• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally a quick google search proves your link wrong.

Oh! You're right. Still, there's a lot more to see in the UK than London and France (Northern France) than France, compared with New York State which has New York City.

London is also larger than New York so a London region might be plausible...

(But I don’t really want it to happen)

If there were to be a UK region. I think its focus would be on history, architecture and education (Oxford University, one of the oldest ones) is located there.

This fits in with Gamefreak adopting the more ‘sterotypical’ elements of the real wold inspiration.

These elements would be the first one to jump to someone’s mind at the thought of a UK region rather than the industrial revolution, since the industrial revolution is associated with the west as a whole generally instead of being isolated to the UK.

Oh! You're right. Still, there's a lot more to see in the UK than London and France (Northern France) than France, compared with New York State which has New York City.

Shouldn’t you be comparing UK and France to the US and not New York state?

Also, ‘There’s a kot more to see in UK than France’ is not really an objective statement... It also doesn’t mean that UK will be necessarily picked over just London since that means GameFreak can settle for less tourist spots.

An interesting realization is that the second types of the Alola starters all have the advantage over the the second types of the Kalos starter of the same type (Decidueye's Ghost type is immune to Chestnaught's Fighting type, Delphox's Psychic type is weak to Incineroar's Dark type, and Greninja's Dark type is weak to Primarina's Fairy type). Assuming that this pattern holds, then the Gen 8 starters' final evolutions will have second types that have the advantage over the second type over the Alola starter of the same type (Grass would be Dark or Ghost, Fire would be Fighting, Bug, or Fairy, and Water would be Poison or Steel).
this reminds me of the rumor of the grass lemur (dark) fire bunny (fighting or fairy) and water platypus (poison) -no idea if these rumored starters have been debunked

Those were all registered by Nintendo, whatever they are. It may not be related to Pokemon at all.

Well I did... And the Puik leak still hasn’t been updated :)
Just wait a bit. He's only human, it's not like he can do it instantly.
index.php
"Pokemon Twin of Miracles/Twin of Calamity""? Yeesh, and I thought Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee was a mouthful. (Plus, these games have a clear "good/bad" version, which isn't something done with any games-even Gen 6, with its cover legendaries representing life and death, chose the neutral names X and Y)

How come this guy knows what the region is based on, but he doesn't get into the inspiration behind the legendaries at all? (Also, nobody credible has misspelled Psychic as "Physic".)

Just wait a bit. He's only human, it's not like he can do it instantly.

"Pokemon Twin of Miracles/Twin of Calamity""? Yeesh, and I thought Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee was a mouthful. (Plus, these games have a clear "good/bad" version, which isn't something done with any games-even Gen 6, with its cover legendaries representing life and death, chose the neutral names X and Y)

How come this guy knows what the region is based on, but he doesn't get into the inspiration behind the legendaries at all? (Also, nobody credible has misspelled Psychic as "Physic".)

Anyone can make a leak and rumour like that. I mean just look at what happened during the hype before revealing and before releasing Sun and Moon?

Last edited:
I'm well aware of that. I'm saying this as arguments that he's lying, not trying to understand it.

However, there have been few leaks that have been proven, such as the starter's final evolution, the Z-Moves, returning faces. Whenever people criticise one side, they often forget that there are two sides to it. There might be some truth to it, but that remains to be seen.

Shouldn’t you be comparing UK and France to the US and not New York state?

Also, ‘There’s a kot more to see in UK than France’ is not really an objective statement... It also doesn’t mean that UK will be necessarily picked over just London since that means GameFreak can settle for less tourist spots.

True. If that would be the case, London would probably be better than nothing.

They probably chose New York out of all the areas in the US for being more of a recognisable city, it's where the Macy's Parade is held, the Nintendo Store is situated. Still, the US is a very large continent, whilst the UK is half the size of France. I'm pretty sure they would add more than just London. I mean we have Dover, the White Cliffs of Dover, Cotswold, Jurassic Coast, Devon and Cornwall, Nottingham, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, York, Cardiff, Giants Causeway, Belfast, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Highlands, I could go on forever with so much for such a small island and one part of another smaller one.

I'd be fine with Twin Of Miracles/Calamity being the titles. They sound cool. Though I do think they're more likely to be TCG related than game related.

I wish we'd get trademark leaks to go off like we did for sun/moon, where like the november before the game was announced we saw trademarks for solgaleo and lunaala pop up, as well as the japanese names for the starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom