• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sceptre is the name of James Bond movie. The word may not have not much usage outside of the UK, but I immediately recognized what it was when I looked up the word. If a hypothetical game uses the correct imagery on the boxart, people will instantly recognize what it is.
You’re confusing “Scepter” with “Spectre”

Sceptre is the name of James Bond movie. The word may not have not much usage outside of the UK, but I immediately recognized what it was when I looked up the word. If a hypothetical game uses the correct imagery on the boxart, people will instantly recognize what it is.
I think the word you mean is specter/spectre, not scepter.

EDIT: Ninja'ed

It's called "Spectre". You should probably watch more James Bond films.

On the Directs subject, I believe the announcement can happen after a Nintendo Direct this time (a Pokémon Direct happening after a Nintendo Direct).

Since unfortunately we no longer have Iwata to present it (like XY), do you know what would be incredible?

Just imagine: the presentation begins with Ishihara or someone else, and then he says - "We have something to present today. But I will not give you the news. Let me call someone more appropriate to do that."

And then Satoshi himself appears and begins to tell the whole story of his childhood and about the development of Red and Green, and about all way that the games have gone so far. And then, it ends with the game trailer.

I know I'm daydreaming here. But as critical as I've used to be with the franchise lately, I confess that probably it would be enough to sell me the whole game.

Last edited:
Ps, am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a region based on UK? If they are going for European country as an inspiration, Greece and Italy are far better choices imo.

Nope; I am also not super excited for a possible UK region and I agree that, if it has to be a European country, I would choose Greece or Italy or even Romania before the UK. I mean, Romania is where Transylvania is. Who doesn't want that? Doesn't that place have haunted castles? I also just found out that Romania has a really cool looking salt mine that's a popular tourist destination.

I guess that the UK/England are represented in movies; games; and books; so much already that I just can't get excited about it.

Since unfortunately we no longer have Iwata to present it (like XY),

You know, I re-watched the 2013 direct today and I almost cried. January 8th is on a Tuesday again this year, btw and we are getting another Animal Crossing this year. Perhaps history will repeat itself. I would love for Satoshi to give a few words. (is anyone here also equally hyped about Animal Crossing? Being hyped for two games I know next to nothing about is starting to wear on me)

Last edited:
How many Mythical Pokemon do you think will be introduced in Gen 8? Gen 7 introduced two in Sun and Moon, one for the Ultra games and an evolutionary line for the Let's Go games. I'm guessing either two or three in total.

How many Mythical Pokemon do you think will be introduced in Gen 8? Gen 7 introduced two in Sun and Moon, one for the Ultra games and an evolutionary line for the Let's Go games. I'm guessing either two or three in total.
Hopefully 2 or 3

Also about legendary's... I hope there are only a few. I don't want the region crowded with them like gen 4 and 7

They're talking about Specter (a ghost) vs Scepter (a staff), not Scepter vs Sceptre.

I know that. And I would've said the same thing as you have said. I was telling those who live in america that they end some of their words with er, but in the UK it's re.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom