• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they will ever introduce more cross-generational evolutions save for Eeveelutions, as much as I love them. Generation 4 is my fav for this very reason. But as we've seen with Gen 6 & 7 GF is unwilling to add more of them and instead created Megas & Alolas as a substitute. The reason for that might be the National Pokedex and the current numbering system. I think they want two avoid having families scattered throughout the Dex.

There are indeed several Pokemon who desperately need a new evolution, but the chances are slim to none. Instead they might receive some kind of permanent or non-permanent form.

They are also trying to save it until they reach their 1000th Pokemon.

I wish they would just get rid of the current numbering System and convert it to an ID number for every species and number the Pokemon by evolution family... and by the way make the Nidorans a gender difference with a split evolution.

I wish they would just get rid of the current numbering System and convert it to an ID number for every species and number the Pokemon by evolution family... and by the way make the Nidorans a gender difference with a split evolution.

That's just the sort of thing fans would say to a company that cannot accept ideas.

I can't tell what you mean by that.

I mean, fandoms, would suggest things to the company that makes the things that they love. Some like GF cannot accept ideas, whilst others would with fan-service that would ruin the show in general. Especially from the loud minority. All fandoms are like this, and those that are less known are the more fortunate lucky ones. So please do not expect any to accept suggestions and ideas anytime soon.

I have never pitched an idea of mine to GF, nor do I think anyone here has... This is a speculation thread.
I am just throwing around concepts I would like implemented because I like it organized.

Heres what google translate says

Artwork: First of all, the usual gf Chinese New Year pictures are open to the public. I wish that the next year will be a big dream of the year of the year. By the way, I will send a picture of the Tiangandi, which is the representative of the zodiac, followed by Yuchen and Jiawu (the official claim is Jiawu painting, but It should be the B-year-old picture of the year of the year, combined with the game of own horses and gemstones, and the pentathonic years. In addition, in 2006 and 16 years, the zodiac elements were not used to celebrate the tenth anniversary, and gf is not a year. The picture of the new year (others need to distinguish between the PC and the gf are different, the PC has no fixed theme for each year), and the person in charge of the chart is black 2 white 2 supervising Hiroo Hayano. As for the hill pigs suggesting the second generation? If there is no such thing, I want to see the real suggestion. Every year, I will say something similar, what a new era, surprises, and strive to bring words like your favorite works~
6 pictures
Download the Post APP and immediately enter the HD Vision
宝可信息禾舅 15
12-27 17:28
operating
2 Secretly returning to the pot of meat: After the Jingshan, another mysterious figure returned, and Yusuke Omura returned, so he said that he would not break. By the way, there are staff stickers in the past few days, the content does not say anything else, the gf technology has long been /vp/ posts have been taunting since a few years ago, as well as the big gods such as Scires openly in the Twitter screenshots The code structure is inefficient and inefficient, including the work path in the lgpe source code is not deleted, you can directly see the folder level of the gf project, etc., not much to say. However, if you really don’t have to pay for the work, you can’t wait for the high salary.

The picture above shows the tcg illustration of Omura's latest painting.

Miracle metamorphosis
2018-12-28 03:57
ad
Miracle MU returns! Level 1 optional magic swordsman, level 100 transfer job hidden occupation!

Miracle Metamorphosis View Details
宝可信息禾舅 15
12-27 17:28
operating
3 Movie news: The abnormality of the regular theater version next year did not start in the middle and early December of the previous year. It has been delayed until January 1st, and it is scheduled to announce new notices for the first time in 21 years, but considering this. The film is special, it is worth looking forward to next year's performance. Although the surrounding area can't predict the film arrangement 100%, it has a high reference value. The current news is that the super dream has a new state and a new small unknown treasure. Of course, because the screen script does not belong to people other than the first vine, the screen script The chance of change is not high, it may be completely cg re-made, so the surrounding may also be just like the hairstyle of Ibrahimovic. If you are a real-life movie, the North American schedule will be more important on May 10 next year. The supporting peripherals and TCG card groups have already been announced. If successful, the live-action movie series will become a new money-saving artifact and promotion means. Of course, there are only a handful of successful examples of successful reforms and live-action movies. If you want to make a big explosion and not violently die, then you have to gamble with the lottery. At present, there is a go in the development history of this ip. A global phenomenon-level explosion case, then, can Baoke Dream continue to hit the Universiade next year? In the domestic schedule, synchronization is more difficult, and other follow-up reports, but it should not be dragged into the domestic protection month~

咕咕 Terminator 11
12-27 17:29
operating
Pit
宝可信息禾舅 15
12-27 17:31
operating
4 2019 Complete new work known information:
A. The first is the qualitative statement of lgpe in the International Edition Raiders book: That’s because these games started off from the desire to rebuild the Pokemon series for the new home gaming console — Nintendo Switch.

Combining the new starting point for the next 20 years, says:
【图片】【定性】新作LGPE是宝可梦未来20年的起点~【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧
Ishihara Henghe and other interviews after the conference this year:
【补档】官方发布会新闻稿及问答环节全貌~【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧
增田顺一继续奶19年新作,同时针对LGPE联动性透露猫腻~【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧
Combined with good market performance, it can be inferred that the dual line line is basically determined. In the future, if the platform provided by Nintendo returns to the console split mode, the Pokémon Orthodox series can still respond robustly, instead of only launching derivative series on the home platform, or rpg but not following the orthodox routines such as xd, Arena and so on.
宝可信息禾舅 15
12-27 17:32
operating
B. The time when the new treasure can be booked will be published earlier than March/April next year, because the first clear (source) said that the surrounding area of Xinbao Dream will be open at the time of next year~

C. Implied? I haven’t concentrated on riddles for more than two years (although in fact, I’ve been talking in a few words in a few posts), because I’m not going to concentrate on things now. . . However, this year's results can be said, for example, the new treasure can be named to promote about 50% of the process, the game text has also started, but in fact there is a repair process when sm (current new work does not know whether it will have this stage The details can't be said anymore.) . .
However, in fact, it is actually suggested that there is some in the text of lgpe, and interested can be reviewed ==. . .
In short, next year is a big year for Bao Ke Meng, completely new work + double film + all-round development in various fields + two styles of style +. . .
Anyway, it should be very interesting, and the seven generations have passed anyway in the past three years, and it has no meaning for foreigners. However, the Chinese still have to commemorate it. This is the first three years of Chinese culture. Whether you are satisfied or not, look forward. Hey~

I don't know Mandarin, and no one I know can help me at the moment.

But looking at the images, and trying to interpret what is being said, I came to this:

1 - Here he seems to comment that the Game Freak New Year card has been posted. Some other information that I can't decipher what it means.

lUrIWj1.jpg

6xESTqY.jpg

EcxWpyU.jpg

MqtIaPW.jpg

rx36DAX.jpg

PWYejHa.jpg

2 - He refers to the fact that Ohmura, the head of the seventh generation art direction, seems to be back (He had withdrawn from the company, but there is a new TCG illustration made by him). He also says something more related to 4chan and SciresM, and the programming of the games, but I'm don't know what it's all about.

Y7TpNeD.jpg

3 - He cites that the schedule pattern of the movies has been broken (since we didn't get the teaser in middle December). And that we will receive new information about on January 1st. Then, he seems to refer to the next movie products (I believe he is referring to the products revealed by Pokeshopper). And then he refers to the chance of the next movie being made entirely in CG. He cites that the live action will be released on May 10, and cites about the TCG and other products related to the live action. And says a few more things about the success of the movie, and GO (I guess).

4aB1sQG.jpg

9HNl22y.jpg

fAqnSOB.jpg

G66UJZi.jpg

4 - A. He cites something similiar to what Masuda talked about Let's Go being the foundation for the upcoming games in a interview. He seems to say that the information comes from the Official Trainer's Guide.

5ihRLqr.jpg

xBmNevS.jpg

So he quotes what Masuda said in the interview too. And some interviews from Ishihara.

Then he says a few more things about the consoles of Nintendo, and home consoles and handhelds, and about the traditional series of Pokémon. I don't know what exactly he is meaning here.

B. He seems to be saying about the products to be revealed in March/April.

TeMUS9S.jpg

C. He says he hasn't do riddles for two years now, because he's not focused/interested in it now. So he says some things that I don't understand what it means. And that "in short": next year will be a big year for Pokémon.

And he ends by saying that although it doesn't mean anything to foreigners, the Chinese community has much to celebrate, because it will be 3 years since the game localization process began there (I imagine he is referring to that).

Well, it was a superficial analysis, and some things may be wrong. But if someone is still lost about what is being said, this may help.

But I'm sure that forum users who know the language can help us with this. @Tensho @crobatair

Last edited:
It would be nice if the story didn't feel so linear. Like we could complete an aspect of it at any time and it would just flow naturally.

That's kind of hard to do while keeping a semblance of a plot.

I have seen videos of people using walk through walls cheats in BW which was one of the most linear regions if I recall and its very easy to mess up the game by talking to the wrong NPC at the wrong time because interacting with them activates event flags that are supposed to be activated in a specific order and if you don't do that you might never get certain key items which are required for the plot because the game thinks you already have them.

I feel like bw and b/w2 were the sweet spot when it came to blending linear story progression with exploration. Yeah you're generally railroaded into one area after the next, but how you tackle those areas and what you choose to do first in those areas is entirely up to you. I found it pretty enjoyable when I replayed it earlier this year. I'd love the next games to do that as I feel like it'd strike a nice balance between what gamefreak wants (more story focus) and what a lot of fans want (less handholding, linearity)

A mechanic I've always wanted is a logical and realistic damage multiplier system. The damage of a Water-type Pokémon that uses a Water-type move (STAB) is multiplied by 1.5x and 1x if it uses a non-STAB move, an Ice-type move for instance. The thing that I find to be illogical and unrealistic is that the damage of a Ground-type move that uses an Ice-type move is also multiplied by 1x. Why do I find this absurd? Because you'd think that a Water-type Pokémon should (genetically) be more proficient in using Ice-type moves than a Ground-type Pokémon, right? I would find it reasonable if the damage of a Ice-type move used by a Water-type Pokémon was multiplied by 1.25x and 0.75x if used by a Ground-type Pokémon. Although this is very unlikely, I hope that Gen 8 will have such a system...
While that does make sense, I think it'd be bad for balance. Water-types using Ice moves already gives them a good advantage against Grass, one of their only two weaknesses. Give them partial STAB, and we might as well consider Water another one of Grass's (many) weaknesses.
Using Dialga again would be reasonable, especially if a Sinnoh revisit is in the cards.
Sure, but so far, new games haven't used very many elements from the remakes of their generation. (RSE didn't feature many Kanto elements, DPPt didn't feature many Johto elements, etc) Which makes sense, because you wouldn't want the remakes to be focused on elements already included. Plus, would it really make sense to have remakes focus primarily on Dialga when it's only one of the cover mascots?
I believe they also wanted to wait for the better hardware to hold both regions convincingly, whereas the 3DS struggled just with Alola.
The 3DS' struggles were with battles, not with the region.

If you want to make a big explosion and not violently die, then you have to gamble with the lottery.

Miracle MU returns! Level 1 optional magic swordsman, level 100 transfer job hidden occupation!

As for the hill pigs suggesting the second generation?

Of course, because the screen script does not belong to people other than the first vine, the screen script The chance of change is not high, it may be completely cg re-made, so the surrounding may also be just like the hairstyle of Ibrahimovic.

If you are a real-life movie, the North American schedule will be more important on May 10 next year.
That's one heck of a leak. I can't even tell what parts of this are referring to Pokemon. (a lot of this seems to be about movies, which aren't even handled by Game Freak?)

That's one heck of a leak. I can't even tell what parts of this are referring to Pokemon. (a lot of this seems to be about movies, which aren't even handled by Game Freak?)

In fact, it looks just like a news bulletin.

But answering to comments below, he seems to say some things he believes about the upcoming games, but I'm not sure. Sadly, no one who could help me with this is available now.

Also, I think this piece isn't from his post:

Last edited:
I don't think they will ever introduce more cross-generational evolutions save for Eeveelutions, as much as I love them. Generation 4 is my fav for this very reason. But as we've seen with Gen 6 & 7 GF is unwilling to add more of them and instead created Megas & Alolas as a substitute. The reason for that might be the National Pokedex and the current numbering system. I think they want two avoid having families scattered throughout the Dex.

There are indeed several Pokemon who desperately need a new evolution, but the chances are slim to none. Instead they might receive some kind of permanent or non-permanent form.

I don't know- I do think that we didn't get cross-generational evolutions due to Megas and Alolan forms, but I am hoping that that was because they were introducing those concepts and did not want to overwhelm the new pokemon with new things for old pokemon, and not because they won't be doing that ever again... because come on, GameFreak. ;~; New evos and babies, please.

At this point we don't even need a new mechanic, we just need them to revisit all of the concepts they have introduced thus far. Except maybe Z-moves. We're good on Z-moves, right?

...also hooboy all this talk of Kalos- it's too soon to revisit Kalos, so let's not do that. Revisiting old regions is better left to remakes, I think. So while it would be cool to get a region that was at war with Kalos ages ago and get the other side to that bit, I think that would be better left to when it's Kalos's turn for a remake, so we could focus on the new region in its own game and then explore the story further with a remade Kalos.

regional variants and mega evo's pretty much solve of the issue of reaching 1000 pokemon too quickly so it would be incredibly puzzling to see gamefreak drop them in gen 8.

But of course gamefreak loves to isolate things to specific generations so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they ignored adding new regional variants and mega's and opted for something new.

Z-moves should definitely stay in gen 7 though. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom