• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Let's get what we have seen through thus far with all the hype, rumors and leaks.

Since During Gen 6-7: SE Asia, Australasia, China.

During Gen 7: South America, Canada, Russia.

2017- Early 2018: Spain - GF was visiting and love the place, Tapu and Bird Pokemon from Gen 7.

Late 2018: UK - London was seen in SM098 in Pokemon Anime, hints to island calendar in LGPE.

And thus... nothing revealed but these coincidental hints.

So... Let's get what we have seen through thus far with all the hype, rumors and leaks.

Since During Gen 6-7: SE Asia, Australasia, China.

During Gen 7: South America, Canada, Russia.

2017- Early 2018: Spain - GF was visiting and love the place, Tapu and Bird Pokemon from Gen 7.

Late 2018: UK - London was seen in SM098 in Pokemon Anime, hints to island calendar in LGPE.

And thus... nothing revealed but these coincidental hints.

GF visited Australia and NZ for the launches of SM to answer questions. Believe they did something similar during the launch of USUM.

Pokemon Sun/Moon - Q&A with producer and director - Nintendo Everything

I can come up with a leak...

>The new Pokemon Game will be called Pokemon Rose and Tulip
>The Region will be based in Southern Spain
>Starters will be a Grass Puppy, a Fire Calf and a Water Capybara
>The trainers will resemble a mix of the trainers from Gen 4 and 5.
>A Gym Leader will be a Fire Type Flaminco Dancer.
>The Ground Type Gym Leader will be a Matador.
>The evil team will be a mysterious Dark Type team called Team Granada.
>Cynthia's Father is the Pokemon Champion of the Region.
>A train will link to Kalos in Post-Game, Battle Frontier makes a comeback.
>Legendaries will be a Dragon and a Eagle.
>The Third will fuse with Zygarde.

You see how we can obviously tell that this is all not true, because I just made this in a matter of 5 Minutes.

Everyone's so fixated on London and Spain that the salt and disappointment will be unmeasurable when it turns out to be a totally different place.

That might be a possibility, although they might be curious of how the game is doing over there. We won't know anything until later on in 2019.

This quote was interesting

noting that the series could journey to Australia some day, due to its diverse wildlife.

I live in Australia, and Gen 7 is the first time they have come to us and even acknowledge that we exist lol. They made a big deal of promoting Gen 7 here. Previously there has been little to no contact from GF in general with our fans. I def feel its possible an aussie region could be a thing in the future.

This quote was interesting

noting that the series could journey to Australia some day, due to its diverse wildlife.

I live in Australia, and Gen 7 is the first time they have come to us and even acknowledge that we exist lol. They made a big deal of promoting Gen 7 here. Previously there has been little to no contact from GF in general with our fans. I def feel its possible an aussie region could be a thing in the future.
If so, then They'll probably base it on Sidney.

Torchic (Gen 3), Piplup (Gen 4), both are birds
Birds are an entire class of animals like the classes of manmals and fish. Felines are a much smaller family. Birds are a much larger and diverse group so they can easily get by with two birds in a row while two felines in a row is unlikely. It'd be like having a turkey starter in gen 4 right after Torchic in gen 3.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it'd be crazy unusual and some people would be irritated.

In the anime episode with the London cameo, when showing the clip for the next episode with the hairy Eevee, in announcement, one suggested of what if it evolved into a Bug Type, which they laughed and doubted.

I can come up with a leak...

>The new Pokemon Game will be called Pokemon Rose and Tulip
>The Region will be based in Southern Spain
>Starters will be a Grass Puppy, a Fire Calf and a Water Capybara
>The trainers will resemble a mix of the trainers from Gen 4 and 5.
>A Gym Leader will be a Fire Type Flaminco Dancer.
>The Ground Type Gym Leader will be a Matador.
>The evil team will be a mysterious Dark Type team called Team Granada.
>Cynthia's Father is the Pokemon Champion of the Region.
>A train will link to Kalos in Post-Game, Battle Frontier makes a comeback.
>Legendaries will be a Dragon and a Eagle.
>The Third will fuse with Zygarde.

You see how we can obviously tell that this is all not true, because I just made this in a matter of 5 Minutes.

As much as I'd love to see a Spain based game(cause I'm spanish) why would they choose specifically Southern Spain? Andalucia and Murcia doesn't represent even the 50% of Spain, and why not include Madrid and Barcelona? those are the most emblematic and important cities in the country(also, Madrid is the capital LOL)

It's obviously fake XD that "Team Granada" just sounds so hillarious, and connecting Kalos(French) and Spain by a train only having Southern Spain as the Region it's... well, just stupid XD

PS: good job doing the fake XD I had a lot of fun reading it

march or may this is my deadline for the end of anime i cant stand any longer of generation 7 lifespan

about another movie for mewtwo simply meh

I believe someone pointed out that islands present on the calander better resemble the Bahamas.

Upon investigation the lower/larger Island resembles Andros and the upper/smaller island resembles Nassau, if I’m not mistaken.

I believe someone pointed out that islands present on the calander better resemble the Bahamas.

Upon investigation the lower/larger Island resembles Andros and the upper/smaller island resembles Nassau, if I’m not mistaken.
It does indeed, indicating either a Caribbean Region in the future, or a nod to the location.

As much as I'd love to see a Spain based game(cause I'm spanish) why would they choose specifically Southern Spain? Andalucia and Murcia doesn't represent even the 50% of Spain, and why not include Madrid and Barcelona? those are the most emblematic and important cities in the country(also, Madrid is the capital LOL)

It's obviously fake XD that "Team Granada" just sounds so hillarious, and connecting Kalos(French) and Spain by a train only having Southern Spain as the Region it's... well, just stupid XD

PS: good job doing the fake XD I had a lot of fun reading it

What about alicante and alcoy its place with mountains and a lot of forests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom