• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, sometimes I write things that might be hard to understand. All we know is that there is evidence for the UK being a likely candidate from game hints, the Anime, the tree. It's just fun to speculate in order to pass the time.

I did hear of one there being a spanish tourist in Sun and Moon that I never heard of, hinting of a possible Spain. However with 3 warm regions already done, this is becoming too much.
Just wanna say that whatever hint you may have seen in the franchise doesn't necessarily show any "evidence" for a UK region. We usually see what we want to see in the games. For example I can say that next region will be China because Ryuki, who comes from another unknown region, is dressed like a chinese dragon with the colors of the chinese flag and chinese was added as an official language in the last games. But actually there's no evidence.
Imo anyway they won't go with UK, making another english speaking region after NY and Hawaii. I don't count Japan because it's where Pokemon where created but something related to Africa, Latin America or other parts of Asia would be more appreciated by me just to have another different environment in the pokemon world.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious even without his official answer. Just wanted to point out that a direct may be incoming.

@Champion Cynthia was clearly referring to a general attitude amongst some in the fandom that can't be respectful towards others and instead feel the need to turn this discussion into a contact sport where there are winners and losers. Rather than gang up on posters who post a theory you disagree with why not simply come up with your own theories and discuss them. This is supposed to be a friendly environment for all fans.
It’s a good thing no one in this thread is ganging up on anyone then.

Expressing disagreement is not “ganging up”.

According from what one speculated to what the next Region will possibly be, it's usually how popular Pokemon is in which country, Japanese tourism abroad, and the creator's choice. So far we have Japan (Gen 1-4), New York City, US (Gen 5), Northern France (Gen 6), Hawaii, US (Gen 7).

The next countries would probably be UK, Spain, Germany, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

China from what I've heard is only a recently new market.

That is all I have heard and known, and it is free to discuss what you think, but please don't shoot the messenger boy.

Last edited:
The mistake was not mine, you accused me of confusing the two and I explained to you that I did not, why not just accept that rather than go on the attack again,

Just to make it clear, there wasn't an "attack again" , there wasn't any attack to begin with.

this time using a different and unrelated argument.

Say that I understood your post in that way because it was out of context isn't an "attack". And it's not a different or an unrelated argument.

@Champion Cynthia was clearly referring to a general attitude amongst some in the fandom that can't be respectful towards others and instead feel the need to turn this discussion into a contact sport where there are winners and losers. Rather than gang up on posters who post a theory you disagree with why not simply come up with your own theories and discuss them. This is supposed to be a friendly environment for all fans.

Honestly, so far I have not seen anyone being disrespectful.

According from what one speculated to what the next Region will possibly be, it's usually how popular Pokemon is which country, Japanese tourism abroad, and the creator's choice. So far we have Japan (Gen 1-4), New York City, US (Gen 5), Northern France (Gen 6), Hawaii, US (Gen 7).

The next countries would probably be UK, Spain, Germany, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

China from what I've heard is only a recently new market.

That is all I have heard and known, and it is free to discuss what you think, but please don't shoot the messenger boy.
A market with bilions of people who would result in milions of copies sold but, again, yours is just speculation, which is ok but there's really no evidence that GF is choosing regions relying on how popular Pokemon is in that region. Why choosing Hawaii over Italy then...There are tons of Japanese tourists here and Pokemon is pretty popular too since 1996.

Screenshot_20181229-135640_Chrome.jpg
Looky here! All in January

Just to make it clear, there wasn't an "attack again" , there wasn't any attack to begin with.

Say that I understood your post in that way because it was out of context isn't an "attack". And it's not a different or an unrelated argument.

Honestly, so far I have not seen anyone being disrespectful.

We were talking about potential new regions and the make up of the UK.
I explained the correct composition which you then disputed saying I was confused. I proved to you that was not the case, rather than end it there you went on the attack again saying I was out of context. Just leave it, this is not a sport and I am not your opponent.

Well, at least this is not "LGPE reveal" bad.

On the topic of "one word names": I feel we never left them. I feel they just replaced the now-unused "Version" with "Let's Go".

Agreed

Red, Blue, Yellow
Gold, Silver, Crystal,
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum
Black, White
X, Y
Sun, Moon

All 7 generations have started with a pair of Mono titled games. I see no reason why Generation 8 would be different.
Of course nothing is set in stone, and it COULD be different, but it's not accurate to say we would be "returning to" Mono titled games when we never left them.

Agreed

Red, Blue, Yellow
Gold, Silver, Crystal,
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum
Black, White
X, Y
Sun, Moon

All 7 generations have started with a pair of Mono titled games. I see no reason why Generation 8 would be different.
Of course nothing is set in stone, and it COULD be different, but it's not accurate to say we would be "returning to" Mono titled games when we never left them.

You're right with them being in the 'Let's Go' rather than the mainstream versions part.

Also, you forgot Black 2, White 2, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon in that list.

@Champion Cynthia was clearly referring to a general attitude amongst some in the fandom that can't be respectful towards others and instead feel the need to turn this discussion into a contact sport where there are winners and losers.
Disagreeing is not inherently disrespectful. If it was, this thread would never be allowed to exist in the first place. The initial post, made by a mod, says one of the purposes of this thread is to discuss leaks and rumors. Discussion does not mean "no disagreeing allowed".

The closest thing to "winners and losers" that we have here is people being right or wrong on a fact. (like the earlier example of development time) Even then, nobody is treating it as "I won, you lost"-it's just "You're mistaken, here's a correction".
Rather than gang up on posters who post a theory you disagree with
Having the same opinion as someone else is not the same as ganging up with them.

And the only thing close to "ganging up on posters" was me and Icy Wind both posting that Piuk was proven fake-which isn't a theory, it's a fact.
This is supposed to be a friendly environment for all fans.
And yet, you've accused Myth repeatedly of being hostile and attacking you, despite him telling you that wasn't his intent. If you want this to be a friendly environment, then you shouldn't be assigning bad intentions to people who tell you otherwise.

Last edited:
Disagreeing is not inherently disrespectful. If it was, this thread would never be allowed to exist in the first place. The initial post, made by a mod, says one of the purposes of this thread is to discuss leaks and rumors. Discussion does not mean "no disagreeing allowed".

The closest thing to "winners and losers" that we have here is people being right or wrong on a fact. (like the earlier example of development time) Even then, nobody is treating it as "I won, you lost"-it's just "You're mistaken, here's a correction".

Having the same opinion as someone else is not the same as ganging up with them.

And the only thing close to "ganging up on posters" was me and Icy Wind both posting that Piuk was proven fake-which isn't a theory, it's a fact.

And yet, you've accused Myth repeatedly of being hostile attacking you, despite him telling you that wasn't his intent. If you want this to be a friendly environment, then you shouldn't be assigning bad intentions to people who tell you otherwise.

Perhaps if we would talk to each other eye-to-eye, it would be better understanding to what one is trying to say to the other and vice versa. These texting communications have always been notorious for misunderstanding, especially with poor grammar and being difficult to converse the right language. Technology has moved us together, but in some ways moved us further apart than ever before.

Last edited:
We were talking about potential new regions and the make up of the UK.
I explained the correct composition which you then disputed saying I was confused.

I didn't "disputed" anything. And your comment was out of context, so I thought you were confusing.

I proved to you that was not the case, rather than end it there you went on the attack again saying I was out of context.

Again, there wasn't an "attack again" , there wasn't any attack. Say that I understood your post in that way because it was out of context isn't an "attack".

Just leave it, this is not a sport and I am not your opponent.

I'm sorry, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion or with the thread subject. No one here is acting like that.

I don't pretend to talk about it anymore. If you believe that your comment wasn't out of context, it's all right too, we can friendly disagree about. But please, stop making these non-sense assumptions. Otherwise, you will be being really disrepectful.

Last edited:
I didn't "disputed" anything. And your comment was out of context, so I thought you were confusing.

Again, there wasn't an "attack again" , there wasn't any attack. Say that I understood your post in that way because it was out of context isn't an "attack".

I'm sorry, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion or with the thread subject. No one here is acting like that.

I don't pretend to talk about it anymore. If you believe that your comment wasn't out of context, it's all right too, we can friendly disagree about. But please, stop making these non-sense assumptions. Otherwise, it will be you who will be being disrepectful.

@Myth, @Defiant Please! Let's just call it a day already. Just make up and that's that.

@Myth, @Defiant Please! Let's just call it a day already. Just make up and that's that.

Agreed!

This has gone on far too long already and could have finished after the 3rd post. This is the last I will be saying on the matter.
If @Myth @TechSkylander1518 and @Icy Wind all choose to carry it on and follow up with more comments that is up to them, but I believe it should've been left and buried long ago.

Agreed!

This has gone on far too long already and could have finished after the 3rd post. This is the last I will be saying on the matter.
If @Myth @TechSkylander1518 and @Icy Wind all choose to carry it on and follow up with more comments that is up to them, but I believe it should've been left and buried long ago.
It would be better not to say anything. All you'll end up doing is feeding an already lit fire. Learn to be calm, forgive and forget. This forum is nothing new to me.

So, if Zygarde does indeed gets the focus, would it actually have a way to get the Complete form permanently but with the catch of having less Speed as a result? This could balance out the form if there would ever be a way to have it permanently, because at this point, I don't see Zygarde getting attention again without getting something new to complement it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom