• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah it had the ultra necrozma reveal, but no one really cared because we already knew about him by that time. but it was followed with a trailer -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwgVAV-yG4c

Really? The December's one? I really don't know then. Actually, I didn't see any website covering that, and I don't buy them or anything, so I thought nothing important had come out of it (about USUM).

Edit
Just out of curiosity, I searched it. And you're right! The magazine also came with an entire poster about Ultra Necrozma. And it's interesting that none of the sites I used as a source back in 2k17 had reported it.

I think that happened what you have said: as it had already been revealed by the trailer, and the game had already been released, people didn't care about. I even went back to check Serebii now, and he also didn't cover it.

Does anyone think it will be likely that Gen VIII will be on the 3DS? Cause I really don't hve the money for a Switch >.>;

It has already been announced that it will be on the Switch. >_<

Last edited:
Here we go!!
release is on july 12 on japan
DuSH7P6WoAAa469.jpg

Last edited:
If we were to get a region in the UK what kind of starters could we expect?
I don’t think the region necessarily indicates the starters. Hawaii isn’t particularly known for its owls and cats, and certainly not Tiger Mask or Archers.
France isn’t known for ninjas and/or frogs as far as I know too.

The tweet says something about visiting a hole at the shrine. I was a little confused at first, but a little research revealed that there is a hole at the shrine that is believed to have once contained a statue of Amida Nyorai who is traditionally part of a triad with Kannon and Seishi (known as the Amida Triad). Amida represents immeasurable light and infinite life. and Seishi represent Compassion/Mercy and Wisdom.

They could just be referencing Necrozma though.

So movie 22 has the official release date now? What are the odds we will see either a new Gen 8 Pokemon or a new feature that will be unique to gen 8 games (like mega evolution, z-moves) in it? If the Gen 8 games are really out in 2019, then we should at least have the titles by the end of February.

at least the movie stuff is always consistent
i wonder what they gonna have for gen 8 on it tho, my guess is mew getting new form so it can compete with mewtwo or just a new pokemon.

Hmmm...they must have other plans for Meltan/Melmetal then, since they have no reason to hide their existence.

Hmmm...they must have other plans for Meltan/Melmetal then, since they have no reason to hide their existence.
We don't know if they are hiding them or not yet. What we have for now is mewtwo cause it is the main focus of the movie anyway. We need the trailer and the poster to judge

Idk if any movie plotline details have been leaked, but my gut feeling is that Meltan/metal will be involved in the movie, perhaps as method for the antagonist to capture/control Mewtwo (cause Steel resists Psychic) and Mewtwo will mega evolve into Mega Mewtwo X in order to overcome them. I think it makes sense since Mewtwo X still has yet to make its anime debut.

I don’t think the region necessarily indicates the starters. Hawaii isn’t particularly known for its owls and cats, and certainly not Tiger Mask or Archers.

Actually, Asio flammeus sandwichensis (a.k.a. "Pueo") is a species of owl native to Hawaii. Pueo are one of the many types of ground-nesting birds that characterise habitats like Hawaii, and that have become severely threatened since the introduction of cats by European explorers. Its a very topical Hawaiian conservation issue, so I would definitely say its apt they made a cat & an owl the two starters in Alola.

France isn’t known for ninjas and/or frogs as far as I know too.
Do a google search of "France and frogs" and you might think twice about that last part.

Even though I've long dropped anything related to the anime a loooooooong time ago, I'm going to see this movie solely for Mewtwo.

Tbh mewtwo is the only legendary that can keep showing up in a number of movies and still keep them interesting, imo at least.

Actually, Asio flammeus sandwichensis (a.k.a. "Pueo") is a species of owl native to Hawaii. Pueo are one of the many types of ground-nesting birds that characterise habitats like Hawaii, and that have become severely threatened since the introduction of cats by European explorers. Its a very topical Hawaiian conservation issue, so I would definitely say its apt they made a cat & an owl the two starters in Alola.

The Pueo owls are endangered but cats are not mentioned as a particular reason in the Wikipedia article on them.

France and frogs does give some interesting results and I acknowledge that point, but foxes and France on googling do not seem to share such a link.

There might be a loose link on the starters and their region, but it isn’t nothing more than a loose link in the finer basis for inspiration imo. Prediction based on only region location alone isn’t really reliable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom