• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2018-12-23_17-1-50.png

He's spoken

It makes thought me something about Mewtwo's new form could be when I was watching Paul Ryan's Mewtwo videos and Ruffled's video.

I am thinking that Mewtwo's getting a human form,because I has mentioned that Mew has an ability to shapeshifting into different pokemon. Maybe Mewtwo can shapeshift,too, but only in human form;because there's a theory that he has sliced with human's DNA.

I am thinking that they are hinting that the gen 8 is going to introduce Pokemon/human hybrids,but I think it is going to have to do with new evil team's sinister plot for gen 8.

Remember Plus and Minus rumors that says the evil team want to stick with one pokemon as their partner until they dies? I known it sounds dark,because Maybe the evil team want to fuse with their pokemon by becoming one with their pokemon in order to let them stay inside them forever. I am thinking the evil team's main goal to kidnap trainers and force fuses with their favorite pokemon to stay together forever as one. I think they want to do that,because probably they thinks fusing with pokemon could be evolution if they becomes with their pokemon. I am thinking the protagonist (probably becoming Pikachu or Eevee Hybrid) will end up falling victim to the evil team's sinister plot in the beginning of the game when you were looking for the protagonist friend who's turn out to be a natural hybrid,because the Protagonist's friend's father will turn to be one of the legendary pokemon (it's depend on the Mascots of which games). But Probably Mewtwo will wind up save the main character in his human form and the protagonist will turn toward Mewtwo to help the protagonist to help to rescue their friend from the evil team and teach the protagonist to use their pokemon pokemon to defeat them.

I known it is very dark story plot,but I would love that we will get powers like pokemon and can able to use pokemon moves to catch pokemon in the 8th gen games.;) I thought it was a cool idea.

Last edited:
Well, technically, IIRC, trainers were originally going to fight alongside their Pokémon similar to Shin Megami Tensei, but that was canned. It's possibly the reason why some Trainers had whips in Gen I (if we don't go by the obvious implications...) However, I don't think they will revisit that concept.

Yeah I honestly dont think this will happen lol Gamefreak isn't Square, Platinum Games or Monolithsoft.

You'll likely get your typical Gen 5,6 7 story where it has dark or questionable elements but you don't really see anything. Lusamin's frozen pokemon collection is the only real source of visualised evil we have seen thus far in 20 or so years of Pokemon.

Yeah I honestly dont think this will happen lol Gamefreak isn't Square, Platinum Games or Monolithsoft.

You'll likely get your typical Gen 5,6 7 story where it has dark or questionable elements but you don't really see anything. Lusamin's frozen pokemon collection is the only real source of visualised evil we have seen thus far in 20 or so years of Pokemon.
You are forgetting Ghetsis trying to kill the player in B2W2.

Remember Plus and Minus rumors that says the evil team want to stick with one pokemon as their partner until they dies? I known it sounds dark,because Maybe the evil team want to fuse with their pokemon by becoming one with their pokemon in order to let them stay inside them forever. I am thinking the evil team's main goal to kidnap trainers and force fuses with their favorite pokemon to stay together forever as one. I think they want to do that,because probably they thinks fusing with pokemon could be evolution if they becomes with their pokemon.
The +- rumors (which were disproven years ago) also had a specific goal already described for them in the leak. If it was true, it wouldn't fit your theory.

Lusamin's frozen pokemon collection is the only real source of visualised evil we have seen thus far in 20 or so years of Pokemon.

idk, Lysandre going all homicidal and making a giant crystal flower cannon rise from the ground, wrecking a town in the process, threatening to destroy a land full of people with it by draining the life force of a Pokemon to power up said weapon, and then actually firing it could be considered evil.

But Lusamine's extreme one member klepto club exhibit is rather creepy. Like, are they even alive in there...?

We get the typical kiddy version, nothing happens or is seen and gets thwarted. I mean he's no Malos lol

When it's up to your imagination, it can be as bad as anything.

That said, in what universe is being an inch away from being fatally penetrated from all sides by icicle spears a 'typical kiddy' version?

How would You react if Onix got a seperate new evolution line in a new region?
or if other pokemon like Scyther...
for me it's weird that lets say Frosslas and Slowking didn't get Megas but Glalie and Slowbro did.
Also Scizor and Scyther that have the same base Stats...
rock/ghost with ability Iron Drain ability making it immune to steel type attacks

idk, Lysandre going all homicidal and making a giant crystal flower cannon rise from the ground, wrecking a town in the process, threatening to destroy a land full of people with it by draining the life force of a Pokemon to power up said weapon, and then actually firing it could be considered evil.

But Lusamine's extreme one member klepto club exhibit is rather creepy. Like, are they even alive in there...?
According to one of the scientists in Aether Paradise, they are.

How would You react if Onix got a seperate new evolution line in a new region?
or if other pokemon like Scyther...
for me it's weird that lets say Frosslas and Slowking didn't get Megas but Glalie and Slowbro did.
Also Scizor and Scyther that have the same base Stats...
rock/ghost with ability Iron Drain ability making it immune to steel type attacks

So far, each new generation thankfully has included some unique cross-gen transformations! I am trying to remember, but i think it does go all the way back to Gen 2! I can't remember if there were new evolutions for earlier Pokemon in Gen 3, but, all Pokemon were given abilities which was huge!

There should be at least something quite exciting of this nature in Gen 8. Especially if it does turn out to be "open world-ish" as earlier interviews briefly anticipated, there could be more evolutions similar to Glaceon and Leafeon; that would depend on location, which could be very specific or more general!

I don't think they will make humans fuse with Pokemon, unlike Pokemon fusing with other Pokemon, having humans fusing with Pokemon would needlessly complicate the gameplay, in this case, it isn't like Kyurem or Necrozma where if they faint, you still had your other Pokemon to rely on. Basically, I highly doubt the humans in the Pokemon world would suddenly become part of the frontline in the battle, it just doesn't fit the modern times of Pokemon.

They might give the trainers some way to influence battles in game. Like a sort of rank for the trainer based on in game accomplishments. Higher ranks unlock various in battle effects. Or maybe something like Ash-Greninja limited to the starter might not be bad.

To me, I don't want humans fusing with Pokemon because it just seems that's the norm in which Pokemon change to another form only through major human influence. Whatever happened to the idea that the Pokemon should be after the form and not exclusively the trainer? This is one of the many reasons why I like Kyurem and Necrozma's fusions, as seen in the cutscene, the only trainer influence Kyurem needs to fuse is the use of the DNA Splicers, after that, Kyurem itself absorbs Reshiram or Zekrom, same idea of Necrozma fusing with Solgaleo or Lunala. This is why I don't want the idea of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves be cloned and named for future Pokemon generations. Heck, even Giratina can change into the Origin form by itself simply due to being in the Distortion World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom