• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake leaks apart, I believe the next region can be inspired by England, but a Pokémon region inspired by the whole UK? Doesn't that sound too much? There are many countries, with very different cultures, I think it is unlikely.

Last edited:
They said a direct was to going to be announced on New Years and they were wrong. And the “week or two” part just make it all the more sketchier.

How many red flags does a leak need before we can call it fake?
January 10th? That's where one is rumored to come out.

I guess it's an American thing to complain about everything. They just simply doesn't know that Scepter has been used in American literature in the past. They just want a title to be exciting.
Not everyone here is from America, you know.

And what does literature in the past have to do with scepter’s current scarce usage, which is what people are arguing?

Not everyone here is from America, you know.

And what does literature in the past have to do with scepter’s current scarce usage, which is what people are arguing?
I'm just tired of trying to explain right about now.

Here's my theory goes:
We known Fairy Type Pokemon got introduced in gen 6 and I think Fairy pokemon are going to playing major role in gen 8,because they are going to get introduce as the main antagonists for gen 8.

I don't think a evil team serve as the main anatagonists in gen 8 and more as side villains like Team Skull had in S/M and US/UM,but I think the mythical fairy/dark pokemons will serve as the main antagonists. I think they are going to base on the Dark elves and I believe we are going to get fairy/fighting or fairy/psychic pokemons will base on High elves,because I believe it does makes sense that Crown and Scepter are represents to Seelie and Unseelie in fairy mythology (Classifications of fairies - Wikipedia). I think the Butterfly mascot (Specter) could represents the Seelie Court (Blessed or High Court) and The Spider one (Crown) could represents Unseelie Court (Unblessed or Night Court).

I think the main reason why the U. K. region and Kalos went to war with the each others in 3,000 years ago,because people from Kalo region thought they could co-exist with the fairy pokemon like we do with any other pokemon (That's why we has seen the fairy pokemon peacefully walking aside with them in X/Y). But I think U.K. thinks fairy pokemons are the bad omens,because they believes the fairy pokemon has stolen their children (Swapping Babies: The Disturbing Faerie Changeling Phenomenon). This could leads to 3, 000 years war with the disagreement over fairy pokemon.

I think this was where Meltmetal comes plays in the 3,000 war to created weapons that made out of Iron to thrawt out fairy pokemons,because we known Fairy-type pokemons are weak against Steel-type and iron is harmful to fairies in European folklore. This could destruction of the aftermath of the war that left Kalos being scarred from 3,000 years old.

I think the most of fairy pokemons can't trust human and went into hiding after the Wars,because they thinks humans are the threat to their pokemon society and they thinks that it's wrong that humans using pokemon as "their slaves". I think the humans even thinks fairy pokemon as pests and should use as experiments (I think this could be part of the evil team's motive).

I think the main character could be somehow to be the gab to make a brigde between fairy pokemon and humans. I don't known. I am thinking they are doing a Tam Lin route (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam_Lin) ,because I remembered the Plus/Minus rumor supposed to be like that,but I don't known it will work because it was really dark.

Please, guys, tell me your thoughts on this.

Last edited:
So. Breaking the bubble on the whole London or Spain is the new region (Because I'm absolutely tired of seeing it every. damn. where.), my expectations for a potential Gen IV remake:

- Considering Silvally is a failed attempt at recreating Arceus, Team Galactic attempts to use one of the Silvally to gain control of Dialga and Palkia.
- We visit Dialga and Palkia's Dimensions, where each gain an alternative form. In these forms, similar to Giratina's Origin Form, they aren't necessarily Pokémon anymore, instead becoming something akin to Lunala and Solgaleo, bearing some sort of relation to the Ultra Beasts.
- Z-Moves in Sinnoh are thought to be power fragments of Arceus' plates, hence why they will only be available post-game (Similar to how Mega Evolution in Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was only available post-game.)
- New Mega Evolutions for Sinnoh Pokémon include: Mega Drapion, Mega Hippowdon, Mega Bronzong, Mega Purugly, Mega Skuntank, Mega Toxicroak, Mega Honckrow and the starters.
- Like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, Arceus reveals its 'True Form', but only when all the plates are in its possession.
- A 'Delta Episode' based on Arceus and the banishment of Giratina to the Origin World.
- HMs are replaced with ride Pokémon. These also make traversing the slow snow routes faster.

Some obvious and easy things to expect, but we have to start somewhere, I guess.

So. Breaking the bubble on the whole London or Spain is the new region (Because I'm absolutely tired of seeing it every. damn. where.), my expectations for a potential Gen IV remake:

- Considering Silvally is a failed attempt at recreating Arceus, Team Galactic attempts to use one of the Silvally to gain control of Dialga and Palkia.
- We visit Dialga and Palkia's Dimensions, where each gain an alternative form. In these forms, similar to Giratina's Origin Form, they aren't necessarily Pokémon anymore, instead becoming something akin to Lunala and Solgaleo, bearing some sort of relation to the Ultra Beasts.
- Z-Moves in Sinnoh are thought to be power fragments of Arceus' plates, hence why they will only be available post-game (Similar to how Mega Evolution in Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was only available post-game.)
- New Mega Evolutions for Sinnoh Pokémon include: Mega Drapion, Mega Hippowdon, Mega Bronzong, Mega Purugly, Mega Skuntank, Mega Toxicroak, Mega Honckrow and the starters.
- Like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, Arceus reveals its 'True Form', but only when all the plates are in its possession.
- A 'Delta Episode' based on Arceus and the banishment of Giratina to the Origin World.
- HMs are replaced with ride Pokémon. These also make traversing the slow snow routes faster.

Some obvious and easy things to expect, but we have to start somewhere, I guess.
The Generation IV Remake Discussion

Here's my theory goes:
We known Fairy Type Pokemon got introduced in gen 6 and I think Fairy pokemon are going to playing major role in gen 8,because they are going to get introduce as the main antagonists for gen 8.

I don't think a evil team serve as the main anatagonists in gen 8 and more as side villains like Team Skull had in S/M and US/UM,but I think the mythical fairy/dark pokemons will serve as the main antagonists. I think they are going to base on the Dark elves and I believe we are going to get fairy/fighting or fairy/psychic pokemons will base on High elves,because I believe it does makes sense that Crown and Scepter are represents to Seelie and Unseelie in fairy mythology (Classifications of fairies - Wikipedia). I think the Butterfly mascot could represents the Seelie Court (Blessed or High Court) and Unseelie Court (Unblessed or Night Court).

I think the main reason why the U. K. region and Xalos went to war with the each others in 3,000 years ago,because people from Xalo region thought they could co-exist with the fairy pokemon like we do with any other pokemon (That's why we has seen the fairy pokemon peacefully walking aside with them in X/Y). But I think U.K. thinks fairy pokemons are the bad omens,because they believes the fairy pokemon has stolen their children (Swapping Babies: The Disturbing Faerie Changeling Phenomenon). This could leads to 3, 000 years war with the disagreement over fairy pokemon.

I think this was where Meltmetal comes plays in the 3,000 war to created weapons that made out of Iron to thrawt out fairy pokemons,because we known Fairy-type pokemons are weak against Steel-type and iron is harmful to fairies in European folklore. This could destruction of the aftermath of the war that left Xalos being scarred from 3,000 years old.

I think the most of fairy pokemons can't trust human and went into hiding after the Wars,because they thinks humans are the threat to their pokemon society and they thinks that it's wrong that humans using pokemon as "their slaves". I think the humans even thinks fairy pokemon as pests and should use as experiments (I think this could be part of the evil team's motive).

I think the main character could be somehow to be the gab to make a brigde between fairy pokemon and humans. I don't known.
Now that sounds like a very plausible story for a region or fan region. Good Job. Although why is Kalos called Xalos?

Blame the people who are overanalyzing everything and are assuming that the tiniest things are hints to a UK region.

Here's my theory goes:

I don't think a evil team serve as the main anatagonists in gen 8 and more as side villains like Team Skull had in S/M and US/UM,but I think the mythical fairy/dark pokemons will serve as the main antagonists. I think they are going to base on the Dark elves and I believe we are going to get fairy/fighting or fairy/psychic pokemons will base on High elves,because I believe it does makes sense that Crown and Scepter are represents to Seelie and Unseelie in fairy mythology (Classifications of fairies - Wikipedia). I think the Butterfly mascot could represents the Seelie Court (Blessed or High Court) and Unseelie Court (Unblessed or Night Court).

I think the main reason why the U. K. region and Xalos went to war with the each others in 3,000 years ago,because people from Xalo region thought they could co-exist with the fairy pokemon like we do with any other pokemon (That's why we has seen the fairy pokemon peacefully walking aside with them in X/Y). But I think U.K. thinks fairy pokemons are the bad omens,because they believes the fairy pokemon has stolen their children (Swapping Babies: The Disturbing Faerie Changeling Phenomenon). This could leads to 3, 000 years war with the disagreement over fairy pokemon.

I think this was where Meltmetal comes plays in the 3,000 war to created weapons that made out of Iron to thrawt out fairy pokemons,because we known Fairy-type pokemons are weak against Steel-type and iron is harmful to fairies in European folklore. This could destruction of the aftermath of the war that left Xalos being scarred from 3,000 years old.

I think the main character could be somehow to be the gab to make a brigde between fairy pokemon and humans. I don't known. I am thinking they are doing a Tam Lin route(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam_Lin),because I remembered the Plus/Minus rumor supposed to be like that,but I don't known it will work because it was really dark.

Please, guys, tell me your thoughts on this.
This actually makes alot of sense
I believe UK is the most likely region for gen 8

Blame the people who are overanalyzing everything and are assuming that the tiniest things are hints to a UK region.
Let's not start arguments now. I'm tired and so are you, let's just put all this behind us and start discussing something else.

Uh, since no one was talking about it, and I was the only one who touched the subject, I feel I must say that I don't believe in any of those "hints" (if you are referring to the discussion of a few pages ago).

I just meant that I believe in the possibility of a region inspired by England, but not by the whole United Kingdom.

Now that sounds like a very plausible story for a region or fan region. Good Job. Although why is Kalos called Xalos?
Thank you very much. I has came up thought about this theory very long time.
Yeah, Thank you for catching that typo for me. I even forgot to put in Spider could represents Unseelie Courts.
I am into a lot of fairy folklore when I started colletecting fairy figurines, artworks of them and I even got books on them. I thought someone finally got explore their mythology of them. ;)

WEW this thread moves fast

I don’t think it makes marketing sense for people outside Japan either.

Imagine a kid asking his parents “Can i get Pokemon Scepter?”

The parents reaction:
View attachment 114739

Aren't all Pokemon game names a bit weird by default? Crown & Sceptre aren't that much weirder than any game named after a gemstone.

A Scepter is just basically a staff that you hold, which can also be used as a cane or walking stick.

A sceptre is far more ceremonial in conception and creation, reserved for royalty and people of very high stature.

Yeah. Scepter is not used a lot outside the UK.

As a UK resident, it's not exactly used often in the UK either. The most commonly known sceptre that the UK has is a part of the Crown Jewels.

What even is this thread?

Every time I log in there’s like...5 new pages, which makes me think something meaningful is being discussed.

The thread should be renamed ‘Official Generation 8 Semantics & Pedantry Discussion Thread’

I totally understand that there’s very little actual news to feed on at the moment, I get it, we’re all hungry. But having scanned the last few pages (regrettably. there’s some time I’ll never get back) it looks like a few people have tried to interject with some cool ideas and Wishlist sort of stuff, only to be drowned out by... well... bickering.

Taking the discussion away from the new region locale for a moment, the official Pokemon Twitter tweeted about the 2019 movie, and having a link to a tweet with the latest trailer for the film. Whilst this isn't really a lot of news in itself, it is very uncommon for the English Pokemon twitter to be notifying us of news that only really has much appeal to the Japanese audience at the moment. So I think something big may be coming soon.

I wonder what will be the new Pokemon/form for this film?A new form for Mewtwo, or perhaps a Gen VIII Mythical? Usually we get news in the February issue of CoroCoro, so that could be something to look forward to.

Tweet in question:

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1079764869669240833

What even is this thread?

Every time I log in there’s like...5 new pages, which makes me think something meaningful is being discussed.

The thread should be renamed ‘Official Generation 8 Semantics & Pedantry Discussion Thread’

I totally understand that there’s very little actual news to feed on at the moment, I get it, we’re all hungry. But having scanned the last few pages (regrettably. there’s some time I’ll never get back) it looks like a few people have tried to interject with some cool ideas and Wishlist sort of stuff, only to be drowned out by... well... bickering.
They should change the thread's name from "Speculation and leaks" from "trying to have fun about SPECULATING but some people seems to don't understand what speculate and having fun is" I think that it's more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom