• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if Zygarde does indeed gets the focus, would it actually have a way to get the Complete form permanently but with the catch of having less Speed as a result? This could balance out the form if there would ever be a way to have it permanently, because at this point, I don't see Zygarde getting attention again without getting something new to complement it.

I had the idea whilst thinking about Zygarde on my walk, and thought of the new Pokemon game being titled 'Pokemon A and Z'.

I know, it's naff of a title, but it's something.

Really looking forward to the first real news for Gen 8... people are checking every nook and cranny for hints now, and we really just need something obvious dropped at this point so we've got an idea of what to actually expect. XD

Doubt the Mewtwo trailer will give us anything, though, so I expect all the news of that will just be confirmation on whether or not it's CGI.

Really looking forward to the first real news for Gen 8... people are checking every nook and cranny for hints now, and we really just need something obvious dropped at this point so we've got an idea of what to actually expect. XD

Doubt the Mewtwo trailer will give us anything, though, so I expect all the news of that will just be confirmation on whether or not it's CGI.
CGI is probably the way to go for animation now, because of how cheap it is to make. Such a shame though, because there is always a charm with 2D animation.

I hope that there is proper news because theorists start fighting and devouring one and another. In the recent Ruffledrowlit video on theories on the UK being the next region, I saw in the comments one raging in doubt of the UK being a region, even bullying one casual person who tried to explain what the UK has to offer apart outside of London. No joke.

CGI is probably the way to go for animation now, because of how cheap it is to make. Such a shame though, because there is always a charm with 2D animation.

I hope that there is proper news because theorists start fighting and devouring one and another. In the recent Ruffledrowlit video on theories on the UK being the next region, I saw in the comments one raging in doubt of the UK being a region, even bullying one casual person who tried to explain what the UK has to offer apart outside of London. No joke.

TBH, this is also partially Ruffleds fault, since he treats some unconfirmed things as facts.

TBH, this is also partially Ruffleds fault, since he treats some unconfirmed things as facts.
Could be: Might be: That's what you should say when showing theories to everyone. Just because there are many hints rumouring Gen 8 being in the UK, doesn't mean that it might be. We just have to wait for what Game Freak have to reveal to us.

While the UK is by no means confirmed, I think it's legitimate to say it is currently the front runner in terms of odds, maybe Spain would be in 2nd place.
There are a variety of hints which point towards the UK. While a unique reference doesn't necessarily mean anything repeated or frequent references do point towards an overall pattern.

If Spain would become a Region, I would suspect, like Hawaii, being a special place for the creator's to go and have their vacation, they would probably and wisely save it for something special, like the 25th or 30th Anniversary.

If Spain would become a Region, I would suspect, like Hawaii, being a special place for the creator's to go and have their vacation, they would probably and wisely save it for something special, like the 25th or 30th Anniversary.
Both are a problem since 25th is 2021 And 30th is 2026. If it stays like every three years a New region, the next one will be 2022 and the one after 2025. So only 30th can be a possibility If they delay it one year

Both are a problem since 25th is 2021 And 30th is 2026. If it stays like every three years a New region, the next one will be 2022 and the one after 2025. So only 30th can be a possibility If they delay it one year
Sounds to me like Gen 10 then, which makes sense because around Gen 9 or Gen 10 will the reveal of GF's 1000th Pokemon.

All we got thus far is hints. Not proven solid yet, just a similar pattern that is pointing towards a possible direction.

This raises an interesting question for the the 25th anniversary, though. I would think that it would be a big deal especially since Pikachu is #025
If Gen 8 is revealed to be the UK with a Gen 4 remake, then I could possibly imagine Gen 9 being either China, Australia or New Zealand. Then Gen 10 being Spain with a Gen 5 remake.

But that's just speculations here.

1996-1998 Gen 1: Game Boy - Red and Green(JP) Blue. Yellow
1999-2001 Gen 2: Game Boy Color - Gold and Silver. Crystal
2002-2003 Gen 3: Game Boy Advance - Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald: Gen 1 Remake - FireRed and LeafGreen
2006-2007 Gen 4: Nintendo DS - Diamond and Pearl. Platinum: Gen 2 Remake - HeartGold and SoulSilver
2010-2011 Gen 5: Nintendo DSi - Black and White. Black 2 and White 2
2013 Gen 6: Nintendo 3DS - X and Y: Gen 3 Remake - OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
2016 Gen 7: New Nintendo 3DS - Sun and Moon. UltraSun and UltraMoon: Gen 1 Special Remake (Nintendo Switch) - Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.
2019 Gen 8: Nintendo Switch/Possible new model of the Nintendo Switch (???): Possible Gen 4 Remake - (???)
2022-23 Gen 9: New Nintendo Switch - (???): Gen 2 Special Remake - (???)
2025-26 Gen 10: New Console - (???): Gen 5 Remake - (???)

Last edited:
Gen 1: Game Boy - Red and Green(JP) Blue. Yellow
Gen 2: Game Boy Color - Gold and Silver. Crystal
Gen 3: Game Boy Advance - Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald: Gen 1 Remake - FireRed and LeafGreen
Gen 4: Nintendo DS - Diamond and Pearl. Platinum: Gen 2 Remake - HeartGold and SoulSilver
Gen 5: Nintendo DSi - Black and White. Black 2 and White 2
Gen 6: Nintendo 3DS - X and Y: Gen 3 Remake - OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
Gen 7: New Nintendo 3DS - Sun and Moon. UltraSun and UltraMoon
Gen 8: Nintendo Switch/Possible new model of the Nintendo Switch (???): Possible Gen 4 Remake - (???)
You forgot the Gen 1 Re-Remake in Gen 7. If we get a LGPE 2, it will probably be a Johto Re-Remake in Gen 9. Unless they start doubling up remakes because LGPE takes less time to develop and targets a different audience- which I think would be fine if we just get a new pair of games, a remake pair, and a Let's Go pair instead of direct sequels like USUM. Sequels tend to just be the original games with slight changes anyway so like... no loss there.

I think Sabrina's comment in LGPE that it will be 3 years before a trainer arises as strong as you is definitely a hint towards Let's Go 2, which would likely coincide with Gen 8. It wasn't in FRLG, and HGSS were more than 3 years after.

Could Gen 8 go back to the tradition of Gen 3 and 4 of being a 4 year generation?
2019 - Initial Gen 8 pair
2020 - DP remake
2021 - Let's Go 2 Johto
2022 - break/3rd instalment.

Honestly an European region would be a total turn off for me.

Don't get me wrong — it could probably be cool and such but as a Spanish myself I really enjoy regions based on another, faraway countries like USA or any other Asian country because they feel "different", rather than "uh, this is just Europe isn't it". Not sure if I'm explaining myself.

Kalos was cool and pretty comfey but I pretty much knew what to expect there — Mont Saint-Michel, Paris, Palace of Versailles, Normandy, etc. Getting a region based on India or Sri Lanka, as it has been discussed for a while, would actually make me more interested because I can get somewhat in touch with faraway countries and cultures, not "look it's Europe with Celtics and Irish stuff".

It is true tho that Unova had some Chineses stuff in the overall concept, but still.

I think Sabrina's comment in LGPE that it will be 3 years before a trainer arises as strong as you is definitely a hint towards Let's Go 2, which would likely coincide with Gen 8. It wasn't in FRLG, and HGSS were more than 3 years after.

Could Gen 8 go back to the tradition of Gen 3 and 4 of being a 4 year generation?
2020 - DP remake
2021 - Let's Go 2 Johto
I don't know, because the company has improved and streamlined development, so there's a reason it doesn't take as long anymore. Depends on what games they want to make within that period.

2020 - DP remake
2021 - Let's Go 2 Johto
I thought that was a call-back towards the fact that Sabrina in GSC said something along the lines of "I saw a vision of you three years ago" before you battled her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom