• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, SM's reveal direct was removed about a month before USUM were revealed

Hard to say if coincidence or not but this could mean news around February which lines up with the stuff that's been covered in pokeshoppers videos

edit: apparently this didn't happen recently and was removed from the playlist since like september so it probably doesn't mean much. Still expecting feb announcement tho

Last edited:
As I speculated in one of my last posts, February is has the highest probability for a reveal, over January. It would make sense to get information sometime in February, although I am hoping that we get the big XY-like reveal in early January.

I keep betting on an announcement in early January, with starters, the legendaries, and a considerable amount of gameplay, just like XY. It seems the most correct thing to do from a marketing point of view, in the current context.

I hope unlike with XY, that Gamefreak dont run out of developmental time with the 3d models this time. I'm curious what render they will use ontop of the models this time, hopefully something like with LGPE where they had additional shading and colour over the 3ds. I wouldnt mind a more realistic take honestly.

I hope unlike with XY, that Gamefreak dont run out of developmental time with the 3d models this time. I'm curious what render they will use ontop of the models this time, hopefully something like with LGPE where they had additional shading and colour over the 3ds. I wouldnt mind a more realistic take honestly.

The 3D Pokémon models (which were probably the hardest to do) were made by Creatures.

I really hope they actually show gameplay the first time around. Sun and Moon didn't show gameplay whatsoever in its reveal and when they finally tried to show the picture of the box arts through Coro Coro, no major detail could be made out because of the stupid camera flash.

I really hope they actually show gameplay the first time around. Sun and Moon didn't show gameplay whatsoever in its reveal and when they finally tried to show the picture of the box arts through Coro Coro, no major detail could be made out because of the stupid camera flash.

Showing gameplay is the most logical thing to do. It's the first traditional game of the series on a home console, they need to show how it evolved over time. Also, they need to show to some how the game is different from LGPE.

gen 6, 7, and LGPE all use the same pokemon models. They're just shaded differently in each game. They were intentionally futureproofed although hopefully some adjustments are made in gen 8 so certain pokemon dont look like balloons and plastic toys

It's the render over the top that makes a difference.

Its the texture over top the pokemon models that makes that difference. As long as Gen 8 improves on this bringing some pokemon alive, ill be happy. LGPE did a overall good job with the colours and shades but theres room for improvement.

Model Textures.jpg

In Let's Go there have also been some texture changes. I believe the changes were made by Creatures too, but I'm not sure.

It will have to be something truly special to even get attention. More than just starters and legends. I am tired of the campaign revealing everything before release. I am not going to follow every info this time, so it had better look incredible right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom