here would be SO HYPE :D

Hi guys, I'm completely new but I'm so excited for Gen VII, can anyone tell me what we know about Reginos? I read the first post all the way thru but I can't guess if its real or not. I really hope it is, cause I'm from the UK and finally having a Pokemon game based here would be SO HYPE :D
The Reginos leak is from 2016. It’s most likely fake because there is no way someone would get that much information on the game back then.

We could still get a UK region though.

The Reginos leak is from 2016. It’s most likely fake because there is no way someone would get that much information on the game back then.

We could still get a UK region though.

Aw thats so sad. Well here's hoping the next region really is UK. When are Pokemon games usually released? Isn't it every year? Could we perhaps see Gen 8 next year?

I don't know why some people are still supporting that leak. They're beating a dead horse.
I know right? Even under the assumption that it contained prototype ideas, it would still be treated as just that: prototype ideas. Things change a lot over the course of game development in general, and the Pokémon Gold Spaceworld demo datamine shows just how much can change over the course of development. The fact that people are treating something that has the possibility of being old, scrapped ideas as the most accurate deception of what's going to happen with Pokémon 2019 just doesn't feel that relevant at most.

Regardless of whether that rumor was an actual leak or a lucky guess, Plus and Minus is a bit too old to be used as a credible source for the future of Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom