• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A "leak" from /vp.

>Pokémon Marble & Pokémon Slate.

>Honoi Region. Semi Tropical. Not An Island Or Archipelago.

>Lion, Horse, Crane Starters.

>Professor Hickory. Studies Pokémon Folklore.

>Antagonist, Lawrence, From Alternate Timline In Canon. ORAS Vibes.

>Cryptids.

>Sudden GF Hype Around Scrapped/Beta Mons Will Make Sense.

>Pokédex Order Retconned To Fix Issues

A lot of this information is plausible. The initial trailer will tell if this is fake or not.

It will have to be something truly special to even get attention. More than just starters and legends. I am tired of the campaign revealing everything before release.
I'm really confused about this-if you want more information, why are you tired of GF revealing too much?
Issues like what? Closest thing to an "issue" is evolutions being out of the way. I seriously doubt they're gonna move all the Eeveelutions next to Eevee and move Mew from its 151 spot, considering they just made a big deal of the 151 in LGPE.
An anime-only character is now from an alternate timeline?

A "leak" from /vp.

>Pokémon Marble & Pokémon Slate.

>Honoi Region. Semi Tropical. Not An Island Or Archipelago.

>Lion, Horse, Crane Starters.

>Professor Hickory. Studies Pokémon Folklore.

>Cryptids.

>Sudden GF Hype Around Scrapped/Beta Mons Will Make Sense.

A lot of this information is plausible. The initial trailer will tell if this is fake or not.

The names and starters seem very plausible.

Not sure what cryptids means, but I will take a wild guess and say all those beta mons are considered cryptids in-universe considering the professor is studying folklore. Although I am unfamiliar with Lawrence and can' say for sure what he will bring to the table.

The names and starters seem very plausible.

Not sure what cryptids means, but I will take a wild guess and say all those beta mons are considered cryptids in-universe considering the professor is studying folklore. Although I am unfamiliar with Lawrence and can' say for sure what he will bring to the table.
The leak is referring to Lawrence III, the primary antagonist of the second Pokemon movie, Pokemon The Power of One.

I think that this is fake. I highly doubt that they would put a character who only appeared in a nearly two decade old Pokemon movie in the games and I also highly doubt that they would reorder the Pokedex.

Im going to see how it unfolds lol I immediately dismissed early SM leaks that mentioned that Burnett would not only be in Alola despite being from that old dream radar application as well as being Kukui's wife.

Just updating this:
But answering to comments below, he seems to say some things he believes about the upcoming games, but I'm not sure. Sadly, no one who could help me with this is available now.

I was wrong, there wasn't any relevant information about the upcoming games in the answers he made below either. He only says something about Sun and Moon having two different story scripts, and in another response something about Swinub and Piloswine being in this New Year photo. But there are still things about the main posts that I could not identify what it is about. It doesn't seem anything relevant to me, but maybe someone with language knowledge can help us on.

Last edited:
Anyone else think the original post needs updating? Especially with the recent rise of leaks as we come into 2019?

Yes; most notably, the April 2018 starter leak needs to be moved to the fake section because those were debunked like 500 pages ago. The original deviant art page was found. There's been a couple new starter artwork since then too. The 4chan leaks have been pretty bland, but I'd be okay with adding the Harmo Region one. (Was that the name?) The one that said the region would be Spain and there would be heavy musical symbolism and Soul Songs or something.

No, I didn't but thank you. I probably won't do it because I'm too lazy and if it were up to me, I would remove everything from the Unconfirmed section. It's probably best to just wait a couple months and see if any part of a leak lines up with the first information drop. I just find it amusing how old some of the leaks are.

Is it me, or is the Japanese Direct that revealed Pokkén Tournament DX & The Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Announcement Trailer been removed on the Nintendo of Japan Youtube Channel ? The English ones are there, but the Japanese videos have been removed unless I'm mistaken.

Also the 'beta design hype' was not made by GameFreak. The gold/silver demo was leaked by someone other than GameFreak if I’m not mistaken.
The only recent thing GameFreak have done resembling 'beta design hype' is namedropping Gorochu.

P.S.- I'm waiting for the direct just so the 'Unconfirmed' section can be cleaned. It’s filled to the brim with probably-fake leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom