• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the 'beta design hype' was not made by GameFreak. The gold/silver demo was leaked by someone other than GameFreak if I’m not mistaken.
The only recent thing GameFreak have done resembling 'beta design hype' is namedropping Gorochu.

P.S.- I'm waiting for the direct just so the 'Unconfirmed' section can be cleaned. It’s filled to the brim with probably-fake leaks.

uuummmmmmm
1545931781300.png

http://i.********/vp/1545933701329.jpg

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (1).jpg
View attachment 114688 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114688 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114688
A "leak" from /vp.

>Pokémon Marble & Pokémon Slate.

>Honoi Region. Semi Tropical. Not An Island Or Archipelago.

>Lion, Horse, Crane Starters.

>Professor Hickory. Studies Pokémon Folklore.

>Antagonist, Lawrence, From Alternate Timline In Canon. ORAS Vibes.

>Cryptids.

>Sudden GF Hype Around Scrapped/Beta Mons Will Make Sense.

>Pokédex Order Retconned To Fix Issues

A lot of this information is plausible. The initial trailer will tell if this is fake or not.
Here are some 4channel screenshots of another thread two days ago which was 404'd for reasons idk

He also said that games will be harder than before.

Last edited:
View attachment 114690 View attachment 114691 View attachment 114688 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114688 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114688
Here are some 4channel screenshots of another thread two days ago which was 404'd for reasons idk

Seems a few people are tossing the idea of EU / London for the next region, It would be really interesting. Really like those starter concepts.

Water/Dragon would be OP for a starter tho. Only Dragon and fairy to worry about.

Primarina only has two weaknesses as well in Electric / Poison and hits Fighting, Dragon and Dark super effectively instead of Dragon just beating Dragon. Given that starters have a base stat total of 525-535 that would be the balancing factor given most water starters have very average to low speed. Dragon doesnt seem so over powered honestly now.

Last edited:
Twin of Miracles and Calamity is such a different naming choice that I almost ready to believe it.
View attachment 114690 View attachment 114691 View attachment 114688 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114688 View attachment 114689 View attachment 114688

Why would they trademark miracle twins but not calamity twins?

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ninsoup/status/1066405924900868098

Heres what google translate says

Artwork: First of all, the usual gf Chinese New Year pictures are open to the public. I wish that the next year will be a big dream of the year of the year. By the way, I will send a picture of the Tiangandi, which is the representative of the zodiac, followed by Yuchen and Jiawu (the official claim is Jiawu painting, but It should be the B-year-old picture of the year of the year, combined with the game of own horses and gemstones, and the pentathonic years. In addition, in 2006 and 16 years, the zodiac elements were not used to celebrate the tenth anniversary, and gf is not a year. The picture of the new year (others need to distinguish between the PC and the gf are different, the PC has no fixed theme for each year), and the person in charge of the chart is black 2 white 2 supervising Hiroo Hayano. As for the hill pigs suggesting the second generation? If there is no such thing, I want to see the real suggestion. Every year, I will say something similar, what a new era, surprises, and strive to bring words like your favorite works~
6 pictures
Download the Post APP and immediately enter the HD Vision
宝可信息禾舅 15
12-27 17:28
operating
2 Secretly returning to the pot of meat: After the Jingshan, another mysterious figure returned, and Yusuke Omura returned, so he said that he would not break. By the way, there are staff stickers in the past few days, the content does not say anything else, the gf technology has long been /vp/ posts have been taunting since a few years ago, as well as the big gods such as Scires openly in the Twitter screenshots The code structure is inefficient and inefficient, including the work path in the lgpe source code is not deleted, you can directly see the folder level of the gf project, etc., not much to say. However, if you really don’t have to pay for the work, you can’t wait for the high salary.

The picture above shows the tcg illustration of Omura's latest painting.

Miracle metamorphosis
2018-12-28 03:57
ad
Miracle MU returns! Level 1 optional magic swordsman, level 100 transfer job hidden occupation!

Miracle Metamorphosis View Details
宝可信息禾舅 15
12-27 17:28
operating
3 Movie news: The abnormality of the regular theater version next year did not start in the middle and early December of the previous year. It has been delayed until January 1st, and it is scheduled to announce new notices for the first time in 21 years, but considering this. The film is special, it is worth looking forward to next year's performance. Although the surrounding area can't predict the film arrangement 100%, it has a high reference value. The current news is that the super dream has a new state and a new small unknown treasure. Of course, because the screen script does not belong to people other than the first vine, the screen script The chance of change is not high, it may be completely cg re-made, so the surrounding may also be just like the hairstyle of Ibrahimovic. If you are a real-life movie, the North American schedule will be more important on May 10 next year. The supporting peripherals and TCG card groups have already been announced. If successful, the live-action movie series will become a new money-saving artifact and promotion means. Of course, there are only a handful of successful examples of successful reforms and live-action movies. If you want to make a big explosion and not violently die, then you have to gamble with the lottery. At present, there is a go in the development history of this ip. A global phenomenon-level explosion case, then, can Baoke Dream continue to hit the Universiade next year? In the domestic schedule, synchronization is more difficult, and other follow-up reports, but it should not be dragged into the domestic protection month~

咕咕 Terminator 11
12-27 17:29
operating
Pit
宝可信息禾舅 15
12-27 17:31
operating
4 2019 Complete new work known information:
A. The first is the qualitative statement of lgpe in the International Edition Raiders book: That’s because these games started off from the desire to rebuild the Pokemon series for the new home gaming console — Nintendo Switch.

Combining the new starting point for the next 20 years, says:
【图片】【定性】新作LGPE是宝可梦未来20年的起点~【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧
Ishihara Henghe and other interviews after the conference this year:
【补档】官方发布会新闻稿及问答环节全貌~【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧
增田顺一继续奶19年新作,同时针对LGPE联动性透露猫腻~【口袋妖怪吧】_百度贴吧
Combined with good market performance, it can be inferred that the dual line line is basically determined. In the future, if the platform provided by Nintendo returns to the console split mode, the Pokémon Orthodox series can still respond robustly, instead of only launching derivative series on the home platform, or rpg but not following the orthodox routines such as xd, Arena and so on.
宝可信息禾舅 15
12-27 17:32
operating
B. The time when the new treasure can be booked will be published earlier than March/April next year, because the first clear (source) said that the surrounding area of Xinbao Dream will be open at the time of next year~

C. Implied? I haven’t concentrated on riddles for more than two years (although in fact, I’ve been talking in a few words in a few posts), because I’m not going to concentrate on things now. . . However, this year's results can be said, for example, the new treasure can be named to promote about 50% of the process, the game text has also started, but in fact there is a repair process when sm (current new work does not know whether it will have this stage The details can't be said anymore.) . .
However, in fact, it is actually suggested that there is some in the text of lgpe, and interested can be reviewed ==. . .
In short, next year is a big year for Bao Ke Meng, completely new work + double film + all-round development in various fields + two styles of style +. . .
Anyway, it should be very interesting, and the seven generations have passed anyway in the past three years, and it has no meaning for foreigners. However, the Chinese still have to commemorate it. This is the first three years of Chinese culture. Whether you are satisfied or not, look forward. Hey~

Heres a better translation from 4channel

"1. Yusuke Ohmura returns to Game Freak after leaving.

2. It's the first time in Pokemon's history that the movie trailer wasn't released in December.

3. According to the merchandise, it seems that the pre-order for 2019 games would start around March or April.

4. The naming of Pokemon is around 50% finished at this stage.

I think he means Chinese names

5. The game's script has started too, but during SM, they changed the script later, so this could occur this time too.

rework/ repair
6. He heard that the movie will have a new Pokemon and a new form for Mewtwo."

Last edited:
Primarina only has two weaknesses as well in Electric / Poison and hits Fighting, Dragon and Dark super effectively instead of Dragon just beating Dragon. Given that starters have a base stat total of 525-535 that would be the balancing factor given most water starters have very average to low speed. Dragon doesnt seem so over powered honestly now.
But it won't have the usual elemental type weakness that starters usually have.
Sure Dragon isn't that OP now But Dragon/Water is still pretty good.
(primarina has a weakness in grass too)
I still like the concept of these starters.

I'm really interested at the sounds of these rumors. Twin of Miracle and Twin of Calamity are such interesting names. After Let's Go, these names don't sound all that unusual.

London being the region is also something I have seen being thrown around a lot. And it makes sense, there have been some connections. The map found in LGPE somewhat looks a bit like the UK (different placements of landmarks, same general shape). An episode of the Pokemon anime has Ash watching a show where the main character went to a faraway region that was very rainy and it looked quite similar to London in the backgorund, including what looked like the Big Ben.

And honestly, after Decidueye's secondary Ghost typing, Dragon as a secondary type on a starter does not sound just like a hope anymore. Pokemon has been breaking more and more boundaries recently. They are doing more new things, this change of pace we have going looks right.

Not only that, but Nintendo as a whole has taken quite a new direction with some of their games recently. Look at Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. Odyssey went back to that Sandbox Mario style that we haven't seen in like, 15 years or something before with Super Mario Sunshine. And it was jam packed with collectibles, way more than the other games.

And Zelda had basically a complete overhaul. It was like "Okay, remember a linear sequence of events you have to do in every past 3D Zelda game? Well forget that. Here's you're beautiful world to explore all on your own, no lack of items preventing you from going, and no NPCs making you go somewhere else first.

So seeing GameFreak go in a new type of direction with their next big Pokemon game makes a lot of sense. I am very interested by this rumor, and will be checking back frequently to look more into it.

Definitely think the UK region will be Gen 8, and Kalos will be post game. Game Freak do eventually do what fans want (2 regions in 1 game) and I believe this is why Z was scrapped. I think the gap between Gen 6 and Gen 8 was supposed to be 5 years but the success of Go and desire to make LGPE pushed it back to 6.
I believe they also wanted to wait for the better hardware to hold both regions convincingly, whereas the 3DS struggled just with Alola.
Either it’s gonna be UK or Spain. Judging from that one girl in sun and moon from another region clearly speaking Spanish.

All the starters so far have been weak in some way to the one who’s supposed to have an advantage over them, though. And this isn’t a baseless pattern, but a continuation of the rock/paper/scissors thing going on since the starters' base stage and to make type advantages like this intuitive.

I doubt that part of the experience will be removed by having a dragon type starter.

It would be so convenient if all the evolution families could be grouped together in the Pokedex. Might make it easier for the newcomers from Let's Go to discover the evolutionary lines instead of searching the Pokedex for them.

All the starters so far have been weak in some way to the one who’s supposed to have an advantage over them, though. And this isn’t a baseless pattern, but a continuation of the rock/paper/scissors thing going on since the starters' base stage and to make type advantages like this intuitive.

I doubt that part of the experience will be removed by having a dragon type starter.
No not really. Take the Sinnoh starters for example. Empoleon's steel typing made grass and fire do neutral damage to it. Whereas it also made it weak to the secondary typings of both Infernape and Torterra. Imbalance in the typings of final starter forms isn't something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom