• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it isn't a "Hawaiian" or "very tropical", or a tropical flower by any means. But it can still be used to refer to warmer places by its meaning (flower of the sun, warm) and its origin. And even in Canada, it need a climate that we could consider as "warm" for cultivation (temperate, in the case of Canada). Although it is a sturdy flower, it still needs hot soil to be sprouted, and unlike other flowers, it doesn't grow well away from the sunlight.

And well, I agree, those pictures don't mean anything about the next games, are just common Christmas and anniversary photos.

I was assuming that these are types of flowers that grow in Hawaii. Though if you should look at the yellow summer lighting, it gives the impressionable hint of somewhere warm and hot. Whilst it's normal white lighting for the Christmas tree. Maybe it's all just a coincidence, but you can still wonder the theming of what might come next.Like someone had speculated in the past.

Gen 1: Modern (Kanto/Tokyo), Gen 2: Traditional (Johto/Osaka), Gen 3: Hot and Tropical (Hoenn/Kyushu), Gen 4: Cold and Snowy (Sinnoh/Hokkaido) - Japan
Gen 5: Modern (Unova/New York City/USA), Gen 6: Traditional (Kalos/France/EU), Gen 7: Hot and Tropical (Alola/Hawaii/USA), Gen 8: Cold and Snowy (???) - International

Don't ask me why, but from this pattern here, I have a hunch that it could be the UK or any northern country of the EU that would fit the pattern like Ireland, Germany, Denmark and Sweden, or even Finland, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Canada, or Russia. There is also the flags. New York City's flag, though supposed to represent the Dutch flag, is in similar shape to the French Tricolours, and Hawaii's flag has a Union Jack on it.

But again, this is all just speculation.

Last edited:
Gen 2: Traditional (Kalos/France/EU), Gen 7: Hot and Tropical (Alola/Hawaii/USA),

Kalos isn’t really linked to tradition... but Alola on the other hand is one of the most culturally and traditionally focused region we’ve had till now- the system of trials, Alola's greeting, process of creating a new league make it more traditional than Kalos.

Kalos was more about beauty and aesthetics.

Kalos isn’t really linked to tradition... but Alola on the other hand is one of the most culturally and traditionally focused region we’ve had till now- the system of trials, Alola's greeting, process of creating a new league make it more traditional than Kalos.

again, these are speculations. Spain maybe a favorite location for Game Freak, it may take many years and a few Gens before making the region if that's the case. Though, it wouldn't fit well in the Kalos story if it's a sequal to Gen 6. Maybe? Only time will tell.

Alola is the most cultural region we've had honestly because it draws so much from Hawaii and the associated languages and traditions.

hmmm international... if me mix spain, italy and greecy then even snowy mountains can be in it.
the relation to France and Kalos is in, and we got also a lot of sound possibilities in it. Also some had colonies.
The pokemon so or so will have international touch.

when it comes to the Mewtwo movie then gen 8 will be shown somehow probably in it this time.

Part of me wants to believe they are going to show something, but the last time we saw blanks, they were things we have already seen, although with Zeraora it was thanks to the dataminers.

The time that it is going to be revealed is the same time the mythical was revealed for the last two movies. It is plausible, but we cannot be for certain. Not to mention that this is only anime related. If you're worrying that it's going to take that long for them to reveal the next game, I do not think they're going to take that long.

The time that it is going to be revealed is the same time the mythical was revealed for the last two movies. It is plausible, but we cannot be for certain. Not to mention that this is only anime related. If you're worrying that it's going to take that long for them to reveal the next game, I do not think they're going to take that long.
Yeah. The only way that I can see these games being revealed later is if they are not actually Gen 8.

I think jan-feb is most likely. They've already hyped the gen up a few months ago, and if this truly is the biggest generation yet they're gonna want the majority of the year to themselves for reveals, and just for having the games in peoples thoughts all the time.

We could literally be like weeks away from an announcement. In terms of movie reveals, history dictates that we're near guaranteed to get something new, that shouldn't really be a question.

I'd like another region in europe just for the sake of things being even lol, 4 jp regions, 2 American, and 2 European just makes things look nice and neat

4AF80778-1557-4009-BABD-4A755BAE9D75.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom