• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell if this is extreme reaching or a huge hint.
OH my gosh this is driving me insane. Like there is hype about a potential leak, and then there's freaking this which is so big and distracting it's preventing me from writing! Yo GameFreak, I have an intermediate fiction class starting in 5 days and I need my brain to write! Can I have it back?!

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/700214210483990528

I feel like picking two specific foods out of the entire dish Masuda posted is a kinda weird method for choosing evidence, We're only picking out those foods because of the Crown/Scepter post-without that, is there any reason to think it's not about a fish/bean legendary duo?

Also, I'm pretty sure that's not butterfly shrimp. To butterfly shrimp is to spread the meat out, like spreading the wings of a butterfly.

Those shrimp look pretty un-butterflied to me.

Please, make it stop. I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's such a stretch and yet, why does it all have to make sense in such an awkward convoluted way?

Also, I'm pretty sure that's not butterfly shrimp. To butterfly shrimp is to spread the meat out, like spreading the wings of a butterfly.

This is a good point. Would a person from Japan even know that this is called butterfly shrimp? (I thought that was the name of the species until now.) Or that that species of crab is called a Spider Crab?

This is a good point. Would a person from Japan even know that this is called butterfly shrimp? (I thought that was the name of the species until now.) Or that that species of crab is called a Spider Crab?
It does seem to be called a Spider Crab (and native to Japan, too), but I couldn't find anything calling the preparation "butterfly shrimp" in Japan. (though admittedly I didn't look too hard, because "butterfly shrimp Japan" was just turning up the instructions)

The origin of Butterfly Shrimp / Prawns comes from Thailand / Vietnam, but many asian countries and areas use it in their day to day cuisine such as Japan. Its very common for parties, social do's and gatherings.

Probably more of a New Year's celebration thing (osechi) than a hint.

Although I always welcome more crustaceans.

Hey guys, I’ve got a few secrets to unravel. For the past few days, this account is not being operated by the usual user PkmnTrainerV, but me, a former employee of GameFreak who got fired at 6 months pregnant because they wanted to avoid paying maternity leave at such a busy time.

I’ve seen this Crown and Scepter leak pop up, and it’s such a blatant fake popping up from piggybacked ideas that I’ve decided to spill the real beans, also partly as a revenge to GameFreak. I’ve dropped a few of these leaks as hints before during my period of masquerading as PkmnTraimerV. I work(ed) as a concept designer for GameFreak, and my job involved overseeing the concept designs, and often improving them before sending to the higher ups.
Here's the details of Generation 8: Pokemon Plus and Minus:

1. Yes. They’re the titles. Not to be confused by the previous Plus and Minus leak since the only similarity they share is the name.
2. Region is based on a mish-mash of UK locations: I’ve been involved in overseeing concept art of a London-based location. It’s going to be the most ambitious location yet by GameFreak, aimed to fully utilise the Switch capabilities.
3. Camera angles are adjustable by the player.
4. Art style is like a fusion of BotW and Town.
5. Starters are Fire rabbit, Water/Normal Mink, and Grass Sheep. I haven’t seen the final stages, only the initial ones. Yes, I dropped this during my tenure as the fake PkmnTrainerV.
6. The Pokémon school is based on Oxford, and includes battle models for challenging professors too.
7. Regional variants, Mega Evolutions, and regular evolutions return.
Many editions of Johto and Sinnoh mega designs had been floating around when I worked, I don’t know which one has been finalised, but they’re getting Megas at any rate.
8. Regional variants for Deerling, Mienfoo, and Swinub.
7. Evolutions for Minior, Hawlucha, Scrafty. Split evolutions for Weepinbell, Dragonair and Hoothoot.

I'm sincerely sorry for using PkmnTrainerV's account and inconveniencing him. No hacking was involved, stalking him across various platforms allowed me to guess his password.
The account's password has now been restored to normal and the original PkmnTrainerV will be able to access it. I assure everyone here that I'm not going to touch this account from now on.

Thanks for coming to my teddiursa talk! /s

Hey guys, I’ve got a few secrets to unravel. For the past few days, this account is not being operated by the usual user PkmnTrainerV, but me, a former employee of GameFreak who got fired at 6 months pregnant because they wanted to avoid paying maternity leave at such a busy time.

I’ve seen this Crown and Scepter leak pop up, and it’s such a blatant fake popping up from piggybacked ideas that I’ve decided to spill the real beans, also partly as a revenge to GameFreak. I’ve dropped a few of these leaks as hints before during my period of masquerading as PkmnTraimerV. I work(ed) as a concept designer for GameFreak, and my job involved overseeing the concept designs, and often improving them before sending to the higher ups.

1. Yes. They’re the titles. Not to be confused by the previous Plus and Minus leak since the only similarity they share is the name.
2. Region is based on a mish-mash of UK locations: I’ve been involved in overseeing concept art of a London-based location. It’s going to be the most ambitious location yet by GameFreak, aimed to fully utilise the Switch capabilities.
5. Starters are Fire rabbit, Water/Normal Mink, and Grass Sheep. I haven’t seen the final stages, only the initial ones. Yes, I dropped this during my tenure as the fake PkmnTrainerV.
6. The Pokémon school is based on Oxford, and includes battle models for challenging professors too.
Many editions of Johto and Sinnoh mega designs had been floating around when I worked, I don’t know which one has been finalised, but they’re getting Megas at any rate.
7. Evolutions for Minior, Hawlucha, Scrafty. Split evolutions for Weepinbell, Dragonair and Hoothoot.

I'm sincerely sorry for using PkmnTrainerV's account and inconveniencing him. No hacking was involved, stalking him across various platforms allowed me to guess his password.
The account's password has now been restored to normal and the original PkmnTrainerV will be able to access it. I assure everyone here that I'm not going to touch this account from now on.

yeah, right...

Could we stop the blatant trolling?

You thought it was PkmnTrainerV? But it was me, gamefreak employee.

It's a joke
We're all bored here
Then do something else; play a game, do some work, whatever. Filling up the thread just because makes no sense.

Anyway, I hope the upcoming generation has the best UI and all of the QoL changes we have been used to from past generations (repel-warning, effectiveness of moves, healing-option in the party, etc.). There are probably even more I can't remember.

The team also has enough designers to hopefully come up with a big amount of 'mons again. Kind of tired of only 70/80 new ones and seeing older 'mons for the bazillionth time (I look at you, gen 1).

All I want is a Water/Dragon as a Starter. With all the lore on Dragons in the sea, I really do hope we get Water/Dragon starter this generation. Whether it be Dolphin or Loch ness or whatever, just give me my Water/Dragon starter GameFreak!

Get in boys, were going to England.

I kid, I kid. But still so much is pointing at England right now, I wonder what would happen if some other region is chosen instead? Will people who were convinced it would be England be upset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom