• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like movie trailer is tonight
"12月20日早上6:05的「おはスタ」節目可能將搶先公開「超夢的逆襲 EVOLUTION」首部預告片"

it didn't get posted anywhere else so i'm not sure how credible it is, it's from some jpns facebook page.

Let's be fair, the trailer is just going to be some ominous close-ups of Mewtwo and then we see him wrecking shit.

Because Mewtwo wrecking shit is cool. Cool shit is hype.

Hype is Mewtwo.

Should we get our hopes up ? It is Oha Suta after all lol Hopefully they give us something new in the 30 seconds worth hyping about.

I wonder if we wont get a trailer this month. Given the mysterious way they're hyping it up, if they were to skip a movie reveal this month I do think it could bode well for perhaps a more exciting trailer next month

Last edited:
I wonder if we wont get a trailer this month. Given the mysterious way they're hyping it up, it they were to skip a movie reveal this month I do think it could bode well for perhaps a more exciting trailer next month
The trailer is on its way, that tweet was pretty clear. Don't think we have to wait till next month or that we should expect anything big in it. Usually teaser trailers are really short and do not contain anything really relevant. It will probably focus on Mewtwo or on the CGI upgrade.

January- new mainline game inside a new Gen, so high probability of a reveal of some sort
February- even higher if no news in January
March- historical month for movie news
April- more movie news with a small possibility of some/small info about new games
May- high probability of info on new games
June and July- small probability of new games news and theatrical release in Japan of movie
August- historical month for info on new games, track record on amount of news is inconclusive, could be a lot, like with XY, or small, such as SMUSUMLGPE.
September- some news on new games
October- generally final bit of news about new games before release in...
November- release of new games
December- small bit of news about new movie next year

Of course, this us ALL subject to change, but this is generally the cycle we expect every year.

As this is a new generation for the Switch, i'm expecting the pre-release season to be very intense and have a lot to show off. This is going to be a huge and exciting year for Pokemon.

I wonder how the people would react if what they did was a shot-for-shot remake...

On a serious note, I wonder if they will include some of the unused scenes from the first movie, like Jesse and James on top of what I think is a battleship, or Pikachu riding Pidgeotto.

EDIT: Clarity.

Last edited:
if they talked about the movie what they said?

I’ve heard that tpci assigned another group of translators to localize Chinese version, so nothing happened. But still cant make sure that old sources won’t work again later on.

With every new information we get the situation around Riddler becomes more and more confusing.

If he had information about Sun and Moon games in April 2015 (as you stated previously), there is no way of him being a common localization team member, and his leaks were probably intentional moved by the marketing department.

But on the other hand, the possilbity of him not being a common localization team member is unlikely for several reasons (seeing some old posts of him, and even the recent post where he talks about the new movie, I really don't think he knew more than a common localization team member about Sun and Moon, and I don't think he know more than we do about the next games).

At the same time, haven't he said back in May that the localization of the game was "in progress"?

Edit - Corrected the sentence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom