• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure if any other legendary got as much focus and forms after so many years it can be interesting too.
Well no other legendrey have his design which already make them less interesting for me lol

The Pueo owls are endangered but cats are not mentioned as a particular reason in the Wikipedia article on them.

The Hawaii govt. discusses the feral cat problem in detail on their website.

France and frogs does give some interesting results and I acknowledge that point, but foxes and France on googling do not seem to share such a link.

There might be a loose link on the starters and their region, but it isn’t nothing more than a loose link in the finer basis for inspiration imo. Prediction based on only region location alone isn’t really reliable for me.

Who needs reliability when you have wild speculation XD

Honestly, I don't find Mewtwo interesting at all, the clone plot has been overused to death at this point as many other media franchises also use it as part of their plot. There are legendary Pokemon with lore that are a lot more interesting than just a clone.

Honestly, I don't find Mewtwo interesting at all, the clone plot has been overused to death at this point as many other media franchises also use it as part of their plot. There are legendary Pokemon with lore that are a lot more interesting than just a clone.

This is why I don't watch the movies anymore. I tried until like movie 9, but instead of discussing complex emotions and motivations, they just seem to have devolved into "bad guy wants [new legendary] because they are bad, anime cast + movie specific cast stop them because they are good". Some explosions and jumping pokemon happen throughout. The end. Now pls buy our merch.

This is why I don't watch the movies anymore. I tried until like movie 9, but instead of discussing complex emotions and motivations, they just seem to have devolved into "bad guy wants [new legendary] because they are bad, anime cast + movie specific cast stop them because they are good". Some explosions and jumping pokemon happen throughout. The end. Now pls buy our merch.
You've literally described every movie and anime episode of this series. Why should we expect M22 To be any different?

To summarize: M22's sole writer is Takeshi Shudo, M01's writer, but he passed away 8 years ago. So unless there's a second writer that doesn't want to take credit that means chances of Meltan, Melmetal, a Gen8 mon and a New Mewtwo form being featured have greatly diminished.

There might be a loose link on the starters and their region, but it isn’t nothing more than a loose link in the finer basis for inspiration imo. Prediction based on only region location alone isn’t really reliable for me.

I agree. If you could travel to the past and show someone the Alola starters they'll never guess which region they come from. They always looked very urban to me because of the circus theme.

I agree. If you could travel to the past and show someone the Alola starters they'll never guess which region they come from. They always looked very urban to me because of the circus theme.

I thought they were based on general performers, not circus ones. Primarina is an idol, Incineroar is a heel wrestler and Decidueye is a circus archer.

So, from what some people are commenting about a staff member, the movie really will be in CGI...That's bad imo. I don't like CGI movies, unless they're super-produced, like the ones from Pixar and DreamWorks.

On the script, it is interesting to note that only Shudo's name appears as a writer, which means that at least we will not have many changes compared to the first movie. Still, I would not rule out a new Pokémon or a new form of Mewtwo appearing. They need to promote the next generation in some way, I think.

They could use a Pikachu short to promote Meltan/Melmetal and anything new. Not to mention that there is a (probably) bigger movie they could use for that.

And that kind of promotion is hardly necessary, anyway. Something like Meltan's Go debut would probably be more effective these days.

To summarize: M22's sole writer is Takeshi Shudo, M01's writer, but he passed away 8 years ago. So unless there's a second writer that doesn't want to take credit that means chances of Meltan, Melmetal, a Gen8 mon and a New Mewtwo form being featured have greatly diminished.

Not true, we already have information from merchandise leaks that there will be a new Mewtwo variation that will be revealed in February to coincide with the film which hints at a new form . We also have information on another merchandise leak that there will be another mystery Pokemon that will be revealed in early 2019 that will be connected to the film. That mystery Pokemon will either be Meltan or a new generation 8 Pokemon. So it is safe to say that this new film will not be a straight copy from the first film.

My guess is that it will be similar to the "I choose you" film where Takeshi Shudo was also credited in the film since the first 15 minutes were from episode 1. I believe a lot of the film will be similar to Mewtwo strikes back which is why Takeshi Shudo is credited but there will be new lines and more things added to the plot like a new Mewtwo form and Meltan or a new generation 8 Pokemon being added to the story which is why it is called Mewtwo strikes back Evolution.

I don't know, I still don't think it's another Mewtwo forme. Aside from being horribly controversial (possibly even worse than female Mewtwo), it would be overkill. Let's just say it will turn Mewtwo from something popular to a scrappy. I hope they brace themselves for the ****storm that will come if they go through with that.

They could use a Pikachu short to promote Meltan/Melmetal and anything new.

Oh, yeah, maybe so. And about Meltan and Melmetal, they can appear in the anime too. And in their case, as they were the first Pokémon discovered in a different way (almost as if it were a real-life Pokémon), I would not even be sure if they really must appear in any other media, although it is likely to happen.

Not to mention that there is a (probably) bigger movie they could use for that.

I thought about that too...But recently, that fan who helped them to make the realistic Pokémon of the movie, said something like "hey, if you want help making real new Pokémon from gen 8, call me" or something. So, that lead me to believe that in live action we will not see any new Pokémon.

And that kind of promotion is hardly necessary, anyway. Something like Meltan's Go debut would probably be more effective these days.

That's a good point. I'm just relying on previous marketing standards. But they could do something totally different now. Even so, I still think we'll have something new in the movie, even if it's in a short.

Myth said:
But recently, that fan who helped them to make the realistic Pokémon of the movie, said something like "hey, if you want help making real new Pokémon from gen 8, call me" or something. So, that lead me to believe that in live action we will not see any new Pokémon.
Hmm. While I wouldn't bet on that movie having a new Pokemon, what that person said might have been fueled by designing a new Pokemon in live action form. It could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom