• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 'leaker' is looking a bit too much into things.
1. A sceptre is not really the most unusual outfit, since Santa Pikachu is quite overdone at this point and three outfits were required since even Eevee is featured now.
2. The candy cane thing makes no sense at all. Two canes crossed is the most common Christmas pattern for candy canes.

Crown and Sceptre can do fine as titles but I don’t know what kind of deeper meaning/contrast they can provide.
Even the most non-contrast-y titles (Diamond and Pearl) had Space/Time theme going on.

I think the 'leaker' is looking a bit too much into things.
1. A sceptre is not really the most unusual outfit, since Santa Pikachu is quite overdone at this point and three outfits were required since even Eevee is featured now.
2. The candy cane thing makes no sense at all. Two canes crossed is the most common Christmas pattern for candy canes.

Crown and Sceptre can do fine as titles but I don’t know what kind of deeper meaning/contrast they can provide.
Even the most non-contrast-y titles (Diamond and Pearl) had Space/Time theme going on.
Perhaps we’ll have to wait until we’ve see solid evidence from the upcoming trailer.

I think any leak mentioning UK at this point can go to the fake and piggybacking bunker. If anyone noticed there had been a sudden surge in:

1. Spain leaks when people found so-called Tapu and Oricorio connection and GameFreak's visit.
2. India and Sri Lanka when Piuk arrived. In this period some also revised their interpretations of Ryuki to be Indian or Chinese.
3. India and Sri Lanka intensifies as Piuk's presence strengthens.
4. This also led to a surge in 'leaks' with Twins, Snakes, and Dragons which were in line with Piuk's plot. Once sudden connections to Unova surfaced, the amount of Unova related leaks also skyrocketed.

LGPE released and there was a period of turmoil.

5. There is no popular leak immediately afterward so no leak material to piggyback on for dear 4chan.
6. Now people want a UK region and suddenly UK 'hints' are popping up left and right.
7. 4chan gladly leaps along a new leak template with a UK base.

(This also happened in the starters department with sudden surges in bunny and calf fire starters)

This particularly long leak season should be a lesson on how personal biases can distort so called hints and how the popularity of certain theories leads to a corresponding increase in fakes with these theories.

Any 4chan leak mentioning UK would be piggybacking at this point. What’s stopping me from going to 4chan, posting a UK a leak and being considered a leaker with a 'hint of truth' on these forums?

This is a request to keep an open mind, and most importantly distinguish between what GameFreak should do and what Gamefreak would do. This is an important distinction we miss these days.

These few years have been full of turmoil with Stars, USUM, Speculation and Let's Go.
So let's face the upcoming exciting ride ahead with these few lessons!

(Edit: I'm sorry for the wall of text, and apologies if I come across as preachy. It wasn’t the intent.)

Last edited:
At least we have a semi-concrete release date of 2019, now for a teaser trailer or a direct to make it fully concrete with a more specific release date.

They never really hyped a trailer that much for a movie, makes me thinking something is gonna be on it/tease something for later date

A 1:1 remake to promote Let's Go might also happen. Look at the way 'Evolution' is tacked on the poster.
They also recreated the original anime opening in the Let's Go engine, so the movie’s might cater to the same demographic on a larger scale.

I'm currently cautiously optimistic for the trailer. The hype maybe because of something new but it may even be due to LGPE's wider appeal.

“I don’t care if you don’t believe me, you’ll find out soon enough.” Whether or not that leak is real remains to be seen, but with that quote I’ve rehearsed from him/her, It’s probably best to stay vigilant about this one. I’ve never heard a leak stating this quote before.

“I don’t care if you don’t believe me, you’ll find out soon enough.” Whether or not that leak is real remains to be seen, but with that quote I’ve rehearsed from him/her, It’s probably best to stay vigilant about this one. I’ve never heard a leak stating this quote before.

It’s prettu common for 4chan leaks to start with smug quotes.

4chan is purely anonymous so they don’t really care about long-term trust.
It’s a sespool of lies and immoral behavior, and yet out of most of the lies, we end up finding a few unexpected thing that’s later proven to be true, such as the Confidential Artwork for the Gen 7 starter’s final evolutions.

First there were rumors and fake leaks surrounding Spain from the Tapu and Bird Pokemon in G7, plus GF’s visit and them saying that they love the place. Now there have been similar rumors and fake leaks done for the UK from that one episode in Sun and Moon anime and calendar in LGPE. I can picture it being England with the Isle of Man, but nothing is yet concrete without GF’s announcement.

it does seem like less people know details on gen 8 (as in like virtually nobody outside of gamefreak ,etc this time) compared to LGPE where a ton of people knew things months in advance

It's refreshing since we're more likely to be surprised

Someone on 4chan randomly posted this image from probably the upcoming trailer wtf
http://i.********/vp/1546268839729.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom